Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 1,464 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Evs need a different mindset. Most people in ICE cars fill to the brim then fill up when ut gets to 20% or l8wer back to the brim. With evs, unless you are doing a long journey, you keep the batteryvatcaroubd 80%. As mist journeys are under 25 miles, evs gain as they are ready to go, can be warmed up before you leave. Diesels are much less efficient and can take miles in winter to warm up. When dueselsxare quoted at 50mpg, that us normally when doing long distances, around town small journeys take their toll on mog and cause issues with DPzfs. The adage for evs is ABC Always Be Charging,.

In all fairness I don’t brim my tank, rather top up to what my exected weekly mileage is. However regardless of much you top up, the £ running figures stay the same.

kezo
        Participant

To compare ICE versus electric is somewhat unfair. The one thing most forget about engines is they need oil to be running at a given temperature to be at its most effective, the motor is protected from the first second. If you’re doing many trips of short distance, like to the doctor or shops, then there’s common complaints of things like the DPF that clogs up and you need to take an additional journey just to run at speed and clear the blockage, a bit wasteful. If most of your driving is local, the life of your components and, thus your car will be so much better if you drive electric, even a PHEV does better if you can charge it (even an outside plug and a granny charger will work perfectly for PHEVS as a long term solution).

I like it 🙂

Although it only takes a minute, if for the oil to circulate from cold as long as you haven’t filled it with tar. I don’t beleive DPF’s are as bad as they once were, although Hyundai/Kia are having problems on their 1.6 port injection petrol engines, which other manufacturers seem to have got right.

You don’t have to worry other than putting fuel in with Motability but buying private you have got to weigh the costs up as already mentioned as well as facoring in servicing and insurance, especially if you can’t charge at home 🙂

Speedy James

A few questions please

Thinking of going for either an 80x sport line plus or 80 sport line coupe. My current lease runs out May 24 so I guess prices and specs may change a bit.

Anyway my questions.

Does the sports suspension change the ride much?

Anyone fitted a wheelchair hoist to one?

Anyone think the L&K will come to the scheme?

MFillingham
            Participant

To compare ICE versus electric is somewhat unfair. The one thing most forget about engines is they need oil to be running at a given temperature to be at its most effective, the motor is protected from the first second. If you’re doing many trips of short distance, like to the doctor or shops, then there’s common complaints of things like the DPF that clogs up and you need to take an additional journey just to run at speed and clear the blockage, a bit wasteful. If most of your driving is local, the life of your components and, thus your car will be so much better if you drive electric, even a PHEV does better if you can charge it (even an outside plug and a granny charger will work perfectly for PHEVS as a long term solution).

I like it ?

Although it only takes a minute, if for the oil to circulate from cold as long as you haven’t filled it with tar. I don’t beleive DPF’s are as bad as they once were, although Hyundai/Kia are having problems on their 1.6 port injection petrol engines, which other manufacturers seem to have got right.

You don’t have to worry other than putting fuel in with Motability but buying private you have got to weigh the costs up as already mentioned as well as facoring in servicing and insurance, especially if you can’t charge at home ?

You’re right, financially, you don’t have to worry about anything other than the AP and the fuel.  However, I’d argue that if you have a car that constantly needs repairs or a trip to the garage, at the very least, it soon becomes an inconvenience, especially if you’re in a huge Skoda and are offered a city car for a courtesy car.  There are stories of people who have had their car go in many times within the 3 years for small problems caused by a lack of long distance driving.  Literally all they do is a trip to the doctors, shops and visiting their friends, nothing beyond a mile or two.  With the wrong car it just bungs up particle filters or leads to incorrect wear.

Don’t forget, you’re pretty much guaranteed one set of brake pads over the 3 years on an EV, especially if you allow the regen braking to do most of the work.  The pads on my car are 4 years old and are good for at least  another year or two, the discs need a bit of use to prevent rusting, so the odd run with regen switched off works for that.  Again, it’s not the cost but the inconvenience of either needing to book a service/repair and courtesy car that actually works for you.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Des

I’ve just sat in the estate version in the show room and it’s a lot bigger than I thought. The only thing I don’t like is the very small instrument cluster. Bar that it is a lovely car.

Jda

I’ve got a test drive of the 80x Sportline booked for tomorrow. I’m actually kind of excited. I think its gonna be really different to an ICE, I’ve never driven an EV, but not too different from what I understand, plus I’m used to an automatic.

Rob

@Jda- I was the same as you Saturday with test drive booked for Sunday in a Sportline – it was amazing and my first drive in an EV. I was so impressed I placed an order. Hopefully it’ll meet with your needs.

Rob

I am told that if you have the head up display, you train your brain to look at that mostly. Its not standard and I have specified it so am hoping it is true and not an annoyance!

kezo
                      Participant

I am told that if you have the head up display, you train your brain to look at that mostly. Its not standard and I have specified it so am hoping it is true and not an annoyance!

HUD’s aren’t bad especially those that reflect onto the windscreen and/or are augmented reallity. The perspex screen ones aren’t as good and imo more distracting.

There’s allways the off button should you ever get fed up ?

jda

I test drove the 80x portline Plus this morning. It was a really nice drive and so smooth. I drove it around town, on dual-carrage way and motorway. It was so quiet, even on the motorway. It’s cetrtainly powerful too, fastest accelerating car I’ve even driven. The specifications are SO good for the price, especially with the £750 money back from Motability. The person helping me said that Skoda offer free metlic paint upgrade too. My decision is made and I’ll be ordering next month when I’m able to. 😀

Elliot
                          Participant

I test drove the 80x portline Plus this morning. It was a really nice drive and so smooth. I drove it around town, on dual-carrage way and motorway. It was so quiet, even on the motorway. It’s cetrtainly powerful too, fastest accelerating car I’ve even driven. The specifications are SO good for the price, especially with the £750 money back from Motability. The person helping me said that Skoda offer free metlic paint upgrade too. My decision is made and I’ll be ordering next month when I’m able to. ?

We get free metallic paint with all manufacturers except in Skoda’s case they charge extra for the metallic red.

jda

@elliot – I didn’t relaise that. Good to know.

Des

Folks I was looking at the motabillity site and there are three sport line +.

One is X I think that’s a 4×4 £2499. But there’s two 150kw 80 sport line plus 5dr auto. The first at £2099 the second at £2699. What/why is the difference?

Participant

The one at £2699 is the coupe version, just not clear on Motability site.

Bz4x fwd vision in silver

Des

Thank you. So the estate which I would want is the cheaper one. Nice.

Rob

@JDA – great to hear! Sounds just like my experience! I had an email today fro notability telling me that someone will be in touch soon about the charger

Rob

Jda

@Rob I was really impressed! I couldn’t order today, but I’ve booked an appointment for my order date next month to go back and place an order. ??

jda

@Just2Fish Today I test drove an 80x Sportline plus, standard package, no extras, and it didn’t have usb ports in the back, but had a heated steering wheel and heated back seats. Does anyone know if this is a random build, or the specs change from build to build, or something specific that was ordred? I’m going to contact the dealer tomorrow, but curiosity got me this evening and I wanted to ask if anyone knew.

Paul

I’ve swapped from race blue to moon white, really hard decision don’t know why but something just kept saying white……

Participant

Hi, the usb ports in the back of SportLine Plus are not visible from a normal height and are hidden by the removable tray in the centre of the footwell. I’ve seen a motoring journalist complain that the car didn’t have them, when they almost certainly did. Worth checking again.

Rob

does the vehicle have a 240v socket in the rear- does anyone know? some models show it as a flap next to the usb’s in the rear

Rob
                                                  Phil

What’s people getting quoted for deliver times for the Sportlines?

I’m seriously considering handing my Mini in and ordering one. I know I’ll lose out on the £750 bonus because I already got it with my Mini, and I’ll have to pay £250 for the early return, but I still think it might be worth getting an Enyaq sportline for the size.

MFillingham
                                                    Participant

does the vehicle have a 240v socket in the rear- does anyone know? some models show it as a flap next to the usb’s in the rear

That would be V2L and you’d know if the Enyaq joined the Hyundais and the KIAs with that.  I vaguely remember someone saying that it was available in other markets (not too sure if it was Europe or elsewhere) but not here.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                                                      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Rob

So the link I have given is to get this retrofitted as it is genuine skoda. It’s no use to use here in the UK but it seems to be something the zen yaw can do which is strange because you think you’d see it on VW before Skoda but in our case I think we don’t see either. It’s a shame but not a deal breaker. I will just have to leave the microwave at home. ?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 1,464 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.