XC40 ordered. Inscription Pro B4P

• This topic has 252 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Macca.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #118213 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well I’ve gone and done it!

Spent some time at the dealers yesterday and after some thought and discussion with Mrs Bionic, we’ve only gone and done it.

Dealership – Chester Rybrook.
    One way system for Covid19 and it worked fine. One foot in, one door out.
    We weren’t offered a drink of any kind which I thought was a bit poor but we put it down to the virus. On previous visits to other dealers, the Dealer Principal made a point of speaking to us and showed an interest. Here he or she was not visible. Not overly important,  it was just something I noticed.
    The sales guy was really pleasant and sorted out a viewing of an R Design and an Inscription Pro and sorting insurance to test drive was fast.

Test Drive. Inscription Pro. D4 AWD.
    First port of call for me was how easy it was for me to get in the seat. I noticed that the door covers much of the sill and this will help with reducing having dirty clothes. The distance from the sill to the seat pad is slight larger than the BMW X1 I have now but not ridiculously so. So it got a ✅

In pictures, the seat pad looks quite long and I had a fear that it would not be suitable. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and the pad is under the limit for me. The seat itself is supportive, fairly easy for me to get in on the leather, very comfortable and after 20 minutes, I felt like I could drive further. In any car, about 30 mins is as much as I can take before a break is needed. This awarded it a ✅
    Another fear I had was that the infotainment screen would be too far away for me but again I was pleasantly surprised. So another ✅
    The cabin feels really airy and I was very impressed with the tech.

It wouldn’t be fair to comment on the D4 engine in AWD really as it’s not available to us but I have to say it was amazing and traction was awesome in the pouring rain. The car just hunkers down and goes. I know the FWD will be different but I no boy racer.  The ride was a real step up in comfort from my X1 and soaked up the bumps and pot holes. Compared to the Beemer, it was like being on air suspension. And the turning circle was amazing as well. A definite ✅ for the test drive.

Briefly, negatives for me, and these are purely personal:

– No paddle shifters in the Inscription Pro.
    – I’m disappointed the car isn’t full LED. The rear indicators brake lights and rear fogs are 1800’s bulbs. It spoils the look imo and aren’t as bright as LED. Given Volvo’s reputation for safety………..?!
    – I’d like to be able to use the central screen with a control knob. I have a real dislike of fingerprinted screens.
    – I truly wanted the AWD but the AP is just too much and even without the Pro pack.

The negatives are few though and I’m not going to end on one. I could go on and on about what I love about it but I’ll summarise by saying we liked it enough to place an order for a Glacier Silver with red oxide leather. The Glacier is amazing. In pics, sometimes it looks white, sometimes grey, sometimes blue. In the metal, it’s exactly the same. It just pops in different light and distance to the car, even in the rain! Another ✅

No discount offered so, at first, we thanked the sales guy and went to leave. He asked us to wait and went off ‘to talk to da management’ and came back and said he’d split the cost of the rear tints. You get a feel if that’s it and it felt like it was so we accepted. He did say a deposit was needed and when he said £1,000, I nearly laughed at him. BMW didn’t ask for anything on my X1, even with £2,500 of options. The XC40 has no options other than the tints! That said, I wasn’t bothered either way so paid up.
    – Delivery said to be late Sept.
    – Volvo do not have an order tracker.

I was absolutely shattered by the time we got home. Had a little snack and was tucked into bed with a banging head and incredibly sore. But happy.

I am now in the initiation steps of joining the ‘Naughty 40’s’.
    XC40’s that is. 😁

Job done. Last tick ✅

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by BionicRusty.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #122140 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I had a bit of a shock earlier.
    I realised that I’m down to six weeks away from the planned (🤔) pick-up of my car.
    When I realised that time was moving so fast, I have to admit, I was a little sad that I’ll soon be handing back my X1. That proves to me how good a car it’s been.
    I made a huge mistake last week and brimmed the fuel tank. With no hospital visits over the next few weeks, I’m going to have a good excuse reason to drive it so as not to hand it back with lots of fuel in the tank. 😁

#122151 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Play the fuel economy game (in reverse), see how low you can get your average b4 you send it back!

I built a modified mini years ago and fitted a fuel meter from a T5, managed to get it down to 6.3mpg at one point 😁

#122173 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

@Vinalspin Sounds like a plan. 👍

6.3mpg?! In a Mini?! Wow 😮

#122181 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Big block swap, KAD 16v head, 2 x twin Webbers, Jack Knight S/C C/R 5 speed box, forced induction kit, ally tank, full cage inc F/R suspension pick ups, coil overs, 4 into 1 manifold into 3″ pipe into 4″ performance box out to twin 4″ exit, etc etc etc.

Lots of time and money, sounded like a V8 & went like a rocket! 👍😁

#123618 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well, after some chasing, it seems mine is due for end of October but could slip, which of course is code for November.
    So that means Macca will be in his a month plus before me even though I ordered earlier.
    So, the takeaway from this is, if you’re thinking of an XC40 and it’s a choice between Macca’s choice of Holdcroft or Rybrook, go with Holdcroft. They’re better on every aspect.
    – Better service (updates given)

– Faster delivery

– More likely to offer a deal.

My own fault. I knew this would happen but thought I’d try one last time.

Sadly the up turned nose ‘service’ of Cheshire dealers strikes again.
    Damn those onyx tabled soccer players 😂

#123620 Reply
    Macca

Wasn’t there an issue with Inscription wheels that was causing a delay, rings a bell that.

#123668 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Oh not sure @Macca. I’ve not heard that.
    With all that’s happened with the virus cases increasing, I wouldn’t be surprised if things get a little worse now.
    Fingers crossed it’s under control again ASAP and everyone here’s safe. 🤞

#123674 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

If you go on to the XC40 configuration page and select the subscription option it tells you the estimated month of delivery. The R Design is November, the Inscription December. When I ordered I was really undecided as to which model I was going to commit to so I asked the dealer if the model choice had any bearing and he said no, it didn’t matter. Who knows? For me there’s a vested interest in getting the car as soon as because I have a trade in to consider, that said the dealer has guaranteed the price as the one quoted on the day of order so I imagine they don’t think it’ll be significantly delayed.

#123681 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Good spot there @Bowly101. I’ve not tried that side of the configurator before. Thank you.
    When I ordered, the salesman said September. However, he also said he’d contact me in a few days but in reality, that’s the last I heard of him. I only contacted him to arrange the pick up date as it’s so close now. Oh how funny are these guys! It’s why I always say, if you find a dealer who provides info, then cling on to them. In my 35+ years of buying cars, I’ve never found one.
    In fact, it’s on my bucket list, along with walk on the moon and run in a marathon. They won’t happen either. 🤣😂

#123702 Reply
    Brydo

Called my local Volvo dealer and booked a test drive for the end of the month. Dealer said anything ordered now will be delivered in the new year. That suits me fine as that should mean we receive the full £900 GCB, result.

#123709 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Well hello old friend @Brydo where have you been of late? Have been missing you. Hope all is well with you and Mrs B

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#123710 Reply
    Matthew

So is it £900 for returning your car in good condition? .or is it £600 ?

#123711 Reply
    HeresJohnny

£900 is the GCB for 5 years, I believe

#123714 Reply
    marTINO

brydo I am getting a extended 3 day test drive in the xc40 at the end of the month. you can book it on Volvo website its called test drive plus.

#123716 Reply
    Brydo

Thanks @Joss I’ve been really busy at home, new central heating gutting the kitchen and dining room and just about to put in  a new kitchen. Been plastering removing gyproc tiles and laminate flooring.

The forum is doing the great job it was set up to do with lots of motability/ disability questions and answers but the topics are not my forte so I don’t have any relevant info to add so I have sort of got out of the way of visiting the forum which is sad as I loved my time on the forum over the last two and a half years.

Hope you are keeping well Joss 👍

#123717 Reply
    Brydo

Martino I will look into that, thanks for the info 👍

#123718 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Brydo I’ve missed you welcome back

#123721 Reply
    Matthew

Oh right ok cheers

#123723 Reply
    Brydo

Cheers Mike 👍

#123724 Reply
    Brydo

Mathew I am your stereotypical tight Scotsman and I’ve been holding out for the full five year GCB of £900. It looks like I’ve managed to get it so will be looking after the car for the next three months to ensure it’s in good condition 😂.

#123751 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well hello there Brydo. 👋
    I very nearly started a post with the title ‘Where’s Brydo’ 😂

Sounds like you’re a very busy bunny. It’s making me kinda jealous tbh. When you’re finished there, I’ve a few jobs you can do! Complimentary builders tea and bacon butties of course.
    Hope you’re both ok and take care both.
    🤜🤛

#123754 Reply
    Brydo

Wayne it’s a pain in the ass to be honest. I’m just about to sand down some high points on a wall then get a coat of paint on and it’s onto fitting the units.
    I’m in no rush (don’t tell the wife that lol) but will be finished in a couple of days.

Then I have 54 square metres of laminate to go down together with skirting board and door architrave, I can feel a sore back coming on.

The good thing is that I can buy all the toys to go with the work. So got a guillotine (let them eat cake lol) a Brad gun to pin the skirting etc and various saws and other small tools 🧰.

Talk about boys toys lol.

#123756 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

😁Has to be done Brydo. Us boys ‘n’ toys eh?

I’ve a workshop brimmed with toys, I mean necessary tools, as well but all going to waste nowadays. And the worst of it is, I keep buying the damn things. 😂🤣

I hope it’s all going well and good luck but don’t forget us all here. 👍 😁

#123772 Reply
    joss
    Participant

@Brydo

Hummm forum ate my post again @wmcforum

I did reply to you Brydo but the forum seems to be eating my posts.  We do so miss you on here and the banter we have. It’s good that you have turned into bob the builder hahaha. Photos of you handy work please.

In the mean time stay save my friend.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#123743 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Thanks @Joss I’ve been really busy at home, new central heating gutting the kitchen and dining room and just about to put in a new kitchen. Been plastering removing gyproc tiles and laminate flooring. The forum is doing the great job it was set up to do with lots of motability/ disability questions and answers but the topics are not my forte so I don’t have any relevant info to add so I have sort of got out of the way of visiting the forum which is sad as I loved my time on the forum over the last two and a half years. Hope you are keeping well Joss 👍

Wow you have been busy Brydo. Must be something in the air! Post us some picture of your handy work Brydo. Please don’t be a stranger, we love and miss your banter on here. Stay safe my friend.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 252 total)
Reply To: XC40 ordered. Inscription Pro B4P
Your information: