BMW order X1

• Creator
    Topic
  • #156665 Reply
    Carla

Has anyone had problems with their order  being pushed further and further back for delivery.

I am now being told it could  be August.  Am I within my rights to say no to an August delivery when the new reg is a couple of weeks away  on 1st September?

I would appreciate your comments.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159315 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I was surprised to see how dark the rear Sun Protection glass is. You can barely see into the back of the car, even with your face right up to the windows. Much darker than the privacy glass on the Tiguan. I have to be honest and say that I added it purely for styling purposes and it works nicely with the dark grey paintwork. 

#159317 Reply
    Matthew

Are they the upgraded wheels ?

#159322 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Are they the upgraded wheels ?

No Matthew. They are the standard 18” ones on the XLine models. They are two tone with the interiors painted grey, one of the many reasons why we chose Mineral Grey metallic as the exterior colour. The upgraded ones are 19” but don’t look as nice IMHO.

#159323 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

Looks very good.  That’s the same combo we have gone for…..now fingers crossed for an early sept delivery…though I’d be more than happy to take today!

#159324 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Looks very good. That’s the same combo we have gone for…..now fingers crossed for an early sept delivery…though I’d be more than happy to take today!

It does look nice in the flesh AlanBang. The grey is a gorgeous metallic with red, blue and green flecks in it. It also ‘masks’ the few dark grey plastic trim strips, as well as matching perfectly with the grey painted alloys. We had originally thought of going for Storm Bay metallic (as per the sales blurb) but saw one in the flesh when we went to order and it was a very dull and flat colour, so we went for Mineral Grey instead. Glad we did. I couldn’t get any decent shots of the interior (Oyster with grey contrast stitching, Sports Seats) due to the dark glass and the polythene covers etc over the seats, but will post some once we take delivery. I know that I like that colour though as I’ve had it on a few 5 Series and was very pleased with it.

#159325 Reply
    Matthew

I have a 19 reg X1 in mineral grey but my wheels are different from yours , I no yours is the face lift model , think them wheels look great

#159331 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have a 19 reg X1 in mineral grey but my wheels are different from yours , I no yours is the face lift model , think them wheels look great

Here’s a close up of them Matthew. You can see the painted sections. 

#159333 Reply
    Rene

Would love one, looks good – if it had the updated interior from the 1/2 series with drivers display etc, it would be a no-brainer for us.

#159334 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Would love one, looks good – if it had the updated interior from the 1/2 series with drivers display etc, it would be a no-brainer for us.

The all new one due next year will no doubt have that Rene. I think that digital dashboards are a bit overrated (having got one on our current car) but I’ve opted for Head-Up Display on the X1 so won’t really be looking at the instrument cluster as all the relevant info will be in my  line of sight.

#159336 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

Very Nice Glos Guy, enjoy!

#159346 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

The all new one due next year will no doubt have that Rene. I think that digital dashboards are a bit overrated (having got one on our current car) but I’ve opted for Head-Up Display on the X1 so won’t really be looking at the instrument cluster as all the relevant info will be in my line of sight.

Yeah, pretty certain it will – lets hope it makes it onto the scheme. Haven’t actually seen it, so lets also hope it doesn’t go stupendous on the front kidneys, like the 4 series and other new BMW models.

We got a digital dashboard as well, and i absolutely love it. In fact, it helps me a lot as well, since i’m not a native “right hand driver”, so i do need to concentrate every now and then on driving on the correct side of the road (edit: as in, it’s not “automatic” to me, i have to deliberately do it) – being able to glance down quickly for sat nav instructions (and seeing where to sort myself for roundabouts) has been a saving grace more times than i want to admit.

I do agree, a HUD might do the same trick, though. Especially if it’s a decent one (i don’t know what kind of HUD the X1 has, i’ve seen pretty bad ones though).

#159351 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I do agree, a HUD might do the same trick, though. Especially if it’s a decent one (i don’t know what kind of HUD the X1 has, i’ve seen pretty bad ones though).

It would certainly do all of that for you Rene. The X1’s HUD is fully configurable via iDrive and you can tailor what information you want to see. I will set mine to show my current speed, the speed limit of the road that I am on and turn by turn Sat Nav instructions. Other options include details on the audio source, check control messages, driver assistance systems and a selection list from the instrument cluster. Some of the options will just appear when you need to see them, rather than be there all the time.

HUD systems used by manufacturers such as Ford and VW have a small glass screen that pops up on the top of the dashboard. I don’t like that setup. The BMW system, which is full colour, projects directly onto the windscreen and you can configure the height and rotation to suit your driving position. The brightness also changes automatically dependent upon ambient light conditions etc. The effect is brilliant. It doesn’t look as though the info is on the windscreen, it looks as though it is on the road ahead of you, in your line of sight. With info such as speed and turn by turn instructions, having them projected onto the road ahead of you transforms the driving experience and makes it a whole lot safer. I had never considered HUD as something that I wanted until I drove a couple of BMW’s with it. You Tube videos just don’t do it justice as cameras don’t capture it well and certainly not as the driver see’s it. It won’t be standard on the next generation X1 but will certainly be an option.

#159368 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

The HUD on the X1 is brill, well worth the extra outlay.

I’ve had my X1 3 years now and I don’t think I could be without a HUD.

One small niggle in very bright sunlight you do get a bit of reflection from the top of the dashboard which can interfere with the HUD. Doesn’t happen very often but it does happen.

#159381 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

HUD systems used by manufacturers such as Ford and VW have a small glass screen that pops up on the top of the dashboard. I don’t like that setup.

That’s what i meant by “bad” HUDs.

Though, there’s the potential that the next Tiguan etc gets the ID3 “augmented reality” HUD, which i think is a great system.

That said, had a look at the X1 HUD, and that would do me. The X1 gets facelifted/refreshed in 2022, we’ll see how that lines up with our lease. If it’s out by then (Q2, basically), certainly tempted. As long as they reign in their kidney fixation.

edit: and we don’t mind paying extra for things we like, our Elegance would’ve been around £4.2k AP+Kit, so that’s not an issue (within reason).

#159382 Reply
    machoco

Lovely car but i still think the 19s look way better as they suit the size of the car imo. i went with the black pack also with mine transforms the looks of it .

#159384 Reply
    ajn

Looks great, I know lots like the brighter colours, however for me that’s very nice.. congrats 👍

#159387 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Lovely car but i still think the 19s look way better as they suit the size of the car imo. i went with the black pack also with mine transforms the looks of it .

I saw one with the 19” wheels at the dealers and didn’t like them but, as with everything (cars, models, colours etc) it’s all subjective as we all like different things. BTW, what Black Pack? I know that the Q3 has that but there’s no option on the X1 that I’m aware of. You can get black roof rails, trim etc but that’s what BMW put on the base models so that’s probably not what you mean?

#159388 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Rene – The X1 had a mid life facelift 12-18 months ago. The 2022 X1 will be an all new car, so brace yourself for the oversized kidneys 😂

#159394 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy

that’s lovely made me very excited for ours definitely think it’s better with the tinted windows just another 6 weeks or so till ours arrives

#159432 Reply
    machoco

the black pack just the window surrounds and roof rails glos sets it off nicely with the tinted windows

#159437 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

the black pack just the window surrounds and roof rails glos sets it off nicely with the tinted windows

Oh I see. The no cost option. I’m probably a bit old fashioned but I like the satin chrome as a contrast, as without it I think that the XLine looks too much like the entry level SE. I could have been tempted to have had black alloys though, had they been an option, as I think they look nice with grey paintwork. They come as standard on the lower spec Sport, but I wanted all the extra kit on the XLine. It’s nice that we have a choice though and we are all different. Some like the X1 in Burnt Orange 🤢

#159514 Reply
    Richardw

Enjoy new car day Glos guy. Hope everything goes as smoothly as that 8 speed auto!

#159523 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Enjoy new car day Glos guy. Hope everything goes as smoothly as that 8 speed auto!

Many thanks Richardw. Due to pick up at 11am. Had a nice video of the car sent through from the dealer yesterday. Today also happens to be our 28th Wedding Anniversary, so the first run in it will be to a nice place for lunch. Lovely though the restaurant is, I shall no doubt have mixed emotions as I shall be wanting to get to know the car more! Still, I can take it out tonight to check out the adaptive headlights and the heatwave is due to break tomorrow with heavy rain and thunder storms, so I will probably spend the day in the garage ploughing through all the iDrive menus and configuring everything. No rush though. We have it for 3 years!

#159559 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Happy anniversary and enjoy your new car

• This reply was modified 2 days, 18 hours ago by Shellie. Reason: Spelling
    #159633 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well it’s arrived and I got it home in one piece! Will post a review in a week or so once I’ve had a few good runs, as only did around 40 miles today as I have been fiddling with all the countless iDrive menus 😂

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
Reply To: BMW order X1
Your information: