Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,101 through 2,125 (of 2,133 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169721 Reply
    Georgie

“The Sun has got his hat on . . . ” though it might be a woolly bobble-hat.  +0.2c outside when I came down this morning.

Still, it looks lovely out there. 🙂

#169725 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Woolly bobble hat would be OK, if I had one. Have to settle for charity shop fur-lined, ear flappy all-in-one USAAF-type super headgear. Look ridiculous but, as it was designed to keep your brain from freezing in a B-17 at 25,000 ft +, who cares!?

#169794 Reply
    ajn

-3 🥶😨🐇❄️, sunny clear lovely morning,Here’s a tip put your oatsosimple (toffee apple flavour) in your hat if the bowl is to hot to hold, also warms your hat before I must go out 🥵😁

#169795 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same as. Bright, clear, cold. Glad you clarified your suggestion with a snap, ajn. Thought you meant put it in hat while wearing it. Wouldn’t work like that with my brekkie – the egg and beans would run down into me ear’oles. Bugger up the hearing aids something rotten!

#169811 Reply
    Georgie

-1c has turned into yet another glorious day.  Wish I could go out in it – it will be high tide at Bosham in about half an hour – but I’m still a bit ‘off’.

DH has Thinsulate hat and gloves, too, but I’ve not seen him keep his breakfast in them – yet.  I have a long black winter coat with a black furry collar and cuffs for the coldest days, along with a black fur hat that looks like a sleeping cat curled up on my head.  Those and the flat-soled, knee-length boots and I look ready for Siberia.

#169821 Reply
    ajn

Loving the cold weather humour…👍

Volvo had 1st service today, might need tyres soon apparently..4 mm front, 5mm rear 🤔

9* cloudy

#169855 Reply
    ajn

6* still dark at the moment, still clean air, love mornings like this..

Will it snow in parts soon though

#169867 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grey and chilly. Doesn’t feel as cold as the thermometer says – 6C. Weekend looks risky. Really wet and maybe some snow. Might be about to find out whether VW’s 4 Motion system works (with the fitted “summer” tyres).

#169965 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, clear, cold (4C at the moment). Should stay this way for rest of today. Tomorrow looks wetter.

#169984 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

A fair bit of “Robert Van Winkle” here today.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#170013 Reply
    ajn

Dry clear 8* leaf blower put through its paces, as well as me 😳

#170015 Reply
    ajn

#170017 Reply
    brydo

Which is of course is the birth name of “Vannila Ice” and we all know his one and only hit “Ice, Ice, Baby”.

First really cold morning this Autumn and its nearly Winter.

#170020 Reply
    POPS

It’s crisp and cold here today at 550 feet elevation in the Malvern Hills. The air is crystal clear giving a view across to Broadway and all the way down to Cleeve Hill by Cheltenham.

A rare Bell Boeing Osprey V-22 tilt rotor heli/turboprop aircraft has just flown very low over my roof top balcony, it almost felt like I could reach up and touch it. The whomp, whomp of its huge turboprops vibrated through me …. truly awesome, and the visual size from just a couple of hundred meters below was impressive.

We often see military aircraft on training flights over the top of Pinnacle hill which peaks behind our house. It’s not unusual to see a wing of three Hercules skimming the hill, but I must admit that the Osprey was the best experience yet. What a crazy aircraft!

#170031 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dead jealous of your Osprey sighting, POPS. Never seen or heard one of these beasts, Those large blades must make a pretty big whomping noise. Talking of which, had a flight of three Chinook Mighty Wokkas overhead last week. Heading directly out into the Channel towards northern France. NATO exercise, perhaps. Rattled the windows.

And, Brydo, thanks for the Van Winkle gag. You might like to know that it’s all gone a bit Pearl here at present… (?)

#170049 Reply
    ajn

Storm  Arwen

🌧❄️⛈💨☔️🌦🌊☁️🌤🌨🌬💦❄️

#170052 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cold, cloud, rain and occasional glimpse of watery sun. Going to get colder, wetter and more windy as Arwen ventures southwards. Stay-at-home, comfort-food weather. Cottage pie; coq au vin or even oxtail ragout. Puts on hat; heads to butchers

#170054 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Just had a belt of really heavy rain come through.

#170059 Reply
    ajn

9* blowing, silver sky between sunshine, as mentioned above meant to be getting worse soon 😳

#170060 Reply
    Georgie

Marvellous yesterday – drove down to Hayling Island and then looped back ‘up and over’ and drove down to Selsey before heading north to Midhurst and back along my old friend the A272.

Overcast this morning, though, and the barrowmeter has dropped significantly – the aforementioned Storm Arwen well on her way (and she seemed so nice in the The Lord of the Rings).  The Alton Christmas Market that was to take place tomorrow has been cancelled due to the expected high winds and sleet. 🙁

Now we’re just waiting for the Waitrose van to arrive.

#170065 Reply
    POPS

It’s just started to rain  here. The sky is a strange mix of blue  to the north and black, grey and white clouds to the south. The blue is currently winning and pushing the dark clouds southwards, and the hills are being illuminated by heavenly spotlights as the sun shafts through the clouds in almost perfect circles. It’s constantly changing through my picture window.

Tharg, the Osprey was probably heading back to Credenhill barracks (Hereford) where the SAS are based. It’s 20 miles due West and I believe it’s the preferred aircraft for their travel these days.

Two weeks ago I watched a Chinook circling and hovering over two large fields about a mile and a half East and below my house. It was there for about ten minutes in which time it descended to hedge level three times without landing. I’ve got a pair of 25×70 binoculars which are tripod mounted, but the Chinook is so big and was close enough on a very clear day to view it in all it’s glory with just the ‘mark one eyeball’, lol. I’ve seen other smaller helicopters using the same fields for hovering practice (they must have an agreement with the farmer). It’s entertaining to watch them fly sideways and backwards in patterns.

As I said in an earlier post the military do a lot of aircraft and helicopter training flights around here due to the topography and the rural aspect.

As I’ve typed this post the sky has now totally cleared and the Severn valley is bathed in full sunlight. Nature at it’s best.

#170077 Reply
    brydo

Beautiful day full sun but cold.

Looks like we will miss the storm, which has been raised to a “Red” warning so keep safe guys.

#170079 Reply
    POPS

The Great Malvern Christmas festival including the switching on of the lights was due to take place tomorrow and has just been cancelled due to Storm Arwen heading in. It’s very disappointing as there were a lot of activities planned including a lot of live music around the town and vintage market stalls around the ancient and impressive Priory. I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry. Malvern has an abundance of very mature trees and due to the height of the town which leaves it exposed to the east, branches that have grown outwards for over a century maybe at risk.

I’ll echo Brydo’s words, stay safe everyone.

#170096 Reply
    Georgie

Oh dear, I’ve just come over all Californian Hippy, but – WOW!  

There was a rainbow out the back just now and the right-hand end was down to the ground less than 1ooft from the back window, in bright contrast to the fir trees behind it.  I have never seen a rainbow actually touching the ground that close.  If I were still quick on my feet I’d have been over there with a spade . . .

😀

Now it’s gotten so dark that I’ve had to put the light on and it’s tipping down.

#170106 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

POPS – you really do seem to get a wonder of wokkaring in your area. I do admire the engineering of the Osprey. Don’t know whether I’d be happy to ride in one: all helo’s have far too many moving parts in my view. Ospreys shift those moving bits in many more directions of movement for comfort.

And, Georgie… why did you not send DH over to fetch the pot of gold? You could put it towards the AP for something good like the Superb PHEV!

Viewing 25 replies - 2,101 through 2,125 (of 2,133 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: