Everything Enyaq

• Creator
    Topic
    Southamman
    Participant

Hello fellow Skodians. I hought I would start this thread, as there seems to be quite a few either taken ownership, placed orders or just thinking about getting the best ev out there.

So, any questions that someone may be able to answer, any good or bad dealings with dealers, specs wanted or received, perhaps someone could help others in their quest

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Southamman.
    Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 1,464 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nathan

@Andy, perhaps we’ll see some increased APs for the new 85 Edition, as this is a higher OTR price than the previous 80, however I’d be surprised if we see any significant increases on the other models. Skoda will always need to be pitched below that of the VW ID4/5 and the Audi Q4.

Nathan

@Ian Durrant, I’d take that information with a pinch of salt. I find it highly unlikely that a dealer knows that much information. I also still find it hard to believe that orders will be cancelled – Skoda know you are a Motability customer and have given you a build week for an 85. Why would they then cancel this?

Roger Wikco

@Ian Durrant, one if the cars not coming back will be the sportline 2wd, as that’s being dropped.

I’m hoping the other won’t be the sportline X.

Could it be the interior specs may reduce?

Until it changes on Motability page, all we can do us wait

Roger Wikco

Early release information about the next generation Enyaq due 2028 on the next VW pkatform

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-enyaq

kezo
              Participant

Early release information about the next generation Enyaq due 2028 on the next VW pkatform https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-enyaq

I’d take that with a pinch as of salt as well, given 5yrs is alongtime in the EV world anything could happen, such as semi solid or solid state battery’s. VW could even use 900V architecture across its brands, not just Porsche.

Rob

I phoned the dealer this morning who confirmed that they are aware a change is imminent and they have been told that there will be a price adjustment but they don’t know what that is yet.

worst case for me is that the order is not honoured and I will need to reorder at a different AP which may then influence optional extras I specified.

Ian Durrant

@ Rodger Wilko, I really don’t know, I think you are right the normal sportline makes sense to drop this, I just hope its not the sportline plus that gets dropped too

We ordered last month an 80x as is dropped in AP by over a £1000, I hope that was not just to get rid of current stock, we basically are in limbo as we will have to pay whatever the new AP is for the 85x sportline plus and that’s if that model even makes it, Even with an AP of £3500 it will still undercut the Audi and VW but I’m afraid for us it will be just £1000 to much and back to the drawingboard

Its suck a good car too

Phaedra
                    Participant

Just checked with my dealer.

Ordered early September, just been allocated build week 49 so hopefully an 85x

Should be in the UK 1st week of Jan.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Phaedra
                      Participant

@ Ian Durant. The AP you pay should be the one it was when you ordered not what it is when it arrives. I would expect the AP to alter in Jan but as with my 80x order it seems we will get the mid life upgrade to the 85x.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

When Skoda announced on October 12th that they were upgrading the Enyaq to MY24 spec, they also said that the current UK retail price of the 80x sportline plus would drop by £2200 to approx £48,600 when it is upgraded to the 85x.

That seems to indicate Skoda is serious about selling more volume in the UK. EV’s have taken a big dip in popularity due to the government delaying the phasing out of ICE vehicles until 2035, which will inevitably slow the roll out of charging infrastructure. With Motability firmly pushing a change to EV’s as customers renew their leases by offering free home chargers, the scheme has once again become a much more attractive outlet for EV manufacturers.

This is only my own personal reading of the current EV situation, but in my opinion the evidence of Motability’s intention to prioritise EV’s is clear as demonstrated by regular emails, including online surveys in order to collate the collective future decision making intentions of their customers as they approach the last few months of their current leases.

The advanced payments for the Enyaq are currently very good value. I hope this continues.

Jack

I’ll be surprised if Motability allow any 80 orders to go through as 85’s without having to submit a new application under the correct vehicle code as all the paperwork will have the wrong model on it.

Phaedra
                            Participant

Apparently I wasn’t logged in!, mods please delete previous duplicate post, here it is again ☺️

It happens quite often, cars ordered have specs changed or mid life updates, some have better specs some have tech or packs altered or missing when delivered.

Ian Durrant

@Phaedra

I understand this, however there are 2 things at play here.

Skoda/ dealer order build will be allocated ( as you stated build week 49 for you)  if the 80 is no longer being built then it will be build as the new MY24 spec that will included the new 85 spec despite being a free upgrade at the factory if that’s what happens on the Motability side it will be different.

Motability, system has a VRN (vehicle reference number) thats what mutability use, yours will be for what trim you ordered in the 80 variant, however as the new 85 is a new variant with Motability will essentially see it as a different model because the motor is different will different power outout and insurance group, if this variant comes back once the Enyaq is removed it will have a different Motability VRN thus will require the vehicle order on the motiabilty side to be canceled and the vehicle essentially reorders with correct corresponding VRN otherwise the dealer will not be able to delivery as the VRN number or what you ordered 80 wont match the 85 new VRN

The issue here is it’s not just a facelift if there was no change to motors it would not be an issue as the VRN would not change, but as in this case its essentially like you ordering a 1.6 engine the manufacturer discontinuing it and only having a 2.0 engine from now on, this is where the problem lays the 85 uses the more powerful APP550 motors with almost double the torque and over 80 bhp more as such will of course have different insurance groupings too

Im afraid we are in the same boat as you, we are waiting on tenderhooks hoping the 85x sportline plus makes it back onto the scheme and the price does not increase other wise we will have to look at a different vehicle.

so as you can see its not about fixing the AP at the time of order, its about the vehicle that will eventually turn up at the dealership not matching the Motabilty VRN order and not being able to be giving to us

and of course it no fault of us

@ Ian Durant. The AP you pay should be the one it was when you ordered not what it is when it arrives. I would expect the AP to alter in Jan but as with my 80x order it seems we will get the mid life upgrade to the 85x.

Ian Durrant

It happens quite often, cars ordered have specs changed or mid life updates, some have better specs some have tech or packs altered or missing when delivered.

The issue with the 80 to 85 change its essentially like an engine change from 1.6 to 2.0

so unfortunately thats what complicates things, for motability its a new varient

Nathan

@Ian Durrant, don’t forget this is happening for the VW ID4, ID5, and the Audi Q4 too. Imagine if Motability cancelled every single factory order for every single Enyaq (aside from the 60), every ID4, ID5, and Q4. It would be mental. Although many rumours were said about Q4 cancellations when moving from the ’40’ to ’45’, that’s not materialised (at least not yet), and what’s actually happening is the 40’s are being converted to 45’s.

kezo
                                    Participant

@Ian Durrant, don’t forget this is happening for the VW ID4, ID5, and the Audi Q4 too. Imagine if Motability cancelled every single factory order for every single Enyaq (aside from the 60), every ID4, ID5, and Q4. It would be mental. Although many rumours were said about Q4 cancellations when moving from the ’40’ to ’45’, that’s not materialised (at least not yet), and what’s actually happening is the 40’s are being converted to 45’s.

Indeed. The Audi Q4 40 remained on the scheme for a short time with “x” Motability reference number alongside the 45, with “Y” reference  number. A few days later the 40 was removed from the scheme. The important as you suggested is those that have ordered the 40 were swoped over to the 45, initially on adealer basis when the 40’s were ordered.

Given that they are all part of the VW group I would hope a similar situation happened with the Enyak however, who knows 🙂

Roger Wikco

The main Skoda Enyaq  webpage has now changed to 85 niy just the configurator

https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/enyaq/60

Also, further down the page, the download able brochure has also changed to read 85, but pages are not much different

Nathan

@Roger Wikco, good spot. Glad to see it confirmed that the ‘Edition’ and ‘Sportline’ models all come with the Comfort and Plus packs as standard now. As long as cancellations don’t happen, anyone that ordered a stock 80 that gets moved over to the 85 Edition is onto a winner!

JDA
                                          Participant

Last night the Enyaq was removed from the motability offers car list on Skoda.co.uk. This morning the Enyaq is back on and the Scala has also been added. Skoda.co.uk don’t have an updated motbility pricelist yet though. Motability site still lists the 60’s and 80’s as before. Fingers crossed that the Enyaq does still stay on the scheme and we hear confirmation soon as well as any change to AP’s.

Roger Wikco

Enyaq SUV Euro NCAP 5 star pass, the video

Much better than certain other evs who only meet 4 star level

Djw38uk
                                              Participant

Last night the Enyaq was removed from the motability offers car list on Skoda.co.uk. This morning the Enyaq is back on and the Scala has also been added. Skoda.co.uk don’t have an updated motbility pricelist yet though. Motability site still lists the 60’s and 80’s as before. Fingers crossed that the Enyaq does still stay on the scheme and we hear confirmation soon as well as any change to AP’s.

I notice the page you download the price list from (still not updated) has a picture of the Enyaq saying “AP from £3999”

I hope that is outdated rather than updated!!!

Phaedra
                                                Participant

Yes, it’s been like that for a while. The Q4 Skoda Motability pricelist has also not been updated since the Sportline Plus was added to it in September.

Nathan

@ Phaedra, it has – the Q4 Skoda Motability price list shows the Sportline Plus.

Olpk

This was posted on the Enyaq forum

RobJS
                                                      Spectator

@ Phaedra, it has – the Q4 Skoda Motability price list shows the Sportline Plus.

I think that’s what @Phaedra is saying – since the Q4 update when the sportline appeared, there has been no subsequent update. The priceless is showing the outgoing models. Its version 1 noted on page 1 so that leads me to think that they knew this was coming and we should expect version two shortly.

I no longer participate in forum discussions following moderator decision.

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 1,464 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.