Motability question? We can answer it.

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo

There are many questions members have about the motability scheme such as :-

Can I extend my lease?

Can I change my car before my contract is up and if so will it cost me anything?

How much is the GCB and will I get it if I have a few scratches?

What happens if I lose PIP?

If you have any questions about motability, then this is the place to come. We have many knowledgeable members only to willing to give advice. Many of our members have been on the scheme for decades and know virtually everything there is to know about the scheme.

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 674 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Sid
      Participant

Does anyone know how long until the order get processed at the factory and when the build week will be sent to me as i’m now 4 weeks since placing the order and no update from the dealer.

Threepwood
        Participant

Im considering the BMW iX1 but I am not 100% set on it yet, I am worried that on the 1st of January they will remove it or at least remove the M Sport

If I order it next week (If the dealership is even open) and there is a better car available on January 1st can I cancel the iX1? I get that cancelling right before pickup can be a problem but If it was JUST ordered, it shouldnt be too much of an issue for anyone right?

Also, does anyone know if I can add addons after ordering? or does it have to be done with the initial order?

joss

Im considering the BMW iX1 but I am not 100% set on it yet, I am worried that on the 1st of January they will remove it or at least remove the M Sport If I order it next week (If the dealership is even open) and there is a better car available on January 1st can I cancel the iX1?

Yes but could cost you £250 to do so!

I get that cancelling right before pickup can be a problem but If it was JUST ordered, it shouldnt be too much of an issue for anyone right? Also, does anyone know if I can add addons after ordering? or does it have to be done with the initial order?

Best done at time of ordering

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Glos Guy
            Participant

Im considering the BMW iX1 but I am not 100% set on it yet, I am worried that on the 1st of January they will remove it or at least remove the M Sport If I order it next week (If the dealership is even open) and there is a better car available on January 1st can I cancel the iX1? I get that cancelling right before pickup can be a problem but If it was JUST ordered, it shouldnt be too much of an issue for anyone right? Also, does anyone know if I can add addons after ordering? or does it have to be done with the initial order?

Yes to both questions. Best to order now (if you can) and then cancel if something better comes along. You will be very relieved you did if the M-Sport goes, or the iX1 goes altogether, or the AP goes up. You can add or remove options right up until the car is locked in for production which, from memory, is a week or so before it’s built.

Glos Guy
              Participant

@joss Why might it cost him £250? I don’t understand. Also, is there a reason that I am missing as to why it’s better to include options up front (other than the obvious one that it might be a bit easier to negotiate a discount on the options at that stage) as it makes cancellation more messy?

@Threepwood
                I forgot to say that you should be able to get a decent discount on any options. My BMW dealer offered me 15% discount without me even asking and that was on top of a £500 discount off the AP (not that an AP discount is likely these days)

joss

@joss Why might it cost him £250? I don’t understand. Also, is there a reason that I am missing as to why it’s better to include options up front (other than the obvious one that it might be a bit easier to negotiate a discount on the options at that stage) as it makes cancellation more messy?

@Glos Guy I think in hindsight, That I may have got that wrong. I was thinking about if you already had the vehicle and want to cancel the lease for some reason. So yes Glos that’s my bad. I should have thought about my reply to @Threepwood.

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

kezo
                  Participant

Retail buyers aren’t interested in the edrive20 model, so I very much doubt it will be removed from the scheme and could even see a reduction in AP!

Glos Guy
                    Participant

Retail buyers aren’t interested in the edrive20 model, so I very much doubt it will be removed from the scheme and could even see a reduction in AP!

Have you been told that by a BMW dealer? I’d be surprised if it’s true as the price discount compared to the 30e is enormous (£6k)

Fishman
                      Participant

Hi everyone ,i’m sure this has been asked before ,but ….

Due to pick up my new car on 11th Jan [ yay ! ]

What happens if the new quarter upfront prices are lower than when we ordered ?

I know if they have gone up ,it’s based on price at time of order ,but don’t know if they have dropped ?

Any help would be appreciated

kezo
                        Participant

Hi everyone ,i’m sure this has been asked before ,but …. Due to pick up my new car on 11th Jan [ yay ! ] What happens if the new quarter upfront prices are lower than when we ordered ? I know if they have gone up ,it’s based on price at time of order ,but don’t know if they have dropped ? Any help would be appreciated

If the AP goes down, you can ask your deaer to adjust it to the lower price. Most dealers will do it with no issues.

Fishman
                          Participant

Thanks for the info ,i was wondering maybe that when we signed for it back in Oct we would be looked in ,for good or bad .

Of course won’t know for sure either way until Jan 1st

kezo
                            Participant

Thanks for the info ,i was wondering maybe that when we signed for it back in Oct we would be looked in ,for good or bad . Of course won’t know for sure either way until Jan 1st

As I said, many dealers will lowere the AP, should it reduce from the time you ordered. Some dealers can be funny but its realy only only basic admin  and easy to do.

@Glos Guy has a brilliant explanation of the process 🙂

kezo
                              Participant

Have you been told that by a BMW dealer? I’d be surprised if it’s true as the price discount compared to the 30e is enormous (£6k)

A bit late in my reply lol.

Basically yes! When I enquired at Sytner about it, I was told the e20 would have a slightly shorter lead time than the e30, as they wern’t as popular.

Solitas
                                Participant

Hi,

My current lease is ending in September this year, I was just wondering as to when I can start making enquiries and putting an order in for my next car? Currently have a Q3, but need a bigger boot.

Any help is appreciated.

mitch
                                  Participant

3 months before lease end.

des
                                    Participant

Yes as Mitch says it’s 3 months. If you log into your motabillity account it will tell you the exact date you can order and the date you hand your current car back, which is exactly 3 years to get day that you picked your current car up.

In my case I can order on the 16th Feb but can’t hand car back until 17th of may at the earliest. So if I found a stock car on the 16th of February it would be no use as I can’t hand my current car back until the 17th of may. Unless a dealer is willing to hold it over for you for three months. Mind id imagine that if it had plenty of expensive optional extras they might hold it.

kezo
                                      Participant

Hi, My current lease is ending in September this year, I was just wondering as to when I can start making enquiries and putting an order in for my next car? Currently have a Q3, but need a bigger boot. Any help is appreciated.

If you are looking to change earlier than September, because the boot is too small, you will need to speak with Motability and request an early termination.

Do bare in mind Motability can charge upto £250 for an early termination. If however you need a bigger boot to fit a wheelchair or medical equiment in, its likely you won’t be charged an early termination fee.

YesOuiSi
                                        Participant

What are the lead times for installation of your home charging point? Fairly quick or very much dependent on your postcode?

Not really an issue if you’re ordering something that takes three months to turn up but my local MG dealer reckons 2-4 weeks for an MG4 and no charging point means pointless car.

kezo
                                          Participant

What are the lead times for installation of your home charging point? Fairly quick or very much dependent on your postcode? Not really an issue if you’re ordering something that takes three months to turn up but my local MG dealer reckons 2-4 weeks for an MG4 and no charging point means pointless car.

Dependant on where you live and how bust the installers are.

You can try ringing ProEV or whever it is thats organising your install and Motability, explaining its pointless having a car with no date to have a charger fitted!

ik_a9@
                                            Participant

Hi All.

does anyone know what happens if I order a plug in hybrid car can I get a charger fitted on my driveway. Is it free or do I need to pay for it.

Shuffler3
                                              Participant

Hi , I’m a bit confused about  the new car contribution. I’ve been with Motability for years. My last lease started on May 2021 and ends in four months.

Is the £750 just for first time lease on the scheme or would I qualify?

cheers

kezo
                                                Participant

Hi , I’m a bit confused about the new car contribution. I’ve been with Motability for years. My last lease started on May 2021 and ends in four months. Is the £750 just for first time lease on the scheme or would I qualify? cheers

You will!

Shuffler3
                                                  Participant

Big help , thank you 👍

ksb3
                                                    Participant

Hi all, new to scheme and forum . Liking the Kia sportage , thinking of going elec . would like plug in PHEV but advanced payment is high. see there is self charging HEV version . Welcome any help deciding . Only looked on Motability site and price is PHEV £3999 HEV £2149 . any better deals out there . thanks in advance . all bit confusing for me

kezo
                                                      Participant

Have a look in the Motability deals and offer topic, which is regularly updated by BigDave.

Honda ZRV Advance, has all the bells and whistles £1500 AP, but you will only pay £750 as you will be eligible for the £750 new vehicle payment.

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 674 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.