XC40 ordered. Inscription Pro B4P

• This topic has 200 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by joss.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #118213 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Well I’ve gone and done it!

Spent some time at the dealers yesterday and after some thought and discussion with Mrs Bionic, we’ve only gone and done it.

Dealership – Chester Rybrook.
    One way system for Covid19 and it worked fine. One foot in, one door out.
    We weren’t offered a drink of any kind which I thought was a bit poor but we put it down to the virus. On previous visits to other dealers, the Dealer Principal made a point of speaking to us and showed an interest. Here he or she was not visible. Not overly important,  it was just something I noticed.
    The sales guy was really pleasant and sorted out a viewing of an R Design and an Inscription Pro and sorting insurance to test drive was fast.

Test Drive. Inscription Pro. D4 AWD.
    First port of call for me was how easy it was for me to get in the seat. I noticed that the door covers much of the sill and this will help with reducing having dirty clothes. The distance from the sill to the seat pad is slight larger than the BMW X1 I have now but not ridiculously so. So it got a ✅

In pictures, the seat pad looks quite long and I had a fear that it would not be suitable. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and the pad is under the limit for me. The seat itself is supportive, fairly easy for me to get in on the leather, very comfortable and after 20 minutes, I felt like I could drive further. In any car, about 30 mins is as much as I can take before a break is needed. This awarded it a ✅
    Another fear I had was that the infotainment screen would be too far away for me but again I was pleasantly surprised. So another ✅
    The cabin feels really airy and I was very impressed with the tech.

It wouldn’t be fair to comment on the D4 engine in AWD really as it’s not available to us but I have to say it was amazing and traction was awesome in the pouring rain. The car just hunkers down and goes. I know the FWD will be different but I no boy racer.  The ride was a real step up in comfort from my X1 and soaked up the bumps and pot holes. Compared to the Beemer, it was like being on air suspension. And the turning circle was amazing as well. A definite ✅ for the test drive.

Briefly, negatives for me, and these are purely personal:

– No paddle shifters in the Inscription Pro.
    – I’m disappointed the car isn’t full LED. The rear indicators brake lights and rear fogs are 1800’s bulbs. It spoils the look imo and aren’t as bright as LED. Given Volvo’s reputation for safety………..?!
    – I’d like to be able to use the central screen with a control knob. I have a real dislike of fingerprinted screens.
    – I truly wanted the AWD but the AP is just too much and even without the Pro pack.

The negatives are few though and I’m not going to end on one. I could go on and on about what I love about it but I’ll summarise by saying we liked it enough to place an order for a Glacier Silver with red oxide leather. The Glacier is amazing. In pics, sometimes it looks white, sometimes grey, sometimes blue. In the metal, it’s exactly the same. It just pops in different light and distance to the car, even in the rain! Another ✅

No discount offered so, at first, we thanked the sales guy and went to leave. He asked us to wait and went off ‘to talk to da management’ and came back and said he’d split the cost of the rear tints. You get a feel if that’s it and it felt like it was so we accepted. He did say a deposit was needed and when he said £1,000, I nearly laughed at him. BMW didn’t ask for anything on my X1, even with £2,500 of options. The XC40 has no options other than the tints! That said, I wasn’t bothered either way so paid up.
    – Delivery said to be late Sept.
    – Volvo do not have an order tracker.

I was absolutely shattered by the time we got home. Had a little snack and was tucked into bed with a banging head and incredibly sore. But happy.

I am now in the initiation steps of joining the ‘Naughty 40’s’.
    XC40’s that is. 😁

Job done. Last tick ✅

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #120929 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

I think it’s the T3 engine that’s gone today. Wonder if they’re doing the mild hybrid thing with that engine too? They took the T4 off to make it B4, so I reckon a B3 is coming. Wish they’d left that T4 on as dealers have plenty of them still, and they have the ‘old’ spec which has the fancy bits they’ve now removed. Shame.

#120931 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

So is there a verdict now? Is is a yay or nay or yaynay?

There certainly is Wayne, see the separate thread on it 😉

#120935 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

@BionicRusty<u></u> did notice that today, but I’m sure it will still be there 🤞

#120947 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Ah right. 👍👍

#121334 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I’ve just read the following regarding the one key thing.
    A dealer has contacted a buyer with the following in response to the complaint of only one key being supplied along with a limited function service key (called a ’Care Key’).

<b>”On further investigation, it appears the orange Care Key is not programmable. This is how all new cars will now be supplied with one programmable key and one Care Key.</b>

<b>To recognise and respond to customers concerns, Volvo have reduced the price of remote key fobs to £75 (including VAT and labour). Please note this key will not include the emergency key blade.”</b>

This may not be an issue to some and I thought the same at one point as I thought that a driver setting could be activated once in the car. However, this isn’t the case. If the Care Key is used, no driver settings can be accessed.

I’ve had a couple of cars (different marques) with a servicing function and this was a simple bit of software within the infotainment system. Why Volvo have decided to make this function a key is a bizarre move!

#121361 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Not bizarre at all, it’s a way of charging stupid money for a 2nd key unless you go with the “No KEY Fob” for the £75 (which we all have lying around as loose change, not), after all, this is the Manufacturer that decided to charge for metallic paint that is free on every other car on the scheme.

Doesn’t surprise me really.

#121362 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Our friends were looking to lease a Volvo until they started to discuss all the option, surely these are standard on modern high specification cars? they walked off and leased the top of range Hyundai Sante Fe with all the extras as standard saving a fortune.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#121653 Reply
    Karen Stewart

Dithered too much re the XC40 1.5 T3 Geartronic only to be told yesterday that Volvo have just removed it from the Motability scheme. I’d already guessed it would be popular so am kicking myself & will have to go for the 2.0 B4P Inscription auto. My local Motability advisor says he can’t keep up with demand right now so my appointment is in 3 weeks! Have had my eye on the XC40 for some time, praying it would be included in Motability so am excited. Will be bidding a fond farewell to my Peugeot 3008 SUV 1.6 GT line which has been brilliant but AP still massive.

#121655 Reply
    Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>So what colour and interior options you favouring then Karen?</p>

#121704 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Just ordered a Glacier Silver with Oxide Red Leather.  Very happy with the test drive and the staff.

#121705 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Bravo Pillboy 👍

#121707 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@PillBoy, that’s a snap then. Great choice. 👏👏👏👏

#121711 Reply
    Karen Stewart

Think it’ll have to be Black Stone paintwork to avoid paying any more. Liking the look of  charcoal interior.

#121713 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Metallic is included again now

#122025 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@SpeedyJames, here’s the thread. 👍👍

#122027 Reply
    JS

Think it’ll have to be Black Stone paintwork to avoid paying any more. Liking the look of charcoal interior.

as Macca states Standard Metallic is now included again, dont be fobbed off by inapt staff

#122034 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

**Moderators- Help please**
    I’ve just added a post here but it’s not showing. The main forum page says it’s there but when I click, it’s missing. Also if I try to add it again, I get an error msg saying it’s a duplication.
    Any chance of fixing for me?

The post has two YouTube links in it.
    Thank you.

#122035 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Wayne

I think there’s been a problem on this site as have a first look here today the latest post was over 10 hours old but thought maybe everyone was up late last night watching the snooker. 😊

#122036 Reply
    joss
    Participant

WMC has been working on the forum over the last few days due to an issue with not being able to post images.

BionicRusty  if you want help then use the @ function followed by name so in this case it would be @wmc this will let him know. Alternatively PM

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by joss.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#122037 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

😂🤣

Thanks Chris.

I’ve noticed a post that has a few people posting but the main page says it has zero ‘Voices’ which is the amount of users who’ve posted! Something’s definitely awry!

#122031 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

The following videos show what I’ve been talking about regarding the Glacier Silver paint.
    The first looks bluey-grey
    The second looks almost pearl white (some charge a fortune for this effect)

Of course this is due to the lighting at the time of filming but of the cars I’ve seen in the metal, you actually get the same effect. It’s an amazing paint. When I was ordering mine, I was talking to the sales guy about “…..the white one over there….” and I was corrected being told it was Glacier. And it was. It truly looked white. And when we were leaving I checked on it again. It had gone a little cloudy and the colour had a bluey-grey appearance. I love it.

#122057 Reply
    JS

@bionicrusty

Wayne it was awaiting approval, due to videos sorry I didn’t notice it as that security measure has only appeared since the changes. It should be showing now.

#122058 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Brilliant @JS. Thank you.
    Does that mean added links need approvals before they are posted?

Good to know for future reference. 👍👍

#122060 Reply
    JS

Most links should be fine, our spam filter must of just decided to seek Approval

#122066 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Thank you.
    When life gives you spam, make fritters. 😂🤣

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 200 total)
Reply To: XC40 ordered. Inscription Pro B4P
Your information: