Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 826 through 850 (of 881 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128385 Reply
    Georgie

Still cold, wet and windy.  Beautiful ‘blue’ moon last night, though.

Reconsidered going for a drive on Tuesday and concluded it won’t be worth it – everyone else who can will also be heading for the sea for ‘a last breath of fresh air’ before Lock-down #2, so there will be no sea front parking by the time I get there. 🙂

Oh well.  We endured Lock-down before – We can do it again.

#128387 Reply
    Tharg

Wet, windy, cold. Bleurgh again. How can drizzle be aggressive? Monday forecast not too bad so maybe a ride out then? Too soon? And there’ll probably be just as many “last-chance-to-see” disease vectors out and about. And, yup, blue moon quite spectacular last night.

As you say, we did it before. Truth to tell, never really stopped here; just allowed myself two visits to butchers per week rather than one. Now, with madam still in recovery mode, we are not going to zoom out for all-night rave. (Wouldn’t mind some recreational substance of the canabinoid variety, though – wouldn’t make lockdown any less dull, just wouldn’t care that it is!).

Only potential problem is with supermarket bookings. Cannot get a slot for delivery from Tesco. Just none of the three varieties of delivery available. Have to take a collection slot which ain’t so bad although ob’s a bit risky. Waitrose just changed their booking period: down from 25ish days in advance to 15. Worrying. Suspect they will become collection only too. Just hope that collection slots do not disappear from both companies. Thank the gods for Asda – only firm doing it all perfectly.

#128448 Reply
    Georgie

Wet and very windy last night.  Once fence panel down – it belongs to the neighbour and it falls down every single time the wind blows hard.  DH just shoves it back up again for her.  She has 2 strapping, fit and healthy sons in their early 20’s who came over for BBQ’s all summer (plus she also baby-sits for one of them every week), but neither are apparently capable of permanently securing a fence panel.

Ho-hum.

Huzzah!  The Sun’s just come out.

#128452 Reply
    Brydo

Nice day today, sun in the sky, a bit breezy but that’s OK.

#128457 Reply
    Tharg

Yup. Sunny but chilly here too. Pleasnt. Tilly happy dog since she’s just had first walk in ages – Madam obviously unable right now and I can only manage 1-200m without falling over. Found a “guest” walker to take the lead for a week or two when hersef might be able to do a gentle stroll round block.

#128581 Reply
    Georgie

Gorgeous morning – cold, dry, frosty, frozen bird-bath, car a block of ice – and no pain.  Always happens when it’s really cold and dry.  Lovely.

Just putting the washing machine and the dish-washer through their monthly Cleaning cycles, then I’ll attack the sheets and duvet covers.

Woo-wooo!  All aboard the Fun Train!

#128582 Reply
    Tharg

Weather much the same here. Bright, clear, crisp. Jolly nice. Will also be doing the really fun household things. Two beds to change and get linen washed. ” Fun, fun, fun.. in the Sun, Sun, Sun. Wish I had Kryten to help!

[Sad bloke leaves computer and goes to shed to weep]

#128583 Reply
    Georgie

KRYTEN: Well, if I could go anywhere, absolutely anywhere at all in time,
    I think I’d probably choose to go back to a week last Tuesday.
    LISTER: Why?
    KRYTEN: Don’t you remember?  I did all the laundry, and then we watched
    TV.  Wow, we won’t see the like of THOSE sorts of days again.

#128669 Reply
    Tharg

Crisp, clear, frost overnight. Still chilly now, so…

It’s cold outside, no sign of atmosphere…

#128677 Reply
    Georgie

Cold and misty first thing.  Bird-bath only lightly frozen over.  Rooks in the back garden for the first time this Autumn.  Blackbird fiercely defending his apple tree again.

#128748 Reply
    Tharg

As yesterday. Bright, clear, and a bit less chilly. Have to go to Tesco for a Click and Collect. Must fold down rear seats in Mini to get a week’s shopping in there. Shouldn’t take too long so…

Smoke me a kipper. I’ll be back for breakfast…

#128937 Reply
    Georgie

Dark, dank and drear this morning – rather fits my mood I’m afraid.  Had no energy for the last 3 days now.  I even went back to bed yesterday afternoon.  Still, the birds are fed and the washing’s done.

I have a medium-sized fire axe buried in my spinal column. That sort of thing can really put a crimp on your day.

#128943 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Mild but dank and miserable weather wise, pretty much sums how I feel as well.

Saturday I was abducted by aliens. That lead to being probed in orifices top and bottom. Not nice but it’s what aliens do. They did however remove 4 pacmen from deep inside of me.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#128962 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Beautiful day here, sun in the sky, hardly a cloud in the sky great day to be alive!

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#128974 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bit of everything here. Cloudy, sunny, wet and wetter. Not cold though. Perhaps that’s why the beach roads are as crowded/parked up as the height of summer’s heat wave. Many hundreds of people using Lockdown ability to travel in order to “take exercise”, in this case an exhausting sit around picnic tables and the like. I, of course, could probably be nicked for taking the long-way-round route back from the butchers.

@Georgie
    Deepest sympathies. Fire axe been known here too. Not for a while though’

@joss
    I feel like I’ve been abducted – by a mutated algorithm from the Microsoft Galaxy which tries to make me do indecipherable pointless things for no apparent reason.

#129006 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Tharg come and lay on my couch in the computer room and tell me what is happening

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129008 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bit grey, Bit wet. Carole says it’ll get brighter. Hmm… Hope it stays dry-ish long enough for a chap to cut the lawn, well, not cut actually, just hoover up the holly leaves so that Tilly stops spearing her paws on them. Being a Staffie she never complains, just limps a bit and leaves red paw prints everywhere.

@Georgie
    Hope you’re feeling a bit better and the fire axe has gone.

@joss
    Well, doctor I have found a way of coping with the aliens: into conservatory, on to Trevor the Treadmill and listen to some serious, powerful music; nothing popular like Emmy Lou Harris or Beatles. Got to be something like Elgar’s cello concerto or Howard Goodall’s requiem – eccentric, powerful and LOUD.

#129030 Reply
    Georgie

Was nice and Sunny this morning, though it looks a bit overcast at the moment.  Forecast says “Sunny intervals” so I guess I’m just between intervals. 🙂

Brydo – Yup.  Some Sunshine certainly makes a big difference!

Joss – Did they find any ghosts when they fished out those Pacmen?  Four Blinkies or a brace of Clydes?  Also, perhaps you should advertise for a better class of Alien abductors?  More Spielberg ‘cute little grey folk with large eyes’, less Ridley Scott ‘acid for blood and large teeth’?

Tharg – Poor Tilly-paws!  Give her a cuddle from me.  Away with the holly leaves!

#129105 Reply
    joss
    Participant

@Georgie Lots of ghosts from previous abductions, and now 4 more have joined them.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129113 Reply
    Brydo

Heavy rain 🌧 today and strong wind 💨.

A day to stay in me thinks.

#129115 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Dark gray skys and very dank.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/dn6

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#129117 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Mostly grey. Quite bright though and breezy. Might get a bit of sun p.m. Not unpleasant.

Kitchen disaster a.m. Dead kettle. No tea. Mrs T in absolute panic until she remembered  that we have A HOB which can BOIL a SAUCEPAN. Ah, how we of the modern world come to put too much trust in our technology. They will make a machine to add up numbers next…

#129173 Reply
    Brydo

Nice here, mild with sunny spells.

#129178 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, sunny and really quite warm, relatively. Very nice outdoors. Yesterday’s winds brought down a lot more spikey leaves so I’ll be doing the hurried holly hoovering before the lawn gets too wet.

#129360 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet. Getting wetter. Bleurgh. Fewer lemmings on coast. Still plenty of joggers and cyclists. None of the latter, of course, on  Worthing’s cycle-superhighway covid-carriageways. Suspect the orange stick markers have started breeding…

Viewing 25 replies - 826 through 850 (of 881 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: