XC40 ordered. Inscription Pro B4P

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118213 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well I’ve gone and done it!

Spent some time at the dealers yesterday and after some thought and discussion with Mrs Bionic, we’ve only gone and done it.

Dealership – Chester Rybrook.
    One way system for Covid19 and it worked fine. One foot in, one door out.
    We weren’t offered a drink of any kind which I thought was a bit poor but we put it down to the virus. On previous visits to other dealers, the Dealer Principal made a point of speaking to us and showed an interest. Here he or she was not visible. Not overly important,  it was just something I noticed.
    The sales guy was really pleasant and sorted out a viewing of an R Design and an Inscription Pro and sorting insurance to test drive was fast.

Test Drive. Inscription Pro. D4 AWD.
    First port of call for me was how easy it was for me to get in the seat. I noticed that the door covers much of the sill and this will help with reducing having dirty clothes. The distance from the sill to the seat pad is slight larger than the BMW X1 I have now but not ridiculously so. So it got a ✅

In pictures, the seat pad looks quite long and I had a fear that it would not be suitable. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and the pad is under the limit for me. The seat itself is supportive, fairly easy for me to get in on the leather, very comfortable and after 20 minutes, I felt like I could drive further. In any car, about 30 mins is as much as I can take before a break is needed. This awarded it a ✅
    Another fear I had was that the infotainment screen would be too far away for me but again I was pleasantly surprised. So another ✅
    The cabin feels really airy and I was very impressed with the tech.

It wouldn’t be fair to comment on the D4 engine in AWD really as it’s not available to us but I have to say it was amazing and traction was awesome in the pouring rain. The car just hunkers down and goes. I know the FWD will be different but I no boy racer.  The ride was a real step up in comfort from my X1 and soaked up the bumps and pot holes. Compared to the Beemer, it was like being on air suspension. And the turning circle was amazing as well. A definite ✅ for the test drive.

Briefly, negatives for me, and these are purely personal:

– No paddle shifters in the Inscription Pro.
    – I’m disappointed the car isn’t full LED. The rear indicators brake lights and rear fogs are 1800’s bulbs. It spoils the look imo and aren’t as bright as LED. Given Volvo’s reputation for safety………..?!
    – I’d like to be able to use the central screen with a control knob. I have a real dislike of fingerprinted screens.
    – I truly wanted the AWD but the AP is just too much and even without the Pro pack.

The negatives are few though and I’m not going to end on one. I could go on and on about what I love about it but I’ll summarise by saying we liked it enough to place an order for a Glacier Silver with red oxide leather. The Glacier is amazing. In pics, sometimes it looks white, sometimes grey, sometimes blue. In the metal, it’s exactly the same. It just pops in different light and distance to the car, even in the rain! Another ✅

No discount offered so, at first, we thanked the sales guy and went to leave. He asked us to wait and went off ‘to talk to da management’ and came back and said he’d split the cost of the rear tints. You get a feel if that’s it and it felt like it was so we accepted. He did say a deposit was needed and when he said £1,000, I nearly laughed at him. BMW didn’t ask for anything on my X1, even with £2,500 of options. The XC40 has no options other than the tints! That said, I wasn’t bothered either way so paid up.
    – Delivery said to be late Sept.
    – Volvo do not have an order tracker.

I was absolutely shattered by the time we got home. Had a little snack and was tucked into bed with a banging head and incredibly sore. But happy.

I am now in the initiation steps of joining the ‘Naughty 40’s’.
    XC40’s that is. 😁

Job done. Last tick ✅

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by BionicRusty.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126766 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Oh dear, Oh dear.
    Supposed to pick her up tomorrow but it’s the end of the day now and not a dicky boo.
    😐

So that’ll be a no then.

I’m having to put £5 of diesel in at a time now because I don’t want to leave it with gallons in it. Been caught out on that one before. 😐

Ah well. ☹️

#126785 Reply
    Azzy

Wouldn’t you just call them up and ask? £5 per time fuel is a faff.

#126786 Reply
    ajn

@ BionicRusty dealer stated to me after asking for the £250 discount offered by some dealers, that Volvo get delivered to them with £20 fuel standard

My Wife and I asked for a full tank of fuel, Volvo umbrella, T shirt, cap but no just the discount posted on here.

However it was only when  I got home and emailed the £250 discount order by 30 Sept 2020 it was awarded,  just as two other members with Volvo dealers within a 40 mile radius of me.
    Seems to me a few porky’s confrontations these dealers..

#126787 Reply
    ajn

meant to be Porky’s told by these dealers*

#126799 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Azzy, yeah, I could and I probably will today.
    It’s just something I’ve tried again to gauge how useless and lazy dealerships are. That being, to see how many of the promised updates I’d receive. That number being zero!
    And I don’t for one minute think it’s related to Motability. It isn’t.

The £5 a time isn’t that bad tbh. At the moment, I’m not very mobile and I’m trying to build up some energy to be able to pick up the car and enjoy the day. This is something else that the dealers don’t appreciate.

ajn, absolutely they BS us. I’ve been promised a full tank, it’s on the paperwork,  and I won’t leave without it. 🤣😂

Ah well, here’s to another day.

#126818 Reply
    ajn

@BionicRusty ..

I’ve adjusted your order to reflect the additional £250 discount, so, after the initial £250 you paid, your balance is now £1699.

I hope this helps. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Also…

I’ve just checked with the factory in Belgium and the current date range for delivery into us is 21/11/20 – 05/12/20. This may come forward slightly depending on Covid thing.

All the best.

Kind regards,

#126830 Reply
    ajn

That’s the only updates I’ve received

#126854 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

So that’s the same then. Only replied because you asked a question.
    Poor isn’t it?

#127296 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

**UPDATE**

Still not heard anything. 😐

I am conducting a laboratory  trial to see how effective my non-sales assistant is.
    The scores on the doors to date have him at 100% of uselessness. That’s pretty impressive. 👏👏👏👏

#127303 Reply
    Azzy

They will regret it when it’s time to leave feedback as most beg for good feedback to be left

#127305 Reply
    ajn

Complacency is a terrible thing, and then when cuts are made the worst workers shout the loudest..

I find soon as a cheap Suit/shirt tie is worn the smug complacency appears…

#127306 Reply
    ajn

Apologies a bit of frustration sneaking in there, it’s just when ordering it was said worst case scenario was end Oct early Nov.

Then after me enquiring became end of Nov early Dec, and that’s no guarantee I guess.

Frustrating because all the hospital appointments coming through no transport.

Advised not to use public transport.

#127324 Reply
    rox
    Participant

No news is bad news as far as car sales people are concerned, not knowing is the worst, i was due to pickup the current car back in april, but it was june coz of lockdown and then even when they opened again there was an issue. Which caused more delay and the dealer was great but even they did not know when it could handed over ( at that point they’d had the car for almost 5 months at the dealers) and you living with a car day to day that might be gone tommorrow and that then needed a service as Mb don’t do the 3rd years service if i did any more miles in it. so had to call mb get it all sorted and even they was stuck.

but i never been in the situation or had it happen where you told the x date another month or more etc usually 3 months after ordering it’s there and look is strange times but in that vein it’s an easy excuse for any company. top get you to commit to something they know will not be there on time and give you the run around.

if you got a car on the scheme that’s no biggie, just a hassle and very dissapointing but if you ain’t then thats a bigger issue. Was along time ago i got my 1st car on the scheme and i forget how long it was till the car arrived( a few weeks,  i think) although it was made in sunderland, So did not have to travel far.

#127327 Reply
    ajn

@rox 1st time around for me rox so a bit green when the date was given, that what I expected hopefully next time around won’t be so annoying..

#127495 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Well, it’s time to have a break from cars and put it to the back of my mind.

I relented on calling yesterday as the car should have been in last week on its fourth delivery. I rang and finally got to speak to the sales assistant. It’s now due, possibly in November, possibly December and I guess, possibly next year.
    When asked what the hell was going on, he said, “This is why I don’t like to give due dates.”
    WTF

So having a break from cars BUT going to look at another X1 after the 2 week lockdown here in Wales.

I’ve sent it all to Volvo who are claiming all over Facebook that;

“No matter what people say, we will always put people first”

I’ve politely explained that they don’t and that their dealers are an embarrassment to the brand.

#127496 Reply
    Macca

Not all of them Wayne, thankfully.

#127497 Reply
    Simon

Totally disagree with you. I couldn’t praise my local Volvo dealer enough.

#127498 Reply
    ajn

@BionicRusty am I right in thinking you got a Volvo on order as I have too, dates being moved, same here.
    However you can still go test driving other cars and enquiring with when one could be delivered.

Im feeling a bit locked into this and not happy with my date time being moved when stated a worst case scenario is soon to pass.
    After all it’s still a lot of money we’re parting with.

#127685 Reply
    Anth
    Participant

I am doing a test drive for the new tiguan elegance model if that fails however my next stop is volvo. What i will do is after the test drive is ask my friend at volvo to check the systems and order status he is in my opinion the best and fastest guy to get them in the UK and hopefully i can get a definitive answer from him for you.

#127686 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

It’s starting to become a trend isn’t it Wayne. I really do feel your frustration and patience. Mine has just left the plant and I hope I don’t get the same experience. You having any regrets on not going for the Touring maybe?

On the other hand, I was made to wait 2 and a half hours for a bloody MOT! Was advised will only take an hour, then the half an hour’s added on aaannd then I gave up. Seems like communication is something never heard of with these dealerships. Very money orientated. I put a massive complaint to Motability, who in the end got me a taxi home. Thank you Motability.

#127704 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

I see Volvo have had their mid year price rise, gone up by about £450 on the website, so I suppose they might take them off Motability so they can “adjust” the AP!

#128052 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

Just had my (only) update from the dealer that wasn’t initiated by me. My car is in the UK and handover is due for Friday. I won’t labour the point as so many on here are patiently waiting, but I guess it shows the system is moving at least. My fingers are crossed for all of you still waiting. 🙂

#128063 Reply
    Macca

Glad you’re nearly there Bowly, you’ll not be disappointed, believe me.

#128064 Reply
    ajn

@Bowly101

excellent news Bowly101, can’t remember the spec & colour you went for, was it R design grey/black

#128098 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

Thanks Macca, I’m sure it’ll be a fine motor!

Thanks ajn, so many different configurations we went through, I’m sure I’ve forgotten now! 😆 It’s an R Design Pro in Fusion Red (the same spec as Macca in fact). We ended up not liking the blue tinge to the grey, and I wasn’t allowed red seats so that put the Inscription to bed. TBH I think Volvo could do with expanding their colour choice a bit, but I do like the red.

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 236 total)
Reply To: XC40 ordered. Inscription Pro B4P
Your information: