Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

This topic contains 128 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Wigwam 3 days, 20 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #94731 Reply

Brydo

Not looking good for the south west of England this weekend, high winds and heavy rain.

#94734 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I don’t mind the rain, I live on a hill, but my ridge tiles take exception to high winds.

#94735 Reply

Brydo

Wigwam I thought you were bothered with hot air lol ?

#94736 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Only when there’s a northerly airstream.

#94739 Reply

joss
    Participant

Wigwam I thought you were bothered with hot air lol

Only when there’s a northerly airstream.

Oh dear can’t stop laughing.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#94740 Reply

joss
    Participant

I am in the middle so we get a mixture of North and south which can be quite volatile at times.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#94744 Reply

Winston
    Participant

After having a few nice sunyish days that’s were crisp n cold it’s back to the giant watering can in sky

crapola ?

#95654 Reply

mitch
    Participant

we had a modicum of rain yesterday the farmers field out the back of us is about 400m in length and then some.

a bit wet

the water is about 20m from my back door.lol anyone got a boat?

#95662 Reply

joss
    Participant

It poured it down here for 30 hours solid, in the Don Valley. Because The river Don runs through Doncaster and all the rain off the peaks districts drains into the river Don at Sheffield, Then on to us here In Doncaster. Currently The river Don is breeching its banks in several places.

Thankfully we live on high ground over looking Doncaster.

The forecasted height of the river in Doncaster will be 6.43m, the Environment Agency says.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#95665 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i am unfortunateley in lowgates staveley as you may guess fairly low ground lol.the water stretches all the way to the chesterfield canal so i reckon a bit more and i ought to get a narrow boat lol.

#95676 Reply

Winston

Well the sun has been out in force all day here, hardly a cloud in the sky ☀️???????✋?

but it’s absolutely Baltic

#96989 Reply

Brydo

Baltic here today, ice everywhere. Isolated the water to the garden hose, don’t want any burst pipes.

left the heating on all night so nice and warm inside.

#96996 Reply

joss
    Participant

Yes its freezing here too. Heavy frost and slippy. Take care on the roads please.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#97001 Reply

Winston

Had to go out early, car was like an ice cube!
    thankfully modern cars defrost a lot quicker than older ones I’ve had over the years!

pavements are very slippy so watch out!

#97367 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Went for my daily two mile walk, even though I’m looking a wee bit peely wally. Very overcast here, really dark and dreich. The park was all but empty today but the old codgers (a group of about five seventy and eighty something men) were in the cafe out of the rain.

Its great that they meet every day at the park, they are all widowed or divorced. Two are disabled so don’t walk but the others like to do a few miles every day. As far as I’m aware they met at the park at different times and just got along. They have been meeting daily, rain, hail, snow or shine for five years and show no sign of giving up.

#97372 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Raining dull here Brydo just going to put my head in the oven

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#97380 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

It can’t be that bad Mike, just think a few weeks and you and the good lady will be in sunny Spain.

#97381 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I will indeed Brydo by the way I’ve read online Nadine says she is going to take a shower in bikini soon in jungle

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#99280 Reply

Brydo

Great day here after a few days of high winds and heavy rain. South of England should brace themselves for gale force winds.

Stay safe.

#99315 Reply

joss
    Participant

It has been very bright today. So much so it’s a real strain on the eyes. So shades on folks and drive safely.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#99380 Reply

Winston

Well it’s a typically Scottish Wintery day here today, absolutely bucketing it down here! already been out and got drenched with the Dog

If it wasn’t for him I would hibernate till April

#99404 Reply

joss
    Participant

Yes, very wet and windy here too Winston. This wet weather is playing havoc with my knees and hip.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#99627 Reply

Winston

Just an average Dec day up here in Bonnie Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 not feeling great today but just made it out to vote there

time to hit the sofa, heating on and watch Gold for most of the day 🤣

have a great day folks 🙌🏻

#99636 Reply

joss
    Participant

Winston I hope you feel better soon. It is cold, dull and very damp here in the peoples republic of South Yorkshire. My vote was cast via postal vote. An other litre of Blood tests drawn this morning. Shopping done and now to warm up and do some computer stuff.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#99638 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

The weather is ideal for… hmm, fish perhaps.

Chucking it down with rain here in the Sarf, but I’ll pop out soon to endure the wet & rather smelly dogs in the entrance foyer to the polling station.

LED lighting is on in the house, trying to make it look a little more like October than December.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 128 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: