Q3 pricing and Info July 2020

This topic contains 571 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #115407 Reply

JS

With Q3 upon us and the negotiation team finalising pricing, keep your ear to the ground, push dealers for info etc, a lot of dealers will be having meetings and discussions and the revised prices pinged to their inboxes, and some updating their websites before the 1st, it won’t be our usual heads up but let’s see what we can find out.

Good Luck

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 571 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117581 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Never pay anything towards the AP, if you order extras then maybe a deposit towards those but always make sure it’s refundable as any money you leave with the dealer is solely between you and them and has nothing to do with motability so it would be up to you to get it back if needed, also if the dealer goes bust you would lose it.

#117585 Reply

Chefo

Thank you Brian for that info. Im assuming Once you have your car you can use your local MB for servicing etc?

We’re off to see the Bmw x1 today, so I will drop the Q4 question in and ask for it in writing.

#117587 Reply

Chefo

Vinalspin. Volvo told me there was a £500 AP downment before ordering, if I was to say im not comftable paying a ‘deposit’ can they refuse to take the order?

#117602 Reply

Robr

@Chefo: No as far as I am aware a deposit towards the AP is as your own discretion.

#117616 Reply

Bryan

Hi chefo, yup …. my current merc was serviced locally with no problems.

i did check out the x1 2.0i xline in March but was a bit disappointed, I thought the XC40 a bit better built and roomier…. Marshall’s are offering £500 off bmw ‘s at the moment tho, plus give Vardy a ring if you’re near Edinburgh or Johnson’s Volvo who we’re offering £350 off.

Best of luck.

#117617 Reply

Gary

They can absolutely refuse to take your order, obviously they would lose the sale potentially, however thats their call to make.

#117618 Reply

TonyD

@dave G .. have you tried Rybrook BMW?
    Last quarter they were offering £500 off the X1, but don’t know about other models, or if the offer is continuing.

#117622 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Rybrook and Halliwell Jones are my local BMW dealers and there’s nothing to be had at either at the moment. Marshall’s are the only BMW dealer offering the £500 off.  However, It’s still worth a go because you never know.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#117631 Reply

Susan

Chefo, Robr. Over the years we’ve found different dealerships want the AP at different times. Mini refused to place the order until the full AP was paid but every other dealership we’ve dealt with has just wanted it paid before/at handover and are always surprised when I query it and tell them about our experience with Mini.

#117633 Reply

Chefo

Susan thank you for that.

I dont mind a deposit really. Aslong as its refundable.

#117658 Reply

Jamie

Wayne as far as I was aware the 500ap discount was at all bmw garages for the last quarter. The offer ended at the end of q2

#117664 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Hi Jamie, Thanks for posting but I didn’t see any other dealer offer it. I spoke to Rybrook and Halliwell Jones and they wouldn’t offer anything. I’ve always found that both in North Wakes and North West would rather lose a sale than give any discount. And that’s as a private buyer!
    If I’d have had a positive response, I’d have ordered by now.

If you look at the Marshalls website now, it’s been updated and the £500 cash back offer is now until Sept 30th. I’m going to try again soon 👍

https://www.marshall.co.uk/bmw/motability/

#117665 Reply

Matt

Hi Wayne,

Good news on the relaxing of the 5 mile lockdown radius rule. U should be able to go car shopping now!

Best of luck getting ur deal 👍

#117669 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Hi Jamie, Thanks for posting but I didn’t see any other dealer offer it. I spoke to Rybrook and Halliwell Jones and they wouldn’t offer anything. I’ve always found that both in North Wakes and North West would rather lose a sale than give any discount. And that’s as a private buyer! If I’d have had a positive response, I’d have ordered by now. If you look at the Marshalls website now, it’s been updated and the £500 cash back offer is now until Sept 30th. I’m going to try again soon  https://www.marshall.co.uk/bmw/motability/

When we were looking at an X1 at the beginning if the year, both Chester BMW and Williams BMW at liverpool were willing to match £500 off offers that other BMW dealers were running. The X1 turned out to be unsuitable due to the seat belt having no height adjustment, but nonetheless the willingness to come to a deal was there.

#117674 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Oh Matt, it’s fantastic news. And thank you. 👍
    On one hand I can’t wait but on the other, I’m nervous of going out. I mean really nervous.
    I’ve pretty much been housebound since the end of Feb. I’ve been to the docs four times and dropped my daughter at school twice this week but I’m pretty sure that’s it.
    I’m hoping that thinking of trying to get in a new car and testing a seat or two will occupy my mind and help me get out.
    So much saving, spreadsheets and window shopping needs to be put into practice now! 😂👍👍

#117678 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant
    When we were looking at an X1 at the beginning if the year, both Chester BMW and Williams BMW at liverpool were willing to match £500 off offers that other BMW dealers were running. The X1 turned out to be unsuitable due to the seat belt having no height adjustment, but nonetheless the willingness to come to a deal was there.
    Hiya Macca. Well that’s spurred me on and explained possibly by completely different timing as I’ve only recently tried. I only had my letter to reorder two weeks ago.
    Halliwell Jones, Chester is going to be my first port of call and maybe I’ll have better luck in person. I’m slap bang between them and Halliwell Llandudno which is where my X1 is from. I just need to play it cool as the predicted big rush should be calming soon. Perhaps month end might help in a few weeks. 🤞🤞

#117686 Reply

Matt

I understand your worries Wayne. I felt very apprehensive before visiting my local vw dealership recently. My little girl has respiratory problems and i was VERY worried about passing on any infection. I decided to ring ahead and ask vw what precautions they had put in place. I was talked through how my visit would look from and was reassured to hear all they were doing (taking test drives alone, demonstrators wiped down after every use, hand gel in test car for me to use afterwards, one to one appts with a specific employee to limit contact with others etc). If you feel the need, I would suggest maybe having those conversations before your visits. It is daunting but I’m positive you will be fine, try not to let it overwhelm you and focus on that end goal!

Best of luck, happy motoring! 👍🤞👍

#117689 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Thank you Matt, that’s some really good advice. I always make an appointment if I’m truly interested in a car. Cold calling a dealer always has them on a back foot and booking is the best way to ensure a pleasant visit and allow them time with you.
    I’m definitely going to ask what their precautions are now. 👍👍

It’s been discussed at length tonight 😁 and I’ve been given the go ahead to make appointments. 🚦🥳

I want to look at an xc40 as well as a 3 Series Touring. Heart says BMW but head and wallet says Volvo. The £Grand saving plus elec seats will swing it I think. BMW want £1,900 for elec seats now! I paid £700 for my X1!

Thanks again. 👍👍

#117695 Reply

Dave G

@BionicRusty ,Thank you for the suggestion I most certainly shall do. I mean Marshall’s offer is on until 30th Sep so will definitely be ordering a 3 Series in Aug even if Sytner don’t match. I agree with you, the drive shall most certainly be worth it and if you do consider going do take extra care. It’s frustrating health wise but who wouldn’t want to miss out on such a great offer in these ever unfortunate times in Q3/2020 with price increases! I will keep you posted in what they have to say!

#117696 Reply

Dave G

@zero1 ,No way, I do hope so, in fact, coincidentally, Sytner Coventry is my nearest BMW dealership and I was going to ring them up for an appointment. Thank you for the heads up and suggestion, I appreciate it. So Harvey Sandhu it is then. May I ask how you’re aware of this? Have you ordered or queried about a BMW vehicle from there? It would help alot for me but again if no luck, Marshalls are always there to the rescue.

#117702 Reply

Zero1
    Participant

@DaveG   I ordered a car from him in Q1 and asked if he would match the Marshall BMW offer.

Harvey Sandhu

New Car Sales Executive

Sytner BMW Coventry

t: 02476 600600

e: harveysandhu@sytner.co.uk

w. http://www.sytnercoventrybmw.co.uk

a: 128 Holyhead Road, Coventry, CV5 8NA

#117737 Reply

PillBoy
    Participant

Vinalspin. Volvo told me there was a £500 AP downment before ordering, if I was to say im not comftable paying a ‘deposit’ can they refuse to take the order?

This has arisen before.  Phone Motability and they will contact the dealer concerned.  If they don’t comply, Motability can threaten to revoke their Approved Dealership certification.

#117827 Reply

Dave G

@zero1 ,Thank you mate, since you ordered in Q1 i’m not sure if they’d comply with the 3 Series for Q3 but it should apply to all BMW’s. Will keep you posted what he says. Appreciate it.

#117933 Reply

Declan

I can’t believe the price hike for the AP on the Volkswagen Tiguan R Line Tech diesel. I was looking at it last Sunday and it was £1749 … just checked again and it’s £2899! That’s an £1150 increase!

#117936 Reply

rox
    Participant

I had heard from some you cannot get any from stock anymore so maybe it’s the new refreshed r -line version that’s coming, was video on here the other day.

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/tiguan-facelift-review-on-autogefuhl/

Only a vw dealer could answer that one right now. But if it was the old one it could be less desirable hence the increse in ap.

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 571 total)
Reply To: Q3 pricing and Info July 2020

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: