Motability question? We can answer it.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173917 Reply
    Brydo

There are many questions members have about the motability scheme such as :-

Can I extend my lease?

Can I change my car before my contract is up and if so will it cost me anything?

How much is the GCB and will I get it if I have a few scratches?

What happens if I lose PIP?

If you have any questions about motability, then this is the place to come. We have many knowledgeable members only to willing to give advice. Many of our members have been on the scheme for decades and know virtually everything there is to know about the scheme.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #180025 Reply
    Thomas

Good Condition bonus.

I understand that in considered cases and in respect of Covid th bonus can be claimed early.

This brings two issues to mind:

1. If the GCB is advanced early and the car is later returned in a very poor state what happens?

2. While delivery dates are extended into the future, that period between 36 months and eventual end of extended lease could result in damage which could result in the GCB not being awarded. Despite the fact that at the original agreement date it was in condition suitable for the award. Might it be wise to pre-empt the possibility of damage and claim early.

Meanwhile I’d like to thank and comment on the insurance refunds. Thanks for recognising the lower mileage. This brings me to the sell-on price of the returned vehicle. Previously I have covered about 12k/36k three years. Currently, after 41 months ( chip shortage delay) I am at just under 20k. So about 1000/month before; 500/month now. This will make it significantly more valuable at auction particularly with second hand cars selling at a premium ( note number of irritating adverts on TV featuring man with very white alternative to teeth).

There you go.

Food for thought perhaps. Can’t sleep, hence lateness of message. Take care everyone.

#180028 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Good Condition bonus. I understand that in considered cases and in respect of Covid th bonus can be claimed early. This brings two issues to mind: 1. If the GCB is advanced early and the car is later returned in a very poor state what happens? 2. While delivery dates are extended into the future, that period between 36 months and eventual end of extended lease could result in damage which could result in the GCB not being awarded. Despite the fact that at the original agreement date it was in condition suitable for the award. Might it be wise to pre-empt the possibility of damage and claim early. Meanwhile I’d like to thank and comment on the insurance refunds. Thanks for recognising the lower mileage. This brings me to the sell-on price of the returned vehicle. Previously I have covered about 12k/36k three years. Currently, after 41 months ( chip shortage delay) I am at just under 20k. So about 1000/month before; 500/month now. This will make it significantly more valuable at auction particularly with second hand cars selling at a premium ( note number of irritating adverts on TV featuring man with very white alternative to teeth). There you go. Food for thought perhaps. Can’t sleep, hence lateness of message. Take care everyone.

The early claiming of the GCB  before the contract end on Covid/hardship grounds ceased on 1st August 2021:

Are you still offering help to customers in temporary financial need owing to the COVID-19 situation?

Until 31 July 2021, Motability Scheme customers leasing a car or WAV and experiencing temporary and exceptional financial need in relation to COVID-19 were able to access an advance of the £600 Good Condition Bonus (GCB) usually paid at the end of a lease. Customers who lease a scooter or powered wheelchair were also able to access their £100 End of Contract Bonus in the same way. However, both of these options have now ended and from 1 August 2021, the GCB or End of Contract Bonus will only be paid at the end of the lease.

Please note, if you requested an early payment of your £600 GCB, or £100 End of Contract Bonus if you lease a scooter or powered wheelchair, you will not receive this payment again at the end of your lease.

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/updates-from-the-motability-scheme-regarding-covid-19-coronavirus/

So, unless you had claimed it prior to the aforementioned date, it is no longer an issue to keep you awake at night.

#180043 Reply
    Thomas

Thank you for pointing out that the temporary scheme was ended.

For clarification….cars and their condition have never caused me sleeplessness.

#180055 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

How does the GCB work if you are in an extended lease? I will be getting my new lease vehicle hopefully this month and would have had my existing lease just under 5yrs. I received the £600 automatically around the 3yr period.

A little rant, why does mb not supply carpet mats with new vehicles. Surely its in their interest to do so when they come to sell the vehicle on.

#180057 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

How does the GCB work if you are in an extended lease? I will be getting my new lease vehicle hopefully this month and would have had my existing lease just under 5yrs. I received the £600 automatically around the 3yr period. A little rant, why does mb not supply carpet mats with new vehicles. Surely its in their interest to do so when they come to sell the vehicle on.

The GCB goes up to £900 for a full 5 years (three-year lease plus two years extension). I think it was £700 for a fully completed 4 years:

https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/car/good-condition-bonus/

As for car mats, unless they come as part of the trim level spec, even private outright purchasers, lease and fleet customers must purchase them separately if they want them (unless one can twist the dealer’s arm to include them at their cost -which comes off their bottom line). So, it is not just a Motability ‘thing’.

When I bought my LR Discovery last year, although it came with heavy duty rubber mats fitted, if I wanted the official carpet ones, it was an extra £230 on top (albeit they eventually split the cost 50/50 on the mats plus a couple more accessories).

If the dealer won’t play on the official manufacturer’s OEM mats, buy cheaper ‘pattern part’ ones for the vehicle from Halfords/Amazon etc.

#180067 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Thanks BigDave

#180097 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I bought a set of “Pattern” mats for 30 quid and took them into a local dealer where my mate is parts manager and we compared them to the factory ones (double the cost), looked identical and as we both agreed the aftermarket mats seemed a little better quality, you don’t always get what you pay for especially when it comes to car manufacturers.

#180100 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Problem I’ve found with mats, since taking delivery of my KIA Carens three and a half years ago, is if its an unpopular model such as the Carens finding mats that fit properly is almost non-existent and OEM are very very expensive and has lead me not to bother with my Carens and now have a hole in the OEM carpets between the brake and accelerator pedals where my foot pivots.

With the VAG cars I’ve had being popular very good Amazon and E-Bay mats are very cheap and I’ve always gone for them.

One good thing is my next cars comes with OEM mats unless they drop them from the specs because they can’t get the chips for them. 😊

#180117 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I have ordered the new Tuscon and ideally would like all weather mats as I live near the coast in S Wales, which would make it easier to brush off the sand after a walk along the beach. Problem is the dealer wants £86 which is a ridiculous amount in my opinion.  I have also seen a genuine set on ebay for £65 which again is not cheap. As others have said I can get aftermarket carpeted ones for around £20 which in all fairness I can see me getting at least in the interim until the aftermarket catches up, then look to purchase a set of rubber mats.

#180986 Reply
    Steve

Can anyone help? I am looking for Q3 2021 AP for the Peugeot 3008 GT Premium.

#180987 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Can anyone help? I am looking for Q3 2021 AP for the Peugeot 3008 GT Premium.

The Peugeot Motability Q3 2021 price list is available here:

https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/docstore/peugeot-motability-price-guide-q3-2021.pdf

#180988 Reply
    Steve

Thanks BigDave have you also got Q4 please

#180989 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant
    #180991 Reply
    Steve

Apologies for being a pain mate, but it’s not loading!

#180992 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Apologies for being a pain mate, but it’s not loading!

Try a different browser?

The 3008 GT Premium prices for Q4 2021 are:

Petrol:

Diesel:

Hybrid:

#180997 Reply
    Steve

Got it, cheers BigDave.

They we’re charging me for the wrong model!

#180998 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Got it, cheers BigDave. They we’re charging me for the wrong model!

In your favour or theirs??

Have you logged into the Motability website and checked in your account that the correct vehicle with the correct AP is shown there?

It might be worth speaking with Motability when they re-open tomorrow if the dealership cannot easily resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

If anything needs changing make sure the dealership do not try to charge the Q1 2022 AP (if it is more expensive than when you placed the order).

#181012 Reply
    Steve

£200 in their favour, just needed the proof which I now have, thanks to you!

#181504 Reply
    ThereIsNoZuul

Hi,

I recently recieved the higher rate mobility allowance. I fought for almost 2 years to get this and finally when I have recieved it most of the cars on the list have disappeared. I’m aware of the chip shortages, war, pandemic and everything else that’s affected availability. Choices are limited but I note that a number of people are ordering the sportage, I’ve looked on the motability website this pm and I cant see it on there at all? Am I missing something, do I need to contact the dealer? What’s the best way to find a car, is motability the best website to use?

Thanks

#181507 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Zuul

This is the page you should be seeing in the Motability search…

https://tinyurl.com/ydxav68y

#181777 Reply
    RichB

Newbie here, so apologies in advance, as I’m certain these will have been asked already.

I saw somebody mention the EV6 coming to the scheme. Surely there’s no chance of that, due to the price?

I’m currently eying up the KIA SPORTAGE ESTATE 1.6T GDI HEV GT-LINE S 5DR AUTO, but I understand there is a plug in version coming soon from Kia. Anybody got any insider knowledge of whether it will make it on the scheme?

Thanks,

Rich.

#181780 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I mentioned about the EV6 in a recent thread by wmc “demise of the PHEV’s” in reply to someone who said motability are no longer subsidising PHEV’s and will concentrate on EV’s. I basically replied if that’s the case they should be looking at putting the EV6 and Ioniq 5 etc on the scheme. Though it  was more in jest than being serious, but who know!s

#181831 Reply
    Ian

Has anyone taken their Motability car to France recently? We are holidaying in the French Alps in July and rather than fly and hire a car I am thinking I will drive the electric car and meet the family there .

Has anyone got links to how to get permissions in place with Motability?

#181851 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Just call Mota and tell them the dates of your trip, also might be worth letting the insurance know as well.

Don’t forget all the other crap the french government require you to carry with you over there.

#182320 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

No spare wheel question.

If you lease a vehicle without a spare (e.g. new Kia Sportage) and you need to use the repair canister, do Motability provide you with another one?

I really don’t like the idea of having no spare, especially if the tyre is too badly damaged for the repair canister to work. I guess you wait for RAC, but they don’t fill me with much confidence.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 121 total)
Reply To: Motability question? We can answer it.
Your information: