Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• This topic has 2,262 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 9 hours ago by Georgie.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 2,262 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170110 Reply
    Brydo

Georgie which drugs are you actually on 😂

#170121 Reply
    POPS

I’m in awe of your close proximity to “the end of the rainbow” Georgie, that must have been a special moment. Lucky you.

Tharg …. I’ve seen the Osprey three times in the last month. The first time was really special as I could see the bulbous glass cockpit very clearly due to the position of the sunlight through my lounge window. The second sighting was more fleeting as I heard it while washing up and had to get to the lounge down a long hallway from the kitchen and it was overhead before I caught my breath. Yesterday was the most exciting as I was out on the roof balcony looking down the valley and the Osprey seemed to climb from below and in front of me, to right above me at about 200 knots (guesstimate). The sound and physical vibration was awe inspiring. I’ve never taken drugs even though I enjoyed the late sixties, but it was as close as I can imagine to being on a high!

#170126 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

What a wonderful vivid description, POPS. I reckon the sound of the wokkaring rotors probably has something to do with the “high” we can get from aviation events. Merlin engines in Spit’s and the Lancaster, for example, can have an emotional effect. I actually saw a girl in tears at the intensity of the sound.  She didn’t even know what aircraft they were! I don’t know what the science is; think it might be something to with what musicians call “modulation”. Whatever the cause, bring it on! Spitfires, Mighty Wokkas, even the occasional PBY Catalina flying boat are all welcome, if not frequent, visitors overhead here.

#170136 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

well the wind was awful last night and this morning we have a dusting of snow with sleet forcast for today.

happy to stay in lol.

#170144 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wind is now seriously from the north. Thus, cold and colder – 4C right now but feels more like 1C. Grey. Wet. Bleurgh. Weather maps say we might get some snow.

#170148 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

#170187 Reply
    ajn

Mitch those cars parked just away from the corner plus the camber of the road looks as if they are just waiting for some idiot to slide a car right into them whilst trying to get around there in the snow or ice ❄️

#170191 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

yes its an issue esp with the bin wagons as people have to park both sides at times, parking is an issue as theres no offroad parking on this top end. the council did come round in the summer and measure all the grassed areas and surveyed the trees with the hope to put in offroad parking even if it means cutting some of the trees down. which would be great as it would mean we could possibly get chargers installed if they bring them close enough to the bungalows.

as you can see were set back a good 10 metres at least so its a pain for unloading etc.

#170196 Reply
    Georgie

My older brother has the same problem – has to park a similar distance from his bungalow and  every year he falls at least once when walking between car and home.  Among other issues (he has pseudoachondroplasia) are lax ligaments and no ‘ball and socket’ joints at the hips and shoulders, more ‘stick and plate’, so his hips and arms dislocate really easily.  The Housing Association has also considered ‘sacrificing’ the lawned area to move the current street parking closer to their bungalows, but say they can’t afford it.

#170197 Reply
    Georgie

Weather-wise we’ve pretty much dodged the bullet here (south of England, about 30 miles from the coast and pretty flat) regarding Storm Arwen.  It got a bit blowy yesterday evening, but not as bad as we feared and nothing like what some folks got.  I don’t think we’ve even lost any trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7CSbnwavJM

I did find a huge blue tarp in the front garden this morning, though, blown in from somewhere.  I’ve folded it up and set it at the top of the drive with a brick to hold it down, and hopefully the owner will spot it and reclaim it at some point.  It’s bright blue, so pretty easy to spot from the road.

#170199 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Also missed the worst of Arwen here (South coast, Sussex). Dead windy last night. Moderated this morning. Still chilly (0C at 3.30am – bad night’s kip – and still at zero 10am). Bright and cheerful so long as you don’t have to go out. This will entail many layers of warm clothing and silly, furry hats.

#170201 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

@Georgie i have a bin of rock salt and grit in my porch that i spread out before i go any where, takes me a while to do the whole pathway to the car but its a worthwhile investment. 2 bags usually sees me through the winter as i dont go out much.

#170208 Reply
    Brydo

First snow of the season, hope its the last.

#170214 Reply
    ajn

Very still 7*, grey, but dry, lovely and dry, why can’t the winds blow something worth keeping over the walls in stead of junk..🤨

#170222 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

here we go again its really coming down now so it may settle, yesterday it was gone before lunch.

#170228 Reply
    Landyman

Light snow at the moment. Really nice to have power back on after 29 hours.

#170237 Reply
    Brad

Snow, snow and more snow here in the Lake District

#170269 Reply
    ajn

Frost 🌤 -2 ..

#170271 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

XC40 T5 Recharge defrosted and warmed up ready to leap into and I haven’t left the house.  Wintry…

#170272 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Zero degrees. Bright and sunny. Small snow flurry last night.

#170354 Reply
    ajn

11* 

#170355 Reply
    brydo

Wet, calm and………………….. 11°C ……………….what’s going on.

I nearly forgot it’s global warming.

#170388 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same as. Warm, wet, bleurgh.

#170448 Reply
    ajn

Very damp, sun out but cloudy, 8* leaf blower could do with a blast around today..

#170452 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Slightly bright, slightly damp, completely bonkers. Clear sky right now. No clouds. Gentle rain still falling, Pah!

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 2,262 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: