Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 1,251 through 1,275 (of 1,464 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dee49
      Participant

Just an update on my car. It has had several intermittent error messages and an easy access seat that works when it feels like it. It was diagnosed with a faulty 12 volt battery and other unspecified parts ( which I think is the battery cover! ) which is due to be replaced today.
        When leaving the car in I told the service manager about another few problems that have appeared the last few weeks. My brake pedal is squeaking and last night it took 5 attempts to get the charging flap open! He said I really need to leave the car for a  few days to get the issues sorted and for them to physically see them. I said that’s fine if you can give me a courtesy car as I have hospital appointments and a family funeral to attend. He said the fleet has been cut in half so I have no chance of getting a courtesy car! Said I would get the car back today and if problems persist I will have to bring car back yet again.

If the car still misbehaves would motability arrange a courtesy car or would this be a nightmare? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Beepcat
        Participant

@Dee49 the dealership can request a CC for you through Motability. I had a CC sorted last year for what was meant to be a few days but ended up being a fortnight whilst the car was inspected. My dealer made a bit of a muddle of things though and so I ended up dealing with Motability directly who were great. Enterprise supplied the CC.

bolly1143
          Participant

Just an update on my car. It has had several intermittent error messages and an easy access seat that works when it feels like it. It was diagnosed with a faulty 12 volt battery and other unspecified parts ( which I think is the battery cover! ) which is due to be replaced today. When leaving the car in I told the service manager about another few problems that have appeared the last few weeks. My brake pedal is squeaking and last night it took 5 attempts to get the charging flap open! He said I really need to leave the car for a few days to get the issues sorted and for them to physically see them. I said that’s fine if you can give me a courtesy car as I have hospital appointments and a family funeral to attend. He said the fleet has been cut in half so I have no chance of getting a courtesy car! Said I would get the car back today and if problems persist I will have to bring car back yet again. If the car still misbehaves would motability arrange a courtesy car or would this be a nightmare? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Motability arranged a courtesy car for us as dealer was hopeless, car arrived next day.

Currently had it approaching 10 weeks as our Enyaq is still awaiting parts, charge flap is common fault and usually faulty actuator which dealer should be well aware of.

Hope your issues are fixed quickly 🙂

Phaedra
            Participant

Charge/Fuel flap sticking has been an issue across the whole VW group for several years, it’s not just the Enyaq that suffers with it.

Best advice seems to be give the actuator a light spray with a silicon lubricant every 4 months or so.  WD make one, just don’t use WD40!

https://www.wd40.com/products/silicone-lubricant/

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Dee49
              Participant

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I’ll get the car back today and if problems still occur I’ll contact motability and see if they can arrange a courtesy car and let the dealer keep it for a while to get all the problems sorted once and for all.

des
                Participant

Drove past a Skoda dealership yesterday and decided to call in and look at the Enyaq again. A suitemaxx model. I forgot just how big that car is and I think it’s a cracker. Just that wee driver cluster doesn’t sit well with me. Tbh I still have a bit of regret at cancelling the Enyaq, probably made worse because I still ain’t seen the e3008 which I’ve have on order.

NanasRob71
                  Participant

Well, dealer has called to give me a delivery update.

Was due to be built (unconfirmed) towards end of May, but this has moved (again) and it’s confirmed build date of late July.

This means it’s unlikely I won’t be seeing until September now. *sigh*. Ordered Dec 27th

Rich44
                    Participant

Due an update on mine soon I supposedly had a confirmed build date 20th May, so I hope it’s built and it’ll be here by the end of the month. Don’t want to be paying for petrol in this hire car for going away plus it’s awkward with taking dogs out.

warpig
                      Participant

Ordered Enyaq 85x last November. Phoned dealer this afternoon to see what was going on and he said that the car should have been built last week (week 20) but has been pushed back to week 35 with delivery probably in October. That’ll be 11 months if it actually appears then. We were quoted 16 weeks when we ordered it.

kezo
                        Participant

Ordered Enyaq 85x last November. Phoned dealer this afternoon to see what was going on and he said that the car should have been built last week (week 20) but has been pushed back to week 35 with delivery probably in October. That’ll be 11 months if it actually appears then. We were quoted 16 weeks when we ordered it.

You have more patience than me lol

warpig
                          Participant

I’m not very patient at all but stuck between a rock and a hard place here. If I cancel and go for something else I’ll be at the back of the queue again so probably be even later. Only bit of good news is the AP has gone down £900 since I ordered it 😃

Rich44
                            Participant

That’s nuts. I ordered on 30/12 an 85x and was told May last I heard I had a confirmed build date wc 20th May. Just waiting fir next update now but doesn’t sound good if yours was bumped. Any options on it?

Like you say what choice is there go on someone else’s waiting list. I’m almost tempted to if mine gets bumped to Sept or Oct just not putting up with that. Bet Motability will be furious that’d be a year of hire cars ffs

warpig
                              Participant

85x with Advanced Pack. I was given the same build date as you till I rang them today to see how it was going only to be told it’s now week 35 (August). When I queried the order they asked if it was retail or Motability which makes me think people paying full price for the car are being pushed to the front of the queue.

Elliot
                                Participant

85x with Advanced Pack. I was given the same build date as you till I rang them today to see how it was going only to be told it’s now week 35 (August). When I queried the order they asked if it was retail or Motability which makes me think people paying full price for the car are being pushed to the front of the queue.

I wondered if that was the case too. If true, them Motability need to step in and have a word.

Participant

Mine is still week 32 for the 85x Coupe with advanced pack. Ordered 27th December 23.

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

Participant

Week 32 this end for an 85 edition ecosuite order placed end of April.  The agency system that Skoda UK run is an absolute joke, our dealer has a car on the way now from the factory but it can’t be transferred to a Motability customer has to be retail as the dealer has zero control over who they can and can’t sell new cars to.

madhoose
                                      Participant

Ordered 4th Jan, now pushed back to week 35.  Sport line 85x, White no extras.

Been told it will now be a 25 model with 15w wireless phone charger and charger 🙁

Hardly makes up for the delivery time doubling.

Participant

The new 25 Face-lift has a new front end to Match up with all the other new Skoda EV releases, this includes the new badging.

I’ve ordered the advanced pack with mine which includes the crystal grill. So I’m not sure how that would work because the new front end doesn’t have that! It will be interesting to see what happens!🤔

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avatar photoSolymar.

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

warpig
                                          Participant

The new model is expected to launch in October so I’d be surprised if we get one of those.

Phaedra
                                            Participant

October is the factory shut down/production switch over month.

Same happened with the switch from the 80 to 85 models, it was late December/early January before 85’s started arriving in the UK so I’d expect the same for the MY25’s.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

31st October last year is when order books opened for the 85x. I guess that follows factory shut down.

update on my ownership experience. I do get glitches in the software for odd things at times. Nothing that is dangerous though. My comfort seat has its own personality- sometimes working automatically, other times I need to remind it. I discovered dynamic chassis control this week which is great as I can soften the bumps I go over.

I am glad to have specified the extras I have because I use them all and they make the car for me. An opening sunroof is amazing. Crystal grille looks great, 21 inch wheels look fab too.

i am really happy with the car- I am accepting that there are some glitches, appreciating there shouldn’t be any but accepting reality! Maybe as they update software these small glitches will die a death.

only thing that I am disappointed with is the park assist because it’s ultra slow and if someone is waiting for you to park, I think they think I am a useless driver taking so long!

would I recommend the car- absolutely. Do you need any extras- I would say that there aren’t any you HAVE to have and that the extras choice is good for stuff you would like to have

2024 Skoda Enyaq estate- 85x Sportline plus in Race Blue. Extras: Supernova 21 inch wheels, Maxx Pack, Transport Pack, Heat Pump and Pano Sunroof.
                                                Ordered 31/10/23, Delivery 27/3/23

Phaedra
                                                Participant

I have the 85x with the Advanced pack, to be honest the only things I’d miss without it are the Matrix headlights and HUD, it’s a lot better than the normal screen.  But, not worth having to pay over £2K to get them as part of a pack.

Rich44
                                                  Participant

As of 1st June my last update said build date 20th May as that’s now passed and it still says that hopefully it means the date hasn’t slipped. If it has I’ll have no choice but to investigate if any of the other options have shorter waits or stock cars.

Just waiting for a follow up update in the next few days

Dee49
                                                    Participant

Another update on the Enyaq. First off I must say I love the car but I feel I am always moaning about it ! New 12 volt battery was fitted, charging flap greased, and brake pedal lubricated. Great. Had it a few days now and brake pedal still squeaking , drivers seat still intermittently won’t return to correct position, charging flap intermittently isn’t releasing and this morning had a message when I tried to start the car “key not detected. Hold next to intended surface”

Thinking the remote battery was low I hobbled back into the house got the spare set and tried it – same thing. Was about to call Škoda assist when I remembered want people have been saying. Lock the car and walk away, swear a bit ( quietly as daughter in the car) and come back to it. I did that and it started !! Hopefully it’s a one off but it doesn’t inspire confidence in the car and I’m going on a road trip with the car next month! Could be a stressful holiday.

bolly1143
                                                      Participant

Another update on the Enyaq. First off I must say I love the car but I feel I am always moaning about it ! New 12 volt battery was fitted, charging flap greased, and brake pedal lubricated. Great. Had it a few days now and brake pedal still squeaking , drivers seat still intermittently won’t return to correct position, charging flap intermittently isn’t releasing and this morning had a message when I tried to start the car “key not detected. Hold next to intended surface” Thinking the remote battery was low I hobbled back into the house got the spare set and tried it – same thing. Was about to call Škoda assist when I remembered want people have been saying. Lock the car and walk away, swear a bit ( quietly as daughter in the car) and come back to it. I did that and it started !! Hopefully it’s a one off but it doesn’t inspire confidence in the car and I’m going on a road trip with the car next month! Could be a stressful holiday.

Regards the seat, not sure if you’re aware. When the doors closed you have to hold the button for it to return to saved position.

Safety feature if you have multiple drivers so they don’t simply press button and become squashed if preset is set for smaller person for example.

I think if doors open single press returns to saved position (will check later). However yours could be faulty but just a thought.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,251 through 1,275 (of 1,464 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.