Quarter 2 1st April 2024 – News and updates

• Creator
    Topic
    monty
    Participant

What are people hoping for realistically to come on for the next quarter?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 430 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      cw
      Participant

I’m waiting for the new Tiguan to come out, I have the previous gen. Love it.

Hopefully it will come back on the scheme. They’re definitely milking the release date though, was told should be in showrooms early March its now middle of march and no sign of it, they opened the order books months ago, I’m sure the people that’s pre ordered them want the 24 plates ASAP.

MickC
        Participant

Apparently its being released in the summer wish it was sooner  >>>>  Cupra Born VZ

cw
          Participant

‘Resealed in the summer’ if you’re referring to the Tiguan, I was at vw 3 weeks ago having a service, and when I asked they said “we’re gearing up for the showroom launch in March”

So Could be the summer, hope not haha.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by cw.
            Participant

MG4 XPower!

Sean
              Current car Hyundai Kona Ultimate EV

Tosher
              Participant

I’m waiting for the new Tiguan to come out, I have the previous gen. Love it. Hopefully it will come back on the scheme. They’re definitely milking the release date though, was told should be in showrooms early March its now middle of march and no sign of it, they opened the order books months ago, I’m sure the people that’s pre ordered them want the 24 plates ASAP.

Same here-just hope an AWD is available too

monty
                Participant

I have the old Tiguan too it would be nice if the new one came out with lower APs this time or I might have to look else where.

APs are getting so high now. ?

cw
                  Participant

I’ve got the 4 motion, over 3 years I’ve never used it (selected the 4 wheel)  and I think I paid £1500 extra on the AP at the time.

2 wheel drive next time.

Si
                    Participant

Hyundai ionic 6 ultimate AP to drop.  £3999 My car is due 29th April so far I have saved £900.  Unless my collection of diecast trucks sell for £1500, and my professional drone sells for some £1500 looks I will be cancelling and coming off the shceme and going to bangers!

Glos Guy
                      Participant

Hyundai ionic 6 ultimate AP to drop. £3999 My car is due 29th April so far I have saved £900. Unless my collection of diecast trucks sell for £1500, and my professional drone sells for some £1500 looks I will be cancelling and coming off the shceme and going to bangers!

As Motability seem keen to push everyone towards EVs, APs will need to drop to achieve this. As manufacturers are having to rely on fleet customers to meet their EV targets (given that demand from private buyers has slowed) I think this bodes well for lower APs through Motability.

If you do leave, with the £12,000 you will save in sacrificed benefits, plus the AP that you would have paid, you can get an awful lot more than a banger! Keep in mind that in order to compare like for like to Motability this only needs to pay for depreciation and running costs – and that you have a valuable asset after 3 years, which you don’t have with a lease car, which becomes a large deposit for the next car. Obviously Motability is the easier option, but comes at a cost.

Dave147
                        Participant

Totally agree with what glos guy says in regards to what it costs us over the lease period.

i have thought about going electric but as i have not got a driveway there is no help from motability to get a charge point.  I believe that if motability want to push EVs then they need to look into helping customers with solutions such as kerbo charge , which would suit me perfectly as I’m sure it would many others.  It’s not sour grapes but it does seem a bit unfair that there are solutions out there for home charging but no help unless you’re blessed with a driveway. Just saying.

Phaedra
                          Participant

Motability are in talks with KerboCharge, they rang me to ask about my experience with it.

As a system it’s very simple and works very well, I’m using it about once a week at the moment but as range increases with the warmer weather that may drop to once every 2 weeks.

If I could get cheap rate charging during the day that would be ideal, I don’t like going out to connect up at night, by that time most of my painkillers have worn off ready for bed time! 🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Alantc
                            Participant

As Motability seem keen to push everyone towards EVs, APs will need to drop to achieve this. As manufacturers are having to rely on fleet customers to meet their EV targets (given that demand from private buyers has slowed) I think this bodes well for lower APs through Motability. If you do leave, with the £12,000 you will save in sacrificed benefits, plus the AP that you would have paid, you can get an awful lot more than a banger! Keep in mind that in order to compare like for like to Motability this only needs to pay for depreciation and running costs – and that you have a valuable asset after 3 years, which you don’t have with a lease car, which becomes a large deposit for the next car. Obviously Motability is the easier option, but comes at a cost.

Well I have done exactly as mentioned by Glos Guy and have left Motability. I have been on the scheme for a longtime and had my last car, VW Tiguan 4 motion for 6 years. When I handed it back I had covered just over 25,000 miles!!! And have nothing to show for it. I will purchase a 2020 model, before they removed the buttons, and will keep it for as long as needed and have equity in it if I decide to sell. I loved being on the scheme and will miss certain aspects of it but I cant justify the cost outlay anymore. At £12,000 for each 3 year lease x 2 it has cost me a lot and although the added extras are good I found myself staying on the scheme longer than I should have…..

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Alantc. Reason: correct an error
                              wmcforum
                              Which Mobility Car

I think you mean £12000 every 3 years.

Alantc
                                Participant

I think you mean £12000 every 3 years.

Corrected.. Thanks.

Bo
                                  Participant

I too would come off the scheme,we are going to order a Mustang in the next couple of days and with the five grand advance payment I was seriously tempted to just buy a secondhand one but the insurance is around £2200 it’s just not financially valuable, I will certainly look again at the end of this lease

Andy
                                    Participant

At the end of our latest lease in 2027 I will definitely be looking to see if it’s worth leaving the scheme. We’ll have been on it for 30 years by then. That’s a lot of money…
                                      The new cars are less and less appealing to me every year, and tbh I think my wife would rather have the £12000 it costs for a 3 year lease  in her bank account now.

Adrian
                                      Participant

insurance is around £2200

Blimey!

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                                        Glos Guy
                                        Participant

I too would come off the scheme,we are going to order a Mustang in the next couple of days and with the five grand advance payment I was seriously tempted to just buy a secondhand one but the insurance is around £2200 it’s just not financially valuable, I will certainly look again at the end of this lease

I know that insurance varies wildly depending on where you live, but I ran an insurance quote yesterday on a price comparison site on a 3 year old BMW x5 45e. That’s a 389 bhp car and pretty high up on a car thieves wish list. I also had an insurance claim just over 2 years ago (first in decades) so can only claim 2 years No Claims Discount. I held my breath when I pressed the ‘Obtain Quotes’ button and was staggered that the best quote was only £850. I thought that was pretty good, especially as it will reduce each year as my No Claims discounts build back up.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Glos Guy.
                                          Jojoe
                                          Participant

It was the insurance that prevented us from leaving the scheme this year. We wanted a model 3 Tesla but the quotes went from around £1200 early last year to over £1800 this year.

Rhodgie
                                            Participant

I thought that was pretty good, especially as it will reduce each year as my No Claims discounts build back up.

That would be nice but I very much doubt it, unfortunately insurance only goes up ?  hopefully not by too much ?

kezo
                                              Participant

I know that insurance varies wildly depending on where you live, but I ran an insurance quote yesterday on a price comparison site on a 3 year old BMW x5 45e. That’s a 389 bhp car and pretty high up on a car thieves wish list. I also had an insurance claim just over 2 years ago (first in decades) so can only claim 2 years No Claims Discount. I held my breath when I pressed the ‘Obtain Quotes’ button and was staggered that the best quote was only £850. I thought that was pretty good, especially as it will reduce each year as my No Claims discounts build back up.

The major reasons for insurers charging more for EV cover is the level of risk providers associate with them, insurers assume repair parts or fully replacing the car will cost them more and lack of skilled technicians available in the UK.

A report by Thatcham Research said, claims for EVs are a quarter more on average than for petrol or diesel vehicles. The report also found damage takes 14% longer to fix, with the high cost of repairing and replacing batteries meaning EVs are more commonly written off.

Participant

I think we might be in for some scary AP increases on anything electric – been plenty of recent articles floating around talking about the horrible depreciation EVs seem to be suffering after 2-3 years – this lost value has to come from somewhere for a company running mainly 3 year leases.

Saw one recently comparing a 2 year old golf to a 2 year old id3 – the golf value was down 20% in 2 years, the id3 was down by 50%.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

Cheerio132
                                                  Participant

I can’t see them increasing them to be honest motability already get the cars heavily discounted which shouldn’t affect them especially when they just send cars to auction anyway so they never get the real value back for cars anyway and a lot of manufacturers are looking to get ride of there evs thats why theres really good deals on them saw a deal on the honda eny1 for 250 deposit and then 250 a month which is a steal and im sure people found it cheaper then that

Participant

So exciting just over a week to go Honda and Toyota dealers have told me they don’t get new prices till we do

monty
                                                      Participant

Colin I am with you..Someone will get burnt and its going to be us as the losses on EVs over three years has to be passed on to someone.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 430 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.