Quarter 2 1st April 2024 – News and updates

• Creator
    Topic
    monty
    Participant

What are people hoping for realistically to come on for the next quarter?

Viewing 5 replies - 426 through 430 (of 430 total)
    • Author
      Replies

Motability have never been accurate with their listings! Beleve the iX2 is joining according to Sytner BMW along with a member on here.

I’ve recently watched a review on the iX2 and the reviewer felt that town and urban driving was very uncomfortable due to the firm suspension. I keep reading the same thing about the Peugeot E 3008 that I’ve ordered, and I’m still waiting for a test drive (no demo available yet) to see if I can live with its “borderline unacceptable, clunky ride” (a reviewer’s words not mine).

kezo
        Participant

Motability have never been accurate with their listings! Beleve the iX2 is joining according to Sytner BMW along with a member on here.

I’ve recently watched a review on the iX2 and the reviewer felt that town and urban driving was very uncomfortable due to the firm suspension. I keep reading the same thing about the Peugeot E 3008 that I’ve ordered, and I’m still waiting for a test drive (no demo available yet) to see if I can live with its “borderline unacceptable, clunky ride” (a reviewer’s words not mine).

The iX2 wouldn’t suit us due to the roofline and will be silly money for what it is 🙂

MissingSound7
          Participant

@MissingSound7 If it helps, the 3 Series does have a reversing camera as standard. Whilst the AP is steep, it’s the only car to come on the scheme in the last few years that has peaked my interest, so I was disappointed to find that it was too low for us. If it had been suitable I’d have got one in a heartbeat (it would have been my 3rd 3 Series Touring and they were all excellent).

@Glos Guy – Information about the rear camera being standard does help, thanks.

Another problem for me also is the 3 Series is best suited to be charged at home for short runs (saves money). I’m trying to get things moving in terms of installing a driveway, then seeing if it’s possible to set up a home charger. All of which are costs that add up a fair bit. So, £7999 for AP, plus driveway, applications, planning permission, etc, all means it’s too much. If I’d already had a driveway and ability to charge? I’d likely have bitten the bullet and ordered it by now.

Sorry it’s too low for you though, it’s one of very few “exciting” cars still available on scheme. Only one that I’m interested in too.

@cw
            – As the 3 Series now has the Technology Pack included, I imagine BMW needs to cut corners somewhere and decided paint options would go. Could be that you walk into one BMW dealership and they’ll offer it and not at others.

Glos Guy
            Participant

@MissingSound7 Blimey. I’m worried enough about whether my Heath Robinson electrics will stand a charger, but at least I already have the driveway and garage!

The two cars I’m looking at currently are a BEV (BMW iX1) and a PHEV (Hyundai Tucson). If I get the BEV I’ll get the charger fitted by Motability, but if I get a PHEV I’ll just charge it on a 3-pin plug. The electric range is so small I can’t see the sense in paying for a charger and I certainly would never bother to charge it away from home.

kezo
              Participant

@MissingSound7

You wouldn’t necessarily require a charger as GG sugests.

On longer journeys you switch to hybrid mode.

Viewing 5 replies - 426 through 430 (of 430 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.