BMW order X1

• Creator
    Topic
  • #156665 Reply
    Carla

Has anyone had problems with their order  being pushed further and further back for delivery.

I am now being told it could  be August.  Am I within my rights to say no to an August delivery when the new reg is a couple of weeks away  on 1st September?

I would appreciate your comments.

Viewing 22 replies - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159638 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i like that in black with silver grill

#159644 Reply
    coxy
    Participant

Finally got your new shiny X1 Glos Guy, looks amazing. Oyster seats give a much brighter interior, more maintenance as I am finding when wearing jeans.(Dr Leather Wipes easily removes). Wouldn’t change this decision even with the extra maintenance.

All in all probably couldn’t of planned it any better, new car and your anniversary. (Happy Anniversary).

#159646 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

i like that in black with silver grill

It’s metallic grey struth. Looks darker than it is due to the light. I’ve had two black cars. Never again. Impossible to keep clean!

#159647 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

Very nice indeed, love the contrasting interior, enjoy your car, and your special day.

#159652 Reply
    struth
    Participant

sorry in pic it looked black.. yes the very light seats are eyecatchingly attractive too ..

#159659 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

If there’s an option for a light interior I would always go for it even with three children and the extra maintenance. It just makes for a much brighter airier cabin.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#159664 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

We have the same interior as Glos Guys X1. After 3 years with boisterous grandchildren kicking and scrabbling in the back, it comes up like new when it’s cleaned. Not sure I’d have light fabric upholstery, but the BMW leather is tough.

#159715 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

We have the same interior as Glos Guys X1. After 3 years with boisterous grandchildren kicking and scrabbling in the back, it comes up like new when it’s cleaned. Not sure I’d have light fabric upholstery, but the BMW leather is tough.

I’ve had Oyster leather on a couple of previous BMW’s and, as you say, it’s incredibly durable.  I only recall cleaning it once in over 3 years and that was just the drivers seat facings.

So far so good with the X1. Took it out again late last night to check if the adaptive headlights were as good as on my old 5 Series (they are) and to see what the Head-Up display was like in the dark. I will post a review after I’ve done a good few hundred miles. A few small niggles but overall very pleased with it and a vast improvement on the Tiguan in most areas.

#159720 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

Nice house and car Glos Guy !

We stuck with the standard black leather, but the lighter oyster colour does really showcase the interior.   Can’t wait for ours.

Which reminds me, I was going to get a boot liner to protect the boot space when loading shopping and kids rubbish!

#159731 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Nice house and car Glos Guy ! We stuck with the standard black leather, but the lighter oyster colour does really showcase the interior. Can’t wait for ours. Which reminds me, I was going to get a boot liner to protect the boot space when loading shopping and kids rubbish!

Thanks AlanBang. Our kids are adults now, we don’t have grandchildren and we get our shopping delivered, so our cars tend to go back like new, but the exception is the boot, which does take a hammering from the wheelchair. I tend to leave the boot as is, so that the carpeting stops any rattles!

On the subject of liners, one small area where BMW has economised on the X1 is door pockets. They aren’t lined like they were in the Tiguan. I’ve just loaded all our detritus in the front ones, but if they rattle I might have to find something to line them.

#159735 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I wrap offending items in microfibre dusters, so they are at hand to clean the ever-present fingerprints off the mirror black trim and central screen.  I find fingerprints left by people who wear makeup are the most stubborn.  Should I mention it?

#159740 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I wrap offending items in microfibre dusters, so they are at hand to clean the ever-present fingerprints off the mirror black trim and central screen. I find fingerprints left by people who wear makeup are the most stubborn. Should I mention it?

😂 I have a microfibre duster for the interior trim as well as whilst the high gloss black looks lovely it does show every mark. Hopefully the huge screen will stay clean as I hate using touchscreen, especially when on the move. I’ve spent hours over the last 24 hours configuring  everything (well, almost everything, I keep coming across additional functions) and have used the iDrive controller for everything. I find it much easier and quicker. Amazon Music got me flummoxed for a while until I realised that there is a way to access it directly through iDrive rather than through Apple Car Play. It also sounds better through iDrive and I’ve now saved it to a ‘favourite’ button so can access it with one press. All a process of trial and error!

#159745 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

My two favourite favourite buttons are Navigate Home and Nearest Fuel Stations.

I tend to mostly use the touchscreen to cancel messages that come up

#159903 Reply
    Shellie

Well our build date changed but has been confirmed 16 th aug can’t wait now am not patient like haha

#159917 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well our build date changed but has been confirmed 16 th aug can’t wait now am not patient like haha

Great news Shellie. Mine took 17 days from the day it was built until it arrived at the dealers and I collected it two days after that, so you should be on for the first week of September. It’s a lovely car. One or two minor niggles but a better car than the VW Tiguan that it replaced.

#159918 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

How long must we wait to hear about these minor niggles, Glos Guy? Keeping us all in suspense…

#159921 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy

what’s the niggles ? Like wigwam said we all desperate to know I am contemplating getting Amazon music as you said can play it in the car especially if there’s no CD player

#159922 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

How long must we wait to hear about these minor niggles, Glos Guy? Keeping us all in suspense…

Sorry Wigwam 😂 I’ve not driven it much yet, so it would be unfair to give a review at this stage, but I have some decent journeys every day between now and the weekend so will really get to know the car much better. I will post a review afterwards. To be fair, they are mostly things that I knew about from the test drives, so no surprises, and there are far more positives than negatives. We are very pleased with the car and don’t think that anything else that’s available on the scheme would have suited us better.

#159925 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@glos guy

what’s the niggles ? Like wigwam said we all desperate to know I am contemplating getting Amazon music as you said can play it in the car especially if there’s no CD player

See response to Wigwam Shellie! As for Amazon Music, I get it free with Amazon Prime. It’s an odd one because if you access it via Apple Car Play it’s poor, as the volume is very suppressed. Also, when Apple Car Play is connected the Sat Nav etc is the Apple one, which isn’t as good as the BMW system. There is a direct way to access Amazon Music through Connected Drive though and it’s much better sound quality and enables you to use all the other iDrive features (inc Sat Nav) at the same time. You need to make sure that your phone volume is on full though. Top Tip – Assign Amazon Music to one of the eight ‘favourite’ buttons then you are just one press away from your full music library, all of which is then easily accessed through iDrive.

#159926 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy

you must have been sending your message just as I was typing mine haha I have prime but only get prime music but can pay 7.99 extra to get Amazon music I thought it be easier than sticking all my music onto a usb stick Modern  technology haha I sound old saying that I’m only 46 haha enjoy getting to know your car

#159930 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@glos guy you must have been sending your message just as I was typing mine haha I have prime but only get prime music but can pay 7.99 extra to get Amazon music I thought it be easier than sticking all my music onto a usb stick Modern technology haha I sound old saying that I’m only 46 haha enjoy getting to know your car

It must be Prime Music that I get then Shellie as I don’t pay extra for it. It shows as Amazon Music on the App and in the car though. I know what you mean about technology. My last BMW had a hard drive and over time I loaded most of my CD’s on to it. Loved that system, but it’s sadly no more.

#160327 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Wigwam & Shellie – as promised, I have now posted a review of our new X1 on the ‘Motability Car Reviews’ thread. Hopefully it’s balanced, with both positives and negatives. It’s quite lengthy, so grab a cuppa first!

Viewing 22 replies - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
Reply To: BMW order X1
Your information: