Quarter 2 1st April 2024 – News and updates

• This topic has 430 replies, 102 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    monty
    Participant

What are people hoping for realistically to come on for the next quarter?

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 430 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Motability have agreed to end my lease and due to it being a “Mechanical Termination” i get my AP back from the Vauxhall Astra (£1400 at the time). Can now put an order in for a new car. Busy week ahead looking at cars on my shortlist.

Did you have to pester Motability how long did you have to wait for the mech termination to be agreed.Did you have to be without the Astra for a long time,did they supply a hire car. What are you fancying as your next car ? all you need is £200 you could get an Enyak Sportline if EV gives you a buzz.

Astra went in the day after Boxing Day and it’s been in ever since. Proximo thankfully provided me with an adapted hire car very quickly.

Originally spoke to Motability 2 weeks ago and they said ending the lease wasn’t possible until i got my car back. But a few days after they took over from Proximo on getting repair updates, after that they must’ve had a long conversation with Vauxhall and came to the conclusion that it’s not getting repaired anytime soon. Had the phone call this morning and they’ve agreed to end the lease. Getting all my AP back which i wasn’t expecting either.

So i’ve got a few cars on my list, Ford Puma, Kuga, Renault Austral and the Mazda CX-5. Not quite ready for a full EV, so sticking with ICE/Hybrid.

Car History:
        Ford Fiesta
        Vauxhall Astra Mk6
        Mazda 3
        BMW 2 Series Coupe
        Mercedes A Class
        Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
        Renault Austral (On order)

kezo
        Participant

Motability have agreed to end my lease and due to it being a “Mechanical Termination” i get my AP back from the Vauxhall Astra (£1400 at the time). Can now put an order in for a new car. Busy week ahead looking at cars on my shortlist.

Did you have to pester Motability how long did you have to wait for the mech termination to be agreed.Did you have to be without the Astra for a long time,did they supply a hire car. What are you fancying as your next car ? all you need is £200 you could get an Enyak Sportline if EV gives you a buzz.

Astra went in the day after Boxing Day and it’s been in ever since. Proximo thankfully provided me with an adapted hire car very quickly. Originally spoke to Motability 2 weeks ago and they said ending the lease wasn’t possible until i got my car back. But a few days after they took over from Proximo on getting repair updates, after that they must’ve had a long conversation with Vauxhall and came to the conclusion that it’s not getting repaired anytime soon. Had the phone call this morning and they’ve agreed to end the lease. Getting all my AP back which i wasn’t expecting either. So i’ve got a few cars on my list, Ford Puma, Kuga, Renault Austral and the Mazda CX-5. Not quite ready for a full EV, so sticking with ICE/Hybrid.

How about another Astra 😂

Glad its all sorted now 🙂

Participant

Astra went in the day after Boxing Day and it’s been in ever since. Proximo thankfully provided me with an adapted hire car very quickly. Originally spoke to Motability 2 weeks ago and they said ending the lease wasn’t possible until i got my car back. But a few days after they took over from Proximo on getting repair updates, after that they must’ve had a long conversation with Vauxhall and came to the conclusion that it’s not getting repaired anytime soon. Had the phone call this morning and they’ve agreed to end the lease. Getting all my AP back which i wasn’t expecting either. So i’ve got a few cars on my list, Ford Puma, Kuga, Renault Austral and the Mazda CX-5. Not quite ready for a full EV, so sticking with ICE/Hybrid.

How about another Astra 😂 Glad its all sorted now 🙂

lmao, i’m not touching another Vauxhall again.

Car History:
            Ford Fiesta
            Vauxhall Astra Mk6
            Mazda 3
            BMW 2 Series Coupe
            Mercedes A Class

MissingSound7
            Participant

After keeping up with your issues with the Astra, was hoping you’d go for a different manufacturer next time, so that’s good news.

Participant

New car ordered. Renault Austral, went for the top spec.

June/July expected date.

If anyone is interested Bristol Street Motors Nottingham Renault can get you a Austral in top spec, in white this month.

Car History:
                Ford Fiesta
                Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                Mazda 3
                BMW 2 Series Coupe
                Mercedes A Class

kezo
                Participant

New car ordered. Renault Austral, went for the top spec.

ooh Papa!

Hope you enjoy it and it gives three years of “worry free” motoring 🙂

solent60
                  Participant

Ah, nostalgic moment. My first ever Motability car, back in 1995, was a Vauxhall Tigra in blue (as below) – which I loved to bits!

kezo
                    Participant

Ah, nostalgic moment. My first ever Motability car, back in 1995, was a Vauxhall Tigra in blue (as below) – which I loved to bits!

Vauxhall/Opel wasn’t owned by the PSA group back then 🤣

solent60
                      Participant

Vauxhall/Opel wasn’t owned by the PSA group back then

Indeed. Back then, PSA Group were renown for electrical problems & glitches in their cars.

Probably explains why Vauxhall’s were always reliable back in the day – well, my Tigra and two Asta’s were anyway. I never had an issue with any of them. Good old ‘bread & butter’ cars – like the old Ford Focus Mk.I that I also had.

Participant

Facelifted Nissan Juke will be back on the scheme soon.

Car History:
                          Ford Fiesta
                          Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                          Mazda 3
                          BMW 2 Series Coupe
                          Mercedes A Class

Joe
                          Participant

I have decided to probably try leasing an electric car. I have a drive and a garage and am about to book a remote, charger survey.

The Lexus UX300e seems to have the most comfortable seats of all the cars I’ve sat in so far, the most important consideration for me as I suffer neck, back, and buttock pain on longer drives.

The quoted range, at 280 miles, is quite a bit less than some of the other makes though, the new Scenic is quoted with a range of almost 100 more miles. Plus I felt a bit miffed they have increased the advanced payment to £1495 this quarter, up from £995.

I haven’t tried the Scenic yet, but I was disappointed with comfort of the seats in the Arkana that I tried for my brother. My parents have owned several Renaults and the seats in those cars used to be a lot more comfortable. I’m hoping the Scenic’s seats are better.

Was a bit of a strange palavour with the price list for the Scenic as well. At first the Techno was available for an AP of £1495, then that spec disappeared from the price list. I contacted motability to ask why and they checked to see if there were any messages from Renault. They then said the reason was a supply issue and that Renault would not be able to supply that spec for the forseeable future. I mentioned that the Techno spec was still showing on the Renault website motability pricelist. The customer service representitive said that Renault had probably not updated their site yet, and that it was better to trust the motability site as it is updated more frequently and is more reliable.

I then contacted Renault who said that the Techno spec is still available on motability and would be so until the next quarter at least. They said that there was no supply issues and that if that spec had been taken off, it would be motability’s decision and not Renault’s.

Seems that the Motability rep may have been a little economical with the truth. I checked today and noticed the Techno Scenic is back on the price list again.

I’m thinking I may wait until the next quater to order now, I’m in no rush as I had taken up the extension on the current car I lease, a Seat Leon FR, which doesn’t end until December, and see what cars become available in July.

Plus I love the Leon and if motability still offered the HP option, I would have seriously considered using this option to keep this car. I’m not currently working, so would not be able to afford the 14k or so it would cost to buy the Leon outright.

I only started looking for the next car to lease now, because the last time I had looked at cars was last year when my mother was buying and the quoted waits were 6-8 months plus. I guess the semi condutor issue has been sorted now.

I wasn’t planning on swapping the Leon until December as I would like to keep it as long as I can plus I need to have the front collision sensor sorted on insurance before giving the car back.

However, when I spoke to the Lexus dealer they reckoned they could get a UX in a month. Now I face the dilemma of playing AP lottery if the UX proves to have the most comfortable seats. Do I wait until July knowing the AP could go up again, but that there could be more EVs available and the price may even go down, or do I sign for a lease now.

The Lexus dealer seemed quite pushy as well, which I didn’t like so much. I also wonder if the range will be enough on the UX for my needs, or if the Scenic, at 379 miles would be more suitable. I will try the Scenic out first, which, as I mentioned previously, I am hoping seats are a lot more comfortable than the Arkana, which to me felt rock hard and would not be suitable for my needs.

Glos Guy
                            Participant

It’s now 9th April and the BMW website still doesn’t show the current quarters price list. Showing the price list that expired on 31st March isn’t much help. If anyone has tracked one down through other means and can post a link here I’d be most grateful.

BigDave
                              Participant

It’s now 9th April and the BMW website still doesn’t show the current quarters price list. Showing the price list that expired on 31st March isn’t much help. If anyone has tracked one down through other means and can post a link here I’d be most grateful.

Is this what you are after GG?

https://assets.ctfassets.net/90a0xfzm8yw3/23grMfQgiLfxvr2LOhUErq/7543a3fc6eabdefcc890a5f22ac646b9/BMW_Motability_Price_List_Q2_2024_Customer.pdf

72 dudes
                                Participant

Is this what you are after GG? https://assets.ctfassets.net/90a0xfzm8yw3/23grMfQgiLfxvr2LOhUErq/7543a3fc6eabdefcc890a5f22ac646b9/BMW_Motability_Price_List_Q2_2024_Customer.pdf

Quite high APs there for the iX1!

Makes the £4999 we paid for the i4 look a bit of a bargain.

And why are Motability customers still only allowed the lowly 118i/218i 3 cylinder versions in the ICE cars when we have access to far more powerful EVs?

Participant
                                    MissingSound7
                                    Participant

Is this what you are after GG? https://assets.ctfassets.net/90a0xfzm8yw3/23grMfQgiLfxvr2LOhUErq/7543a3fc6eabdefcc890a5f22ac646b9/BMW_Motability_Price_List_Q2_2024_Customer.pdf

Thanks @BigDave. Was under the impression the 3 Series Touring estate was off Motability so crossed it off my list. Now it’s back on? MB seems to have it listed as an SUV now, no picture. Doesn’t come up under search for an estate.

Still, £7999 AP and that’s for standard paint; ideal car for me, just too costly.

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

Thanks very much @MissingSound7 As you say, interesting that the 330e M-Sport Touring is still listed. Would have loved that, but we found it to be too low and, as you say, the AP is way too high, especially as I’d want to add around £5k of extras 😂

The other interesting thing that is on this list, which is different to what the Motability website states, is that you can now get the iX1 20e bundled with both the Technology Plus Pack and M-Sport Pro pack. Last quarter it was the cheaper Technology Pack bundled with the M-Sport Pro pack and if you wanted the Technology Plus pack you couldn’t get it bundled with the Pro pack (confused?). The 2 packs combined retail for £5,290 so that’s a good deal, albeit AP for the car is expensive to start with.

kezo
                                        Participant

Motability have never been accurate with their listings!

Beleve the iX2 is joining according to Sytner BMW along with a member on here.

cw
                                          Participant

Thanks @BigDave. Was under the impression the 3 Series Touring estate was off Motability so crossed it off my list. Now it’s back on? MB seems to have it listed as an SUV now, no picture. Doesn’t come up under search for an estate. Still, £7999 AP and that’s for standard paint; ideal car for me, just too costly.

You’ll get to choose a selection of metallic paints.

Glos Guy
                                            Participant

Motability have never been accurate with their listings! Beleve the iX2 is joining according to Sytner BMW along with a member on here.

The iX2 / X2 is style over substance unfortunately. Looked at it a few weeks ago. Nicer looking rear end than the iX1 / X1 but in all other respects it adds nothing, yet gives noticeably less room in the rear and boot. I really struggled to get in the back of it.

I wonder if they reckon that the X1 PHEV will join? I know it’s a 3-pot, but I’d still prefer that to a BEV. Watched a review and very positive. Said the engine note was nice as well 😂

kezo
                                              Participant

Motability have never been accurate with their listings! Beleve the iX2 is joining according to Sytner BMW along with a member on here.

The iX2 / X2 is style over substance unfortunately. Looked at it a few weeks ago. Nicer looking rear end than the iX1 / X1 but in all other respects it adds nothing, yet gives noticeably less room in the rear and boot. I really struggled to get in the back of it. I wonder if they reckon that the X1 PHEV will join? I know it’s a 3-pot, but I’d still prefer that to a BEV. Watched a review and very positive. Said the engine note was nice as well 😂

I agree with your iX2 comment but, do remember the scheme is a gateway for EV’s 😂

So on that not, probably not!

MissingSound7
                                                Participant

You’ll get to choose a selection of metallic paints.

@cw
                                                  – Not according to the price list which states: “non-metallic paint”, but maybe they do. Who knows?

@Glos Guy – Would have loved that, but we found it to be too low and, as you say, the AP is way too high, especially as I’d want to add around £5k of extras

I need a lower boot entry for my assistance dog who’s 7 now. The BMW is the only estate with enough push to make it worth the mobility payments. I see that they’ve now included the Technology Pack but may have removed the rear view camera, which is the added extra I need with being deaf.

I’m glad it’s not been removed but don’t think they’ll shift many with the cost of that AP. It’s a great car though. The other estates are too slow or just as expensive.

cw
                                                  Participant

Ah right, didn’t realise they’re restricting the paint options (potentially)

Glos Guy
                                                    Participant

@MissingSound7 If it helps, the 3 Series does have a reversing camera as standard. Whilst the AP is steep, it’s the only car to come on the scheme in the last few years that has peaked my interest, so I was disappointed to find that it was too low for us. If it had been suitable I’d have got one in a heartbeat (it would have been my 3rd 3 Series Touring and they were all excellent).

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Glos Guy.
                                                      lee6613
                                                      Participant

Just been told by my local Hyundai dealer that you can only have an ioniq 5 from stock as they are not able to order any models due to the new 25 model coming out this year

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 430 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.