Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 921 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andy
      Participant

So, starting the thread off. Spoke to my dealer today to arrange to go in next Sarurday (14th) the first day I can order. I’ve decided on the Sportline X suv, in Race Blue (second choice would have been the multicolour Arctic White)with Maxx package, travel package and sunroof Lead tinme is around 19 weeks, so end of February, just a month over my change date of January. That’s fine, as my current car, Skoda Superb estate SEL is hardly run in at 15,000 miles. I e also decided to get them to fit a new dash cam, my current one a transcend is around 7 years old now, So, looking forward to the next steps. My dealer is very good, doesn’t want any deposit, not even for the options. I’ve found every dealing with them to ge excellent

Can I ask who the dealer is?

Southamman
        Participant

The Maxx package includes passenger and driver electric memory seats, uprated stereo and Crystal face, amongst others.

Plus drivers seat massage, auto car parking, remember parking place (will remember a spot and park in it if clear) 360 deg camera, Dynamic Chassis Control, regressive steering, rear side airbags, plus everything from advanced package.

Elliot
          Participant

I went to Skoda in Doncaster yesterday. Never seen people so disinterested so walked away.

MFillingham
            Participant

I went to Skoda in Doncaster yesterday. Never seen people so disinterested so walked away.

Thats so sad but really not a surprise.  Keep hunting around until you find a good dealer not too far away that treats you well.  They need to realise that most Motability customers will come back for servicing and repairs for 3 years and could well be back for the next car.

I’m lucky that our local Skoda dealer appreciates the prospect of long term business from Motability customers.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Participant

Try D M Keith in Wakefield. Really nice people and only to happy to help regardless of profit to be made.

----------------------------
                KIA Soul EV First Edition
                Scale modeller in my spare time

kezo
                Participant

I keep saying there should be a thread to name and shame dealers who genuinely have no interest and/or provide poor service!

Phaedra
                  Participant

Pulman VW Durham, completely disinterested for about the last 15 years and 5 or 6 visits.  Their Skoda branch were excellent, I had my 2 Yeti’s from them in 2015/17.  Not so much this time with the Enyaq order though but still 100% better than the VW branch.

Lookers VW Newcastle, after the Yeti was written off (June 2020) and my ordered Tiguan R-Line diesel from JCT Wakefield still had no build date due to Covid they swore blind they had one available from stock.  As I needed a car urgently I cancelled the JCT order and placed it with them (at a higher price, no £600 JCT discount!)  about 5 days later they rang me to say they didn’t really have one but could order one (about 4-6 months wait).

Turned out they hadn’t even placed the Motability order either.  Motability couldn’t redo the JCT order (as car was now being shipped) as not fully open to take orders until July 1st (Covid) when I rang the AP had shot up to £3000, ended up with the petrol Ateca at £1200.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

paul

hi guys quick question as asked on another forum and got heart attack as guy said it cost him 47 to charge his enyak  and he only charged 80%. what costs are you getting at the pumps not home as i can t have charger fitted thanks

Richard

It depends where you charge and at what speed. Get yourself Bonnet and Zapmap apps on your phone you can use these to find chargers, speed and price per kWh,

Typically the faster the charger the more per kWh they cost.

Some chargers are a rip off and I can easily see that cost happening but you are getting almost petrol range from the Enyaq and that is still cheaper than petrol and diesel.

For example Instavolt nearby cost 75p/kwh at 100kw

Gridserve 69p/kwh at 350kw

Podpoint 50p/kwh at 50kw

Podpoint at Tesco 44p/kWh at 7kw

I’ve seen the price as low as 25p/kWh at 7kw locally. There are still a few free ones at 7kw too most have some kind of condition attached.

It’s a case of like petrol understand what you’re paying per unit and only charge what you realistically need on more expensive chargers to get you going

Rob

That’s me done- I test drove an 80x today. I was super impressed by how comfortable the seats were – so impressed that the order was made! First time driving an EV. So very grateful for Motability as I would never have been able to afford to have the privilege of such a car. Looking at round 20-25 weeks for delivery but they are going to do their best to port the vehicle to the 2024 spec. One big bonus- metallic paint was thrown in for free. With that, the 750 contribution and a free wall charger, I feel like I’ve won the lottery!

Southamman
                          Participant

Also, check prices on s few apps, fir example the Mer chargers at Nottingham University are £0.47p in the mer app, but same chargers in electroverse app are £0.55p

me1you

Metallic paint is free only the red is chargeable on Skoda

All EV orders come with 1 free wall charger

kezo
                              Participant

hi guys quick question as asked on another forum and got heart attack as guy said it cost him 47 to charge his enyak and he only charged 80%. what costs are you getting at the pumps not home as i can t have charger fitted thanks

You will most likely keep the charge somewhere between 20-80%, so that works ot at 46% of the battery to keep the car charged from 20-80% of the battery

If you multiply the figures @Rob has given by 46, it will give you the cost to charge the car from 20-80%. However  If your journeys are mainly local, you will only be putting a fraction of the 46kWh in to keep the car topped up.

Do remember places have a time limit you can stay, so charging on your average 7kW supermarket charger may take more than one visit depending on how much you need to charge.

I believe the average range for the Enyaq 80 is around 280 miles average on a full tank, so keeping it charged between 20-80% will give around 129 miles on average, with the current Enyak. @MFillingham could you verify:-)

paul

thanks for the info guys appreciate it

MFillingham
                                  Participant

Let’s say you actually do the exact 20-80 charge, that’s 60kWh or 77% of the available battery.  So multiply the 60 by the price and if you choose the wrong charger you’ll be around the £45.

Charging at home is significantly cheaper.  Octopus can go really low, even paying you to charge if demand is low enough.  If you charge as low as 5p per kW, you’ll pay £3 for that charge.

Most EV drivers look at the price per mile, which reflects efficiency of the car and cost effectiveness of the power purchased.  In this case, assuming a warm rate of 4.5 miles per kWh that’s 1p per mile home charged, 16p per mile at 75p per kWh.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

kezo
                                    Participant

Let’s say you actually do the exact 20-80 charge, that’s 60kWh or 77% of the available battery.  So multiply the 60 by the price and if you choose the wrong charger you’ll be around the £45.

That has thrown me mate but could be down to me having a really bad day 🙂

Enyak 80 – 82kWh gross 77kWh usuable, so 60% of the battery charged  – 60*77/100 = 46KWh needed to charger from 20 to 80%?

Southamman
                                      Participant

Yes, if you use the motorway services chargers to “fill up” the most expensive chargers are there at £0.69p oer kwh

60 X 0.69 ” £41.40. Most look for an off motorway charger where they can at a lower charge

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Southamman.
                                        Phaedra
                                        Participant

We have rapid chargers about 5miles here from 75p (Instavolt 120kWh) to 89p (Shell Recharge 150kWh) not that I’ll be going anywhere near them at that price!.

My nearest chargers are 7 & 22 kWh, prices from 56p Fast to 75p Rapid.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

MFillingham
                                          Participant

@kezo, I ‘may’ have gone for 80%🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s a car park in North Cornwall that has no nearby competition so charges a rather impressive £1.50 per kW.  That means your 250ish miles would be cheaper in petrol or diesel.

Mark

Elliot
                                            Participant

I think like a lot of companies at the moment, greed has set in with these charging companies.

I’m now starting to rethink and may go down the petrol or diesel route again.

MFillingham
                                              Participant

Public charging has been subjected to the rather unreasonable increases in commercial rates.  However, when those rates drop it’ll be interesting to see how quickly they’ll drop too.

If you can charge at home and don’t drive more than 50% of your range, the savings from home charging will be considerable.  I’m still saving over ICE fuel costs despite having a pre-pay tariff.

Mark

kezo
                                                Participant

Energy prices fluctuate, whether that be petrol, diesel or electric, so it often very difficult to work out exact prices at any one time.

Lets say to fill the enyak from 20 to 80% will need 46kWh @1.50 pkW (based on @MFillingham figure) it would cost £69 to fill up and receive 250 miles of range.

If you look at a similar sized Hybrid with an average of 50mpg, you would need 5 gallons, to travell 250 miles would work out somewhere between £35-£40 (£35.40 to be exact)

Going back to the Enyak but, based on charging it at home the majority of time and to travell the same 250 miles would cost under a fiver (£3.45 to be exact) based on Octopus Intelligent tariff.

My view with those who at this point can”t have a home charger fitted, is to think carefully how you are going to use their vehicle over the next 3 years and to weigh up the pro’s and cons of being unable to charge cheaply. Equally the AP needs to be taken into cnsideration of the different vehicles when working out monthly, yearly running costs 🙂

Andy
                                                  Participant

An EV is only on my list depending if I can charge at home, which I still have to sort out. Ever increasing diesel prices are what’s driving the decision.

Southamman
                                                    Participant

Evs need a different mindset. Most people in ICE cars fill to the brim then fill up when ut gets to 20% or l8wer back to the brim.

With evs, unless you are doing a long journey, you keep the batteryvatcaroubd 80%. As mist journeys are under 25 miles, evs gain as they are ready to go, can be warmed up before you leave. Diesels are much less efficient and can take miles in winter to warm up. When dueselsxare quoted at 50mpg, that us normally when doing long distances, around town small journeys take their toll on mog and cause issues with DPzfs.

The adage for evs is ABC Always Be Charging,.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Southamman.
                                                      MFillingham
                                                      Participant

To compare ICE versus electric is somewhat unfair.  The one thing most forget about engines is they need oil to be running at a given temperature to be at its most effective, the motor is protected from the first second.  If you’re doing many trips of short distance, like to the doctor or shops, then there’s common complaints of things like the DPF that clogs up and you need to take an additional journey just to run at speed and clear the blockage, a bit wasteful.

If most of your driving is local, the life of your components and, thus your car will be so much better if you drive electric, even a PHEV does better if you can charge it (even an outside plug and a granny charger will work perfectly for PHEVS as a long term solution).

Mark

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 921 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.