Q3 pricing and Info July 2020

• This topic has 571 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Susan.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #115407 Reply
    JS

With Q3 upon us and the negotiation team finalising pricing, keep your ear to the ground, push dealers for info etc, a lot of dealers will be having meetings and discussions and the revised prices pinged to their inboxes, and some updating their websites before the 1st, it won’t be our usual heads up but let’s see what we can find out.

Good Luck

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 571 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117001 Reply
    Susan

Smallcar, thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately also ugly as sin. We’ll have to wait for the full updated Motability list to see if there’s any other options otherwise I guess I’ll have to go back to a manual car.

#117002 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I actually thought prices would drop given you would think they would want every boost to car sales they can get after Covid. But yes £2449 for an Astra is absolutely ridiculous

Especially when you can buy a 2019 SRI Turbo with only 5,000 miles for the same amount of cash you’ll pay for the one you mention

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#117003 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Or Crossland x

#117004 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Just came accros this https://www.swanswaygarages.com/motability/offers/seat/ Says July to Sept and 2.0l xcelent lux has gone

I hope those prices are incorrect but I made a note of the Seat Tarraco DSG 1.5 petrol back at the end of March so not sure if there Q1 or Q2 AP’s but this is how they’ve changed.

Tarraco SE old AP £999 new AP £2,149

Tarraco SE Tech old AP £1,199 new AP £2,599

Tarraco Xcellence old AP £1,799 new AP £2,899

I’ve only got a very short list of suitable cars for myself but its just got shorter if these price are correct.

#117005 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Some good news but not for me he he… As i picked up my new car last week that was ordered back in Jan.

It’s gone down £300

Honda Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo Sport 5dr CVT Petrol Hatchback
    Advance payment now £1349 was £1649 Q2 / £1599 Q1

Luckily i managed to get £200 off and a tank of fuel so i’m Only £50 down on this Quarters price. When I did the test drive It was £999 Ap and had risen £600 when i could actually order it.

#117006 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Susan

Crikey, wouldn’t discount over looks if suitable in every other way. Practicality and ease of driving is paramount to me.

#117007 Reply
    JS

strange dates of 1st July to 31st July but this might be Toyota list.

https://www.slm.co.uk/toyota/motability-cars

#117008 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car
    #117009 Reply
    gillan

Good god! Fancy spending over nine grand on a car you hate the look of.
    Not a compromise I’d be prepared to take.

#117012 Reply
    Gordon

@JS

I saw the same Toyota prices on another dealership site and they were valid until the 30th September.

#117013 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Well it looks like the Ateca Xcellence Lux price has stayed the same on the Swansway link above, just waiting for my local dealer to confirm it.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#117015 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Just came accros this https://www.swanswaygarages.com/motability/offers/seat/ Says July to Sept and 2.0l xcelent lux has gone

I hope those prices are incorrect but I made a note of the Seat Tarraco DSG 1.5 petrol back at the end of March so not sure if there Q1 or Q2 AP’s but this is how they’ve changed. Tarraco SE old AP £999 new AP £2,149 Tarraco SE Tech old AP £1,199 new AP £2,599 Tarraco Xcellence old AP £1,799 new AP £2,899 I’ve only got a very short list of suitable cars for myself but its just got shorter if these price are correct.

New VW price list here now and looks like the Tiguan Allspace is cheaper than the Tarraco now but not by much.

Good to see the Touran still holding good on it’s AP, hope it stays that way to Q3 2021.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/offers-and-finance/motability/motability-brochure

#117016 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

gillan

I am sure there are many Motability and other disabled people who definitely have to forego the look of a car to suit their practical and disability requirements,  You are fortunate.

#117017 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

£3.5k for a Rav4 makes a 3Series look pretty good value!

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#117018 Reply
    JS

need to check the dates but most seem Q3 ford/mazda/hyundai

https://www.saltmarine.com/motability-offers/

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by JS.
    #117019 Reply
    martino

Just looked at A/P on volkswagen  link all the all the A/P on all the dealers iv looked at is so expensive , think ill need to stay in or walk (if i could ) thanks Motability

#117022 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Nissan Juke auto with heat pack looks great value at £649 heated windscreen very handy and very good twin clutch automatic

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#117023 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Gordon Toyota CHR design hybrid still same price at £995 looks great value

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#117024 Reply
    Gordon

Hi Mike,

Thats great news, did you manage to get into the dealership today? Its taken me all day to find the prices for Toyota, I just need to decide now as to what to do.

#117025 Reply
    Lord Muc

Wayne, £3.5k for a Rav4 makes a 3Series look pretty good value

Motobility staff must have had some sort of lockdown stir crazy madness. This is completely bonkers!!!

#117029 Reply
    gillan

@smallcar

I wouldn’t call C6 complete fortunate!

not for one minute.

#117031 Reply
    Bryan

I’ve been on the Motability Scheme for many years and I can’t recall such a big price increase across most manufacturers (Volvo seem to be the saviour this quarter).

I was due to order at the end of March but of course that never happened but I had visited and /or phoned a dozen or so dealerships so I was ready when orders reopened in June.

Half a dozen more phone calls and my order was in for a Mercedes CLA , along with a £500 AP discount and I am collecting next week.

My tip… always order before the next quarter, you can always cancel if prices ever go down. That CLA has gone up £650 today….. phew!

#117033 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Gillan

“I wouldn’t call C6 complete fortunate!

not for one minute.”

Of course I agree with that, and sympathise, but there are many people that wouldn’t be able to get a car that is a “looker” that suits all their other needs .

Your comment ” good god ……….not a comprise I would be prepared to take” didn’t sound particularly sympathetic to the severely disabled that have to place the aesthetics of a car at the bottom of the list.

#117034 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Bryan  That’s exactly what I did.  Ordered a stock car a few days ago in the knowledge that I could cancel it if the price went down and reorder it.

#117036 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Wayne, £3.5k for a Rav4 makes a 3Series look pretty good value Motobility staff must have had some sort of lockdown stir crazy madness. This is completely bonkers!!!

Problem is that the model was so successful that there was a waiting list for people who were buying them at retail prices.

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 571 total)
Reply To: Q3 pricing and Info July 2020
Your information: