Everything Enyaq

• This topic has 1,449 replies, 94 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by Rich44.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 1,276 through 1,300 (of 1,449 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      bolly1143
      Participant

Just curious how people are finding the heaters in the car, I have to turn up to 27+ to get any heat, I know early cars had issue with this and the car wouldn’t open all the flaps due to software bug.

After having the car in garage for 10 weeks with previous issue I don’t fancy waiting again for another fix.

On our other EV’s heat has been instant and really warm, but it’s really poor in our Enyaq.

Cheers 🙂

Dee49
        Participant

@bolly1143 the seat. Mine has easy access feature. Not sure if they all have it. When you get in, close door and car is on your profile and you put your foot on the brake the seat is meant to go to your preset seat position. Mine does this around 50% of the time. Other times it doesn’t move at all and I have to hold and press no 1 on the seat or it moves a bit and I think I’ve got shorter until I realise that the seat has only moved half way !!!

I also tried the one press with the door open. It didn’t work. Had to hold it down for it to move.

Phaedra
          Participant

Mine is weird, when I got in in January the heating was left on 16 as the car was warm enough, you could feel the heat, now it’s warming up outside (in theory) I’m having to put it up to at least 20 to even feel it.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

bolly1143
            Participant

@bolly1143 the seat. Mine has easy access feature. Not sure if they all have it. When you get in, close door and car is on your profile and you put your foot on the brake the seat is meant to go to your preset seat position. Mine does this around 50% of the time. Other times it doesn’t move at all and I have to hold and press no 1 on the seat or it moves a bit and I think I’ve got shorter until I realise that the seat has only moved half way !!! I also tried the one press with the door open. It didn’t work. Had to hold it down for it to move.

I’ve the easy access also, just checked and mine needs single press with door open, but needs long press door shut, not sure if it’s right/wrong or software related.

Seems the luck of the draw, not had much use from the car so I’m sure it’ll change it’s mind as time goes by.

Hope you get it resolved as it can become frustrating.

kezo
              Participant

@bolly1143 the seat. Mine has easy access feature. Not sure if they all have it. When you get in, close door and car is on your profile and you put your foot on the brake the seat is meant to go to your preset seat position. Mine does this around 50% of the time. Other times it doesn’t move at all and I have to hold and press no 1 on the seat or it moves a bit and I think I’ve got shorter until I realise that the seat has only moved half way !!! I also tried the one press with the door open. It didn’t work. Had to hold it down for it to move.

I’ve the easy access also, just checked and mine needs single press with door open, but needs long press door shut, not sure if it’s right/wrong or software related. Seems the luck of the draw, not had much use from the car so I’m sure it’ll change it’s mind as time goes by. Hope you get it resolved as it can become frustrating.

Every car Ive had with easy access seat, works on IGN when the car is turned on/off. Once the memory seat position was set, you never needed to touch the memory button again unless a change of driver on memory 2.

This has been the case with a Skoda Superb, Kodiaq, BMW’s and Hyundai.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by kezo.
                Dee49
                Participant

Kezo you are right. It is activated by the IGN. In the Enyaq sitting in the seat and putting your foot on the brake puts the car into ready mode. This means you don’t need to touch the ignition button. I’ve tried it both ways to make sure but it didn’t make any difference to the seat movement.

thekopfather
                  Participant

Hi, we are thinking of putting an order in for an Enyaq on Monday and was just asking this question do you regret ordering one and would you order one again in the future? Thank you

Phaedra
                    Participant

Yes and no really!, I ordered an 80x and got the 85x in January.

Dealer experience was very poor, lied about the price of the paint I preferred (Velvet Red) told me it was full price £1045 when it should have only been the difference between it and the standard metallic, so £385.

Also lied about the quality of the Canton sound system, paid the extra £2035 for the Advanced pack and it’s mediocre at best, sub-woofer is barely noticeable.  Apart from the HUD and Matrix headlights the rest of the pack isn’t needed, heated windscreen, heated rear seats (just use the cars pre-heat function) and Crystal grille.

If I could go back and re-order I’d have an 85 Edition instead.

Would I buy one again?, I really don’t know, the Winter range is a massive drop of around 100 miles (so 1/3 of the battery capacity).  There’s constant reports of software issues (mine has came up with the “Don’t Drive!! Overheated Battery” warning twice so far and the charge flap was sticking even on the day I picked it up!.  The Skoda App and servers are pretty bad but that’s common across all the VW group MEB3/4 range.

So, looking ahead to 2027, would I have another BEV? certainly, without a doubt.  Would it be another Skoda or other VW group car? I really don’t know, I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on the competition 🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Elliot
                      Participant

I’m really hoping that something comes onto the scheme soon that will persuade me to cancel mine.

Participant

I think if the Hyundai EV6 GT came on I would be very tempted. There’s loads of new stock around too so would be quick delivery!

I’m surprised Motability Operations don’t look at stock cars in the current manufacturing delay climate, I’m sure it would please a lot of people if stock cars which are ready available were allowed on the scheme to help fulfil the backlog of orders! 🤔 If only temporarily!

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

Kjid5
                          Participant

I think if the Hyundai EV6 GT came on I would be very tempted. There’s loads of new stock around too so would be quick delivery! I’m surprised Motability Operations don’t look at stock cars in the current manufacturing delay climate, I’m sure it would please a lot of people if stock cars which are ready available were allowed on the scheme to help fulfil the backlog of orders! 🤔 If only temporarily!

my ID5 was a stock car ?

kezo
                            Participant

I think if the Hyundai EV6 GT came on I would be very tempted. There’s loads of new stock around too so would be quick delivery! I’m surprised Motability Operations don’t look at stock cars in the current manufacturing delay climate, I’m sure it would please a lot of people if stock cars which are ready available were allowed on the scheme to help fulfil the backlog of orders! 🤔 If only temporarily!

Thats very much up to the dealer, as they have purchased the car from the manufacturer out of their own personal £’s for their showroom/forecourt, in the hope a retail customer comes in and buys it at or near “retail” price.

Motability deals directly with the manufacturer where the dealer acts as a third party to place a factory order with the manufacturer on behalf of Motablity.

However it is very much up to the dealer whether they will let you or I as a Motability customer have one of their vehicles from stock.

Dee49
                              Participant

@thekopfather your questions are good ones. Do I regret ordering an Enyaq. I’m on the fence with that one but I’m swaying to a yes. Cars software is just so full of bugs- reminds me when Windows 95 came out !!  Just today I had another error. Yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark and a beep. Looked everywhere to see what the error was. It was only when I selected reverse that I noticed that the front sensors weren’t working. Stopped car. Got out locked it, unlocked and error gone!
                                would I get another one? That would be a no. I’m not put off with an electric car so would go for another one just not from the vw group. Toyota cars were always reliable for me- had 4 and the only time they were in the garage was to get serviced. So maybe an electric Toyota if it gets good reviews.

Nas89
                                Participant

My week old id4 had both these errors and went into limp mode! Luckily over night it cleared… But might get it checked out as dont want to be stranded far from home

Nas89
                                  Participant

bogzaf
                                    Participant

I have a question off topic – how long have you all been waiting from day when your car were build to collection ? Skoda says anything between 2 to 4 weeks but I was wondering what’s your experience? My car is set to be build in next 9 days which is confirmed and no change expected

Rich44
                                      Participant

I had all of this stuff with the MG fix was when it didn’t reset by on and off a 10mm spanner disconnect the 12v battery fixed it, I always thought it was a China SAIC thing but guess it’s just any of them.

Imho it’s not just the software as much as the stupid communication protocol canbus is crap and was not designed to be as complicated as it is now there’s no redundancy to it, it’s not particularly robust and more

All car co’s have their problems in Toyota who are recalling 1m vehicles due to potentially faulty airbags and 380,000 in the US with faulty brakes and another 280,000 again in the US that may creep forward in neutral due to a software fault.

Ford and VW have the wet belt engine destruction business on their 3 cylinder engines going on there’s just do much bad engineering going on in the car industry.

thekopfather
                                        Participant

Hi, thank you for answering my previous question, just one more quick one I’m not sure to order the 21 inch or stick to the 20 inch wheels? Could I ask is there much difference between them in ride quality and if anyone knows and thank you 😊

thekopfather
                                          Participant

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Participant

I test drove the Enyaq Coupe with 21″ wheels and to be honest, the ride was un-faultable. There was minimal road noise from the tyres & the suspension handled the pot holes & speed humps brilliantly.

I think the diameter of the 21″ wheel with tyre is 29″. My Mercedes has 18″ wheels and measures 26″ so, the same amount of rubber on the ground. I’ve not seen any official figures that show the larger wheel affecting range.

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

Rich44
                                              Participant

Just heard my 85x order from December is now built and on it’s way to the docks as of Friday 7th so estimates are another 2 weeks… Yay

bogzaf
                                                Participant

Just heard my 85x order from December is now built and on it’s way to the docks as of Friday 7th so estimates are another 2 weeks… Yay

do you think 2 weeks is realistic? I’ve asked question on Škoda Enyaq fb page and people said from build to actual get a car was something between 6 to 8 weeks. It was very rear below 4 weeks. My car is due to be build on Monday so I am just wondering how long this will take.

Rich44
                                                  Participant

Just relaying what I was told.

jamiemc88
                                                    Participant

From build completion to me taking delivery mines was about 10 days, fastest manufacturer to do so for me over the years, was very impressed. Although if they had waited an extra day and gave it a good detailed clean I wouldn’t have minded!

bogzaf
                                                      Participant

I see. So it really depends then I guess from dealer shipping etc. I will have to wait another week to find out how long my dealer think it will take.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,276 through 1,300 (of 1,449 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.