Motability question? We can answer it.

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo

There are many questions members have about the motability scheme such as :-

Can I extend my lease?

Can I change my car before my contract is up and if so will it cost me anything?

How much is the GCB and will I get it if I have a few scratches?

What happens if I lose PIP?

If you have any questions about motability, then this is the place to come. We have many knowledgeable members only to willing to give advice. Many of our members have been on the scheme for decades and know virtually everything there is to know about the scheme.

Viewing 6 replies - 676 through 681 (of 681 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      TheSUVguy
      Participant

Quick question, does anyone know why you can’t drive to Morocco anymore with a motability car. It’s only a 30-45min ferry from Spain. Does anyone know the reason they removed the whole £29 a week while in Morocco and other countries like turkey

BigDave
        Participant

Quick question, does anyone know why you can’t drive to Morocco anymore with a motability car. It’s only a 30-45min ferry from Spain. Does anyone know the reason they removed the whole £29 a week while in Morocco and other countries like turkey

It may be because when the UK was part of the EU, those countries formed a frontier with the EU and thus covered by a so called ‘Frontier Insurance’  third party liability bolt on. It was useful for EU residents living near the frontier (and EU tourists visiting the area) to temporarily pop over the border.

Since Brexit, those countries no longer form a frontier with the UK (as the UK is no longer in the EU), so Frontier Insurance is no longer a thing in the UK.

Brexit – the gift that keeps giving!

Batfastard
          Participant

Hi. If you are Four years into a Five year agreement, which was originally a Three year but got extended, would you be able to return the car before the Five years is up?

Jojoe
            Participant

If you extend the lease beyond 3 years, you can cancel at anytime after the original 3 years is up.  We extended and saw a car we like after 4 years and 2 months, we signed a new deal and didn’t need to see out the 5 year extension.

crippleddad
              Participant

I’ve got a 69 plate Motability car, how long have I had it for? I can’t work it out. Is it 5 years now? I can’t get hold of Dwp to ask for confirmation of my allowance to choose a replacement car they literally dont answer the phone, they have my pip review form for nearly 6 months now. I think I’ll just hand my car back and leave the scheme.

what a mess

Batfastard
                Participant

If you extend the lease beyond 3 years, you can cancel at anytime after the original 3 years is up. We extended and saw a car we like after 4 years and 2 months, we signed a new deal and didn’t need to see out the 5 year extension.

Thanks bud

Viewing 6 replies - 676 through 681 (of 681 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.