Quarter 2 1st April 2024 – News and updates

• Creator
    Topic
    monty
    Participant

What are people hoping for realistically to come on for the next quarter?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 430 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Collie
      Participant

You could order on the 28th and if it goes down, ask the dealer to reorder. If it goes up, feel good about getting in there before the AP increase. That’s what I’m doing with the Enyaq. The dealer has already done that in the past for us and has said he would again if it drops in Q2.

Participant

I would really like to see the Hyundai Santa Fe come back onto the Motability Scheme but can’t see it happening.

kezo
          Participant

I can order my new car from the 28th of this month and a little concerned the Honda ZR-V might go up in April. Do I take the chance and wait or take the plunge?

Order it prior –

If it goes up, you have secured it at lower price

If it goes down, you can ask the dealer to resubmit paperwork at lower AP or cancel if something better comes in q2.

Alex
            Participant

Spoken with BYD a they tell me they have no plans for the seal to be on the scheme, so not likely we will see it. Shame as it’s great car.

Robert88
              Participant

I suppose if you order and AP goes down you could always cancel as not all dealers will resubmit paperwork. I had waited 7 months and ap had went down £600 but dealer said he couldn’t resubmit paperwork as it’s against motability rules I would have cancelled but as I’d waited 7 months didn’t want to wait that again

cw
                Participant

I cancelled a car with bmw once because AP had gone down, he resubmitted the paperwork and I had the same car I originally ordered.

Check with said dealer, explain if AP goes down, can they resubmit the original order. See what they say

des
                  Participant

The e5008 to come on or the e3008 ap to drop a bit so I could maybe add a pack.

Glos Guy
                    Participant

Like 3 or 4 others have mentioned, the BMW X3 ICE would be a brilliant addition and would keep us in the scheme. I can’t see it happening though with Motability’s obsession with EVs, which they will be getting phenomenal deals on with demand from private buyers having dried up. There is an all new X3 due next year though, so I guess there could be good deals to be had on the current model, although as BMW only build cars to order it’s not as though they have stock to clear.

The X1 / X2 ICE would be more likely (but, again, only if Motability acknowledge that not everyone wants an EV), but having had an iX1 30e for the day I didn’t like it anywhere near as much as our current (previous generation) X1.

We can order from April, so I’m hoping that something that excites me that I haven’t yet considered pops up next quarter. The BMW 330e M-Sport Touring with the Pro pack would excite me, but I think it’s going to be too low for my wife (and possibly me too 🙄)

bogzaf
                      Participant

More 7 seater cars !

kia EV9

mercedes GLB and all electric from Mercedes.
                        maybe ford explorer 7 seat

Santa Fe and Kia sorento 😉

and not too high AP !

Rich44
                        Participant

It’ll be a way off yet but electric version of the new 5008 would be verrrrry interesting

Participant

It’ll be a way off yet but electric version of the new 5008 would be verrrrry interesting

I am quite surprised to see the ice 5008 removed.

V8bart
                            Participant

On a realistic note, all golf’s have been removed.

Any chance the 8.5’s will be put on? Seems to make perfect sense, maybe even more reasonable AP’s as well, or is that wishful thinking?

Rich44
                              Participant

Was the 5008 not old stock being run out hence removal?

kezo
                                Participant

Were not far off it becoming known as – the Electric Motability Scheme!

Muggle
                                  Participant

I’m hoping for Mercedes to finally come back to the scheme

Audi Q3 to return

price drop on the AP for the Q4 E tron

Batfastard
                                    Participant

Waiting to see if the newer Skoda Kodiak comes on

Ioniq
                                      Participant

Thats one certainty, every Quarter ICE cars are removed, snd never added.

But that is what car manufacturers are doing, stopping production of limited life ICE cars and moving to EV platforms.

It doesnt really matter what the customer wants to happen.

kezo
                                        Participant

But that is what car manufacturers are doing, stopping production of limited life ICE cars and moving to EV platforms.

But they aren’t are they!

Any ICE car removed by Motability or the manufacturer from the scheme are still in production, with new models coming out frequently, therefore can be purchased as a retail customer.

Remember, EV’s aren’t selling in the retail market to private buyers. The large majority of new EV registrations are to the lease market. Above all Motability can get favourable prices on EV’s, The scheme will become majority electric because of this, along with being an outlet for manufacturers to meet their targets, thus avoiding hefty fines through the ZEV mandate.

TheSUVguy
                                          Participant

E5008, hopefully that comes on as fast as the e3008 came on

black edition q4 / s line q4 sportback

will never happen petrol cars that are similar price range to the q4/ix1 eg x3 petrol

as someone mentioned above, more 7 seat suvs

and overall lower APs / more deals from dealerships (shoutout to BigDave)

GaryV
                                            Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Some estate cars would be good so there’s room for wheelchair and still room for other stuff</p>

AndyDStone
                                              Participant

Polestar 2 long range please and the Polestar 4 later this year…🙏🏻

I’m a dreamer I know…🤦🏻‍♂️

Kind regards
                                                Andy

======================

Motability cars:
                                                2021 - Volvo XC40 T5 PHEV.
                                                2020 - VW Golf TDi SE Match.
                                                2017 - VW Golf TDi SE Match.

UkHardcore23
                                                Participant

Honda Civic

We have the Megane E Tech ordered but would try and cancel but the Civic is never coming on is it 🙁

Ioniq
                                                  Participant

But they aren’t are they! Any ICE car removed by Motability or the manufacturer from the scheme are still in production, with new models coming out frequently, therefore can be purchased as a retail customer. Remember, EV’s aren’t selling in the retail market to private buyers. The large majority of new EV registrations are to the lease market. Above all Motability can get favourable prices on EV’s, The scheme will become majority electric because of this, along with being an outlet for manufacturers to meet their targets, thus avoiding hefty fines through the ZEV mandate.

Well YES, the manufacturers ARE cutting back ICE production. You are wrong in that respect.

Many ICE cars are still updated, its a lifecycle set years before.

But are you denying that the fact less ICE cars are being manufactured and more EV are coming on to market NOW?

Again, it doesnt matter what the customer wants. The EU has mandated no more ICE  cars, and vehicle manufaturing adapts to these rules backed by LAW.

Good luck wishing for an increase ICE car production.

Any ICE. Cars produced will be for the North American markets.

Glos Guy
                                                    Participant

Is the all new VW Tiguan on the road yet? The Tiguan has always been a hugely popular choice with Motability customers, so I’d expect to see that appear at some stage. However, given how Motability is going, we may only be offered the PHEV version.

Ioniq
                                                      Participant

Yup, the Tiggy was hugely popular, it was the best bang for the buck for a few years.

But VW put the AP too high and people lost interest.

Its the economics, if a car manufacturer are struggling to sell cars, they off load their excess stock to Motability with cheap AP,s.

They also put first editions put quite cheap, just to get the new model out on the road in public view.

It took them a while to realise that high APs do not equate to exclusivity.

Indeed the Ioniq 5 that I have now had an AP  of 5K or something, and they didnt sell. When Hyundai dropped it to 3K and Motability incentives pushed the price down to £1500, they sold a lot of stock.

There are few I5,s on the road and it still gets a lot of attention, people have never seen a car like it.

The Tiggy is expected soon in its latest update. It just remains to be seen if VW can sell them. A low AP would see them flying off the shelves. But VW  has dropped the ball recently, long wait times for cars. The other manufacturers are up to speed, except VW.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 430 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.