Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 10 replies - 801 through 810 (of 810 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127192 Reply
    joss
    Participant

@Tharg  So glad that Mrs T has been promptly admitted and diagnosed and treated so swiftly. I hope Recovery is as swift. Best wishes to you both at this time.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#127227 Reply
    ajn

Great news Tharg, speedy recovery but a rested one too.

Tilly show the best behaviour over the recovery time..

#127551 Reply
    Tharg

Hi everybody. Delighted to say that Madam T has effected escape from Worthing Colditz. All bits mending very well, both surgeons and physios could not believe a 70+ yr old can recover like a 20-yr-old until she described her exercise routine. Absolutely wonderful to have her safe at home and free from dangers of Covid and the endemic Worthing Hospital pneumonia. Again, thank you all for your encouragement and support. Bloody marvellous!!!

#127554 Reply
    Georgie

It is bloody marvellous!!!  So glad for you both.  When you said before that she weighed 6 stone I imagined she’s be ‘frail’, but clearly not! 🙂

Are you spoiling her with all her favourite meals?

#127558 Reply
    Tharg

@Georgie Dear Miz G… first I want to send a personal thank-you to you. The support and sympathy of everyone has been brilliant. Without you telling ’em, very few would have known. So, Georgie, a million thanks. Owe you one, seriously!

“Frail” might be a description for 6st. in some. In Madam, “wiry” and “honed” are more accurate. She has the condition known as Ehlers Danlos, otherwise “hyper mobility”. Can be very damaging but, with correct exercise routine, can be managed and makes the body very fit and able to cope better with other conditions. Girls with ED tend to have a very slight build and often end up as magician’s assistants because they can fold themselves inside the cut-the-woman-in-half box.

So, yes, rolling out all the fave scoffs. Starting tonight with Crispy Duck with pancakes. Not by me this one. Too complicated for home cooking – straight out of the Waitrose box!

#127577 Reply
    Brydo

Tharg there is nothing like returning to your own house with the one you love especially after leaving hospital.

Have a great night and even though Mrs Tharg looks like an magicians assistant after a trick thats gone wrong take it easy with her for a few days before you get her to start the housework again lol.

#127608 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Great news Tharg. It’s great when you escape Colditz and family have you back at home.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#127613 Reply
    Georgie

No worries, Tharg.  I think a lot of people here have ‘known’ you longer than I have, so I figured they’d want to know.  Can’t expect everyone else to follow our more ridiculous ramblings on the ‘Weather’ Thread. 🙂

Good choice with the Crispy Duck.  I’m making Nasi Goreng tonight using their Asian Spicy Fried Chicken.

#127615 Reply
    Tharg

Brydo/Joss – thanks so much, your good wishes really, really appreciated. Gave me a lift when I seriously needed one. I could suggest the housework thing but it would end up with me wearing a broom, and probably a hoover, in a very unfortunate and painful place!

Her recovery capabilities quite shocked the physio’s etc. Was told, if “normal” for age, weight etc. she would have been in Colditz for another week or two and then be sent to a rehab centre for another fortnight. Thank the gods we’ve been spared that.

Menus continue to centre on most-loved scoff: pizzocheri tonight; jerk chicken tomorrow/Friday and roast chicken with all the bits, bacon, bread sauce etc. over weekend.

Sorry to have gone light-years off-topic. So, weather crap – bleurgh – got soaked to skin going to butchers for chicken et al.

#127650 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Tharg we are all here to support one and other through the good and bad times. It’s called friendship.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 10 replies - 801 through 810 (of 810 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: