Motability question? We can answer it.

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo

There are many questions members have about the motability scheme such as :-

Can I extend my lease?

Can I change my car before my contract is up and if so will it cost me anything?

How much is the GCB and will I get it if I have a few scratches?

What happens if I lose PIP?

If you have any questions about motability, then this is the place to come. We have many knowledgeable members only to willing to give advice. Many of our members have been on the scheme for decades and know virtually everything there is to know about the scheme.

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 732 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

I didn’t have to pay a deposit or pay for extras. Dealer said pay for it all when you pick the cat up!

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

crippleddad
        Participant

Pip review now in the 7th month, my car is due to be handed back in 5 months, had it for nearly 5 years, was told by a dealer today in unable to place an order if I’m in the review process.

what a depressing mess

kezo
          Participant

Pip review now in the 7th month, my car is due to be handed back in 5 months, had it for nearly 5 years, was told by a dealer today in unable to place an order if I’m in the review process. what a depressing mess

Speak with Motability.

V8bart
            Participant

Quick question regarding satnav and traffic features on my A3

I have been fortunate enough to get an extension from 3 to 5 years but my car has now lost Google maps, traffic, live features etc and presumably wants to be purchased going forwards.

Would that be up to me to pay for or would motability see it as an original part of the cars features and them pay for it?

Cheers for any advice.

kezo
              Participant

Quick question regarding satnav and traffic features on my A3 I have been fortunate enough to get an extension from 3 to 5 years but my car has now lost Google maps, traffic, live features etc and presumably wants to be purchased going forwards. Would that be up to me to pay for or would motability see it as an original part of the cars features and them pay for it? Cheers for any advice.

I’d run it past Motability see what they can do.

Glos Guy
                Participant

I will be interested to know what Motability say. Our BMW will be 3 years old next month and we may have the same issue (I can’t recall what, if any, time limits there were on features, as we’ve never extended before – never had to!)

Kjid5
                  Participant

@crippledad the dealer is wrong. I was in the same position ( extended because of backlogs) I had one month left when I ordered in February

V8bart
                    Participant

Ok to answer my own question, I have just got off the phone with mobility .

Short answer , nothing to do with them. Totally our responsibility if we want to renew.

kezo
                      Participant

Ok to answer my own question, I have just got off the phone with mobility . Short answer , nothing to do with them. Totally our responsibility if we want to renew.

So much for worry free motoring!

gilders
                        Participant

V8Bart Can you use Android Auto/Apple Car Play?

I know many prefer the ease of using in-built SatNav, especially if you are on pay-as-you-go, or a limited data allowance, but maybe worth trying if you have a decent amount of data on your phone plan.

Tabitha73
                          Participant

I’ve had a lease terminated early due to mechanical failure that can’t be fixed, was due to change in November.

i asked if I would still get GCB and was advised would get a portion…does anyone know if it will be pro-rata or is it done in yearly increments?

Only good news is I am getting all of the DP back for the caput car.

BigDave
                            Participant

I’ve had a lease terminated early due to mechanical failure that can’t be fixed, was due to change in November. i asked if I would still get GCB and was advised would get a portion…does anyone know if it will be pro-rata or is it done in yearly increments? Only good news is I am getting all of the DP back for the caput car.

Ordinarily, for a mechanical termination you would receive a pro-rata (normally £250/x months) refund.

StevieR
                              Participant

I have a Road Tax query which I hope someone can help me with.

I’m a new Motability customer and placed an order for a PHEV a couple of weeks ago (still awaiting delivery from stock).  I own my own car, though this is getting old and at the point where it’s costing more ££ to keep it on the road, hence the attraction of a Motability lease.

I had claimed Road Tax exemption on my own car last month and am aware that the exemption cannot be applied to both vehicles.  My question is that the Motability vehicle has a 1st year Road Tax exemption, presumably due to its low emissions, and as such I’m unsure whether I will now need to tax my existing vehicle before I dispose of it in the coming weeks, likely by private sale?

Thanks

Firecape
                                Participant

I have called motability and they said I can’t  get a home box charger if I don’t have a drive. Is there anyway I can get one? I want to run cable across the pavement but safely with cones and cover. My i4 arrives in a week!

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car

I have called motability and they said I can’t get a home box charger if I don’t have a drive.

motability will not fit a charge point.

kezo
                                    Participant

I have called motability and they said I can’t get a home box charger if I don’t have a drive. Is there anyway I can get one? I want to run cable across the pavement but safely with cones and cover. My i4 arrives in a week!

@Phaedra
                                      had kerbocharge installed, which is basically a channel inserted into the pavement (cost upto £999). Whilst the installation had nothing to do with Motability, it allowed him to have a charger installed. Have a search for Kerbocharge topic on here.

Have your own charger installed and your not limited to Ohme or have a commando socket installed and use D Lines cable cover for on street parking.

https://professional-electrician.com/features/d-lines-cable-cover-solution-for-on-street-ev-charging/

Phaedra
                                      Participant

As above, I had a KerboCharge cable gully fitted by my local council as I have no driveway, only on street parking.  They cut a small channel (about 5cm wide/deep) into the footpath/pavement and fix the plastic trunking into it so it gives a flat surface, cost me £300.

My council told me that trailing a cable over a public footpath or pavement is a no no, not even with cones, flashing lights, a cover and a huge sign saying Look Out! Cable!!.

Quite a few local authorities are implementing the cable gully system, there are a few different types.  It may be worth talking to yours and seeing if they are aware of it.  Or contact KerboCharge, they are very helpful and have done many installations with Ohme.

https://www.kerbocharge.com/

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Gaz
                                        Participant

Hi, I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now and has massively helped me out, but now finally have a question.

I am new to all this and I think I am now going to use my allowance for Motability, most of my questions I’ve found answers to on this forum but something got mentioned to me today and I am wondering if anyone can help please.

When you use your allowance for Motability what happens in the month where you receive a double payment, do you receive the money or do they keep it, thanks in advance.

BigDave
                                          Participant

Hi, I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now and has massively helped me out, but now finally have a question. I am new to all this and I think I am now going to use my allowance for Motability, most of my questions I’ve found answers to on this forum but something got mentioned to me today and I am wondering if anyone can help please. When you use your allowance for Motability what happens in the month where you receive a double payment, do you receive the money or do they keep it, thanks in advance.

The allowances used for the scheme are awarded on a weekly basis ( usually paid 4 weekly), Motability payments are also calculated on a weekly basis (and paid 4-weekly as well). This just rolls on continually during the lease.

So you receive 52/4 = 13 payments per year and you pay Motability 13 payments per year.

Calendar months and how many payments you receive in any calendar month are irrelevant.

In effect every time you get paid your allowance, Motability receive it to pay for the lease.

Gaz
                                            Participant

Oh yeah of course it’s not monthly, quite simple really, thanks for your help all the same, been stressed out with it, it’s not as simple as some people think to pick the correct car, this forum has been a god send though, thanks again.

Mcdon18
                                              Participant

Sorry if this is a daft question. Got first motability car towards the end of May. Just realised we haven’t had a V5C through for it yet. Is this normal, or should we have this?

kezo
                                                Participant

Sorry if this is a daft question. Got first motability car towards the end of May. Just realised we haven’t had a V5C through for it yet. Is this normal, or should we have this?

Its normal you don’t get one however, you can request one in your online account if you wish.

Lemons68
                                                  Participant

I have just ordered my new motability car. I have ordered an automatic after kind of being rushed into making my decision. After much deliberation overnight I have decided I would prefer to stay with manual. Can I request this change with the dealership

Wazza
                                                    Participant

I have just ordered my new motability car. I have ordered an automatic after kind of being rushed into making my decision. After much deliberation overnight I have decided I would prefer to stay with manual. Can I request this change with the dealership

I believe you can. You have to cancel the current contract and start a new contract. You also have to pay the new AP, if any, from this quarter. I don’t think it is as easy as amending the order because not only the AP will differ but also the code that the motability has allocated to this model trim and engine.

Glos Guy
                                                      Participant

As has been said, you have to cancel your order and place a new order at whatever the current AP is. Have you ever driven an automatic? I can promise you that once you’ve had one you will wonder why you didn’t make the change earlier!

Viewing 25 replies - 701 through 725 (of 732 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.