Q3 pricing and Info July 2020

This topic contains 571 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #115407 Reply

JS

With Q3 upon us and the negotiation team finalising pricing, keep your ear to the ground, push dealers for info etc, a lot of dealers will be having meetings and discussions and the revised prices pinged to their inboxes, and some updating their websites before the 1st, it won’t be our usual heads up but let’s see what we can find out.

Good Luck

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 571 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117941 Reply

Declan

Probably right rox. Seems a bit off hiking the price of a car that isn’t even built yet, let alone available for viewing or test drives. Looks like they’ve changed the  heating control from nice physical dials to sliders which won’t go down too well in most quarters, I reckon. The price hike has put it out of my reach anyhow.

#117945 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

No, that price is for the current model.  The new facelift version won’t be here until the end of the year.

There will be stock available as VW still have around 15 to 20,000 cars sitting at Emden docks waiting to be shipped over to the UK.

I would have loved the R-Line Tiguan but at £2,899 it’s ridiculous.  I ended up cancelling and ordering a Seat Ateca Xcellence Lux, available from stock and almost identical to the R-Line.  There’s no sunroof (not a great loss) but it does have a heated windscreen as a bonus 🙂  For the 1.5 petrol the AP was £1245.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#117946 Reply

Declan

Nice one Phaedra. Does that Ateca have the electric tailgate as well?

#117947 Reply

Declan

Hasn’t/Isn’t the Ateca getting a facelift around now too?

#117949 Reply

File28

Yes the Ateca is having a face-lift and stock only orders atm

Very limited stock available

I believe that new version orders not being taken until end of year

#117964 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Yes, the Xcellence Lux has the electric tail gate.

From what I’ve seen about the Tiguan and Ateca face lifts there’s nothing I would miss out on.  A bit of cosmetic exterior and interior touches and the lack of physical controls with more things now having to be operated by the touch screen which I think is a step in the wrong direction.  The only thing I saw that I’d have liked was the provision of USB C type connectors with one next to the rear view mirror for connecting a dash cam easily.

There’s certainly stock up here, my dealer said there were at least 5 of the petrol X-Lux available.  Unfortunately the 1.6 diesel that was my preferred choice is no longer on the scheme, shame as he has 3 of those sitting in his branch!.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#117968 Reply

rox
    Participant

Probably right rox. Seems a bit off hiking the price of a car that isn’t even built yet, let alone available for viewing or test drives. Looks like they’ve changed the heating control from nice physical dials to sliders which won’t go down too well in most quarters, I reckon. The price hike has put it out of my reach anyhow.

True i had a golf till a week last monday and on the golf 8 they got the sliders now big mistake imo, just got a honda civic and they had a model refresh for 2020 and put the climate buttons back and now has a volume knob. They’ve listen to the customers..

Loving the honda sport, The tig is just too big for me day to day and the Ap is crazy even before i looked to order back in jan. Did look at a t-roc the 190tsi sel but even thats gone up £600 i think and way to much stuff on it are add ons.. not as standard like on the tig you get more as standard.

Only downside to seat is it’s 2nd gen tech compared to the vw, but all in all are cheaper and you get lots on highest trim level..

Is it you need something higher or the boot size or both in a car, i used to be in higher cars but last two been lower and with my long legs are actually easier and better for me to get into.

#117972 Reply

Declan

I’ve currently got a Peugeot 3008 GT Line which was up shortly but now have an extension until next February. I’m not sure where to go from here. I love the styling of the pug and it hasn’t given me any bother. Trouble is, in truth I find the alternatives a bit conservative with their styling (Ateca, Karoq and Tiguan). But there doesn’t seem any point in getting another 3008 and forking out another couple of grand for the privilege. I am 6ft 5 tall and have leg and back problems, so need the easier access of the SUV size. I had a sit in the Tiguan R Line on Thursday and quite liked it. It’s well specced just like my pug with the addition of sunroof and power tailgate. Trouble is, even though the new update is fairly mild, I would have to get it over the outgoing model!… Probably a bit silly, but I just have to have the latest versions of stuff! I might have a look at the Seat and Skoda this week too, but I also have half an eye open for the announcements of the new Qashqai and Tucson, both of which look stylish and interesting in the YouTube renderings. I fear that both of those will be middle of next year before they’re on sale though. Decisions, decisions…..

#117973 Reply

Declan

I forgot to mention that I would love a Volvo xc40 which I had a look around in Belfast before the lock down, but the low mpg economy on the petrol versions has put me right off, with some reports of late 20’s! I’ve averaged 51mpg in my diesel pug overaover the 3 years and would want thereabouts in the next car, hence it’ll probably be another diesel. The diesel xc40 is like £3500 AP the last time I checked!… Too much for me.

#117975 Reply

rox
    Participant

I been in diesels for the last 9 years and went petrol this time, sometimes there are offers by dealers as you’ve extended maybe worthwhile to keep looking and wait till something comes along, although being in NI probally limits those deals abit.

It’s one of the reasons i went with a lower car last time and this time and what i really like is how they drive over a suv or mpv.

I also have bad back and leg problems only i’m only 6ft2 but my legs are long and some cars are better than others for swinging them into after I’ve sat on the seat. Some i have to bend them to much to get them in and that really hurts my back to much. Pretty much every car is not easy to get into for me anymore but some are worse than others but it saves money on the ap as alot of lower cars have a  lower ap than an suv with the same specs.

But it is a personal choice and I like a newer mode, but at the end of the day gotta think of the overall budget and sometimes something has to give to get all the things i want like adaptive cruise and after getting the golf after a grand c4 i quite enjoyed driving again with less body roll, which also effects my back the less side to side movement is preffered now as well and some are better for us taller folk. Maybe worth checking a few out that in your ap price range and that the specs are what you need and see.. Having more options is alway better.

#117976 Reply

solent60
    Participant

I know what you mean Declan.

I love the new Peugeot 208 GT Line but with no heated seats option I’ve had to take it off my list. Same goes for the new Renault Clio. I can’t do without heated seats during the British Winter.

I currently have the Toyota C-HR which has been really fabulous in the 30-months I’ve had it. I saw one on the road back then when they first came out and loved the funky look of it. It’s a wonderful drive too – very comfortable seats which, being Toyota, are heated of course. However, as much as I like the C-HR – I wouldn’t necessary get another one because I do like to change cars completely after 3-years of owning one. I’ve looked at the all-singing, all-dancing brand new Toyota Corolla GR Sport which is a lovely looking car with all the bells & whistles. For some reason though, the AP has shot up to well over £2,000+ now which is a hefty price rise compared to pre-Covid prices. The 2.0L version does 50+MPG which in some ways may offset the steep AP after a year or so of driving it. But like you say; there is a sea of blandness out there for many car manufacturer’s & their models at the moment. Very little (looks wise) grabs my attention & makes me sit up & look. I don’t want dull and I don’t want key driver options missing due to a lot lower spec.

Guess I may have to wait for the new Ford Puma automatic & see what kind of AP Ford stick on that. In the current climate of weird & wonderful advance payments – it’ll probably be completely silly too !!!

#117977 Reply

martino

Declan in January i ended up canceling xc40 AWD petrol, i have always driven diesel  iv got xc60 and get good mileage but it was playing in my head what the sales man said you’ll only get 25 per gallon ,  i do about 19000 a year, i cant afford such low milage so i canceled it, i also looked at BMW X1 they are all petrol again sales man said about 25 per gallon  just wish mileage was better ,

#117979 Reply

Chris

Martino the X1 is available in diesel is it not?

#117980 Reply

martino

Chris when i looked at x1 awd it was petrol im going to look

#118033 Reply

Declan

Yeah Martino. Just looking at BMW X1 now myself…

I think that the dealers are now taking the pee with the AP’s. For example, a Skoda Karoq SE Technology 1.5 TSI  is just over 26k at the dealers before haggling a discount. Just got a quote from Carwow of £24,073. Yet Motability are still asking for £995 AP. Might as well get a BMW or Mercedes and pay an extra grand or so. At least they’re premium brands, albeit without all the bells and whistles. Having said that the Karoq SE spec hasn’t got it all either! As I said earlier, jacking up a Tiguan R Line by £1150 this quarter is a shocker.

#118065 Reply

Ali

Anyone looking to buy the bmw 2 series gran coupe, think again, just come back from the dealers and the delivery time on those are December 2020 if your lucky, possibly after new year

#118083 Reply

Gordon

Is it my imagination or has the diesel auto C4 Cactus come down in price by £500 since the weekend? Also the petrol auto is down from £95 to nil AP?

#118085 Reply

Ade

After looking at he XC40, I have went off them, as the MPG doesnt look too good.

So am gonna go for the new 2008, 1.2 puretech 130, carbuyer and whatcar say they got 47mpg out of their test cars. I drove one at the weekend, and am used to a diesel fiesta and pulled out of the junction at the dealership, and with the fiesta you have to mash the pedal to get ti to move. Well the 2008 just took off like shit of a shovel…very impressive.
    The cabin is very claustrophobic, and felt just like my Corrado’s – which I loved, so its not a problem for me. But yup – its got all the goodies that I would have to pay a small fortune for if I went for the XC40. But I have made an appointment with the Peugot garage and gonna go for the 2008 with Elixir Red pearlescent (which is £150 extra).

Unless the GLA comes back into the list….

#118089 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Anyone looking to buy the bmw 2 series gran coupe, think again, just come back from the dealers and the delivery time on those are December 2020 if your lucky, possibly after new year

Don’t forget that a long wait for a new vehicle may actually suit some existing Motability customers.

For example if the are still saving for the AP, or they are really satisfied with their current car, or even in a lease extension and getting the £7 per week lease extension refund and are saving that towards the new car.

Provding Motability keep them mobile in the interim (as they do with people who are already customers), a really long wait may benefit some people.

#118099 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

£150 cashback on Mazda Motability at Pentagon Lincoln:

https://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/mazda/motability

#118104 Reply

Welsh Joe
    Participant

Can I ask for an explanation of BigDaves comment as I’m on a lease extension and never heard about a refund ?

“or even in a lease extension and getting the £7 per week lease extension refund and are saving that towards the new car”

thanks

#118106 Reply

martino

Big Dave that’s a new one on me , i have never heard on a £7 per week lease extension refund,

i may have misunderstood what you wrote ,,,  i have had a few lease extensions over the years and have never had a refund,

i have thought i should get something because my car was over three year but i never asked . mind you there are always changes to the scheme , i have tried to look but i cant find anything ,

#118107 Reply

mitch
    Participant

its for wpms as the wpms allce is a higher amount it means if you extend the lease you would over pay as the contract is calculated at pip rates hence why wpms ap is less. and the system cant cope with changing the amount deducted from veterans agency.

#118108 Reply

martino

so its wpms not pip or dla is the correct, if to why would one get it and not the other

#118109 Reply

mitch
    Participant

pip is £62.25 per week and the contracts are calculated using that figure as the majority are on that.

wpms is £69.50 per week so over a contract you would pay more so they reduce the ap for wpms, but it means if you extend the contract you would be paying £7.25 too much hence the refund, why they cant just take less from the war pension i dont know, is another of those wierd things in the world that is motability.

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 571 total)
Reply To: Q3 pricing and Info July 2020

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: