BMW order X1

• Creator
    Topic
  • #156665 Reply
    Carla

Has anyone had problems with their order  being pushed further and further back for delivery.

I am now being told it could  be August.  Am I within my rights to say no to an August delivery when the new reg is a couple of weeks away  on 1st September?

I would appreciate your comments.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #158645 Reply
    struth
    Participant

good to hear of some movements on cars.  nice car

#158652 Reply
    machoco

Only downfall imho is the steering wheel is rock solid and pretty cheap feeling.

If i could change anything on mine i would add the adaptive suspension as it wallows in corners due to it being on the softer side of things.

Also can occasionally get a steering wheel shimmy/wobble over various rough ground etc which was unexpected (just dont let go),

and a few bits of rubber trim for the doors were loose so popped them back on again

2 months in and its a good car for the money (x1 20i xline 4wd)

#158656 Reply
    Shellie

Bmw says ours due to build starting 27th July delivery 1st sept ish

#158658 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Only downfall imho is the steering wheel is rock solid and pretty cheap feeling. If i could change anything on mine i would add the adaptive suspension as it wallows in corners due to it being on the softer side of things. Also can occasionally get a steering wheel shimmy/wobble over various rough ground etc which was unexpected (just dont let go), and a few bits of rubber trim for the doors were loose so popped them back on again 2 months in and its a good car for the money (x1 20i xline 4wd)

Interesting that you find the suspension to be on the soft side as reviews suggest it’s on the firmer side (although they tend to only drive the MSports)! We had long test drives in an XLine and an MSport and thought it was fine on both, certainly far superior to our Tiguan. Our Tiguan also has quite a violent steering reaction over uneven surfaces (like a boat hit by a rogue wave) so it can’t be worse than that 😂

How are you finding road noise on concrete surfaces? That and the lack of AutoHold were the only negatives that we found on our test drives and were the only areas where the Tiguan was better.

#158659 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Bmw says ours due to build starting 27th July delivery 1st sept ish

Great news Shellie. That will soon come around and you will have a 71 plate.

#158695 Reply
    Machoco

I had an sline audi q3 with the additional sports suspension as I prefer a firmer more sporting ride. Its very soft not like a Citroën but certainly soft.

The audi was older but very comfy and really solidly built even more so than the x1. But the gearbox in the bmw superior .

#158696 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

We drove a 67 plate msport for our test (no xlines available)  and I found the suspension to be pretty good.  I had a chance to chuck it around a few corners (countryside) and very much enjoyed.   It certainly seemed to handle poor surfaces competently.

Just hoping ours is still on for a early sept delivery…

#158700 Reply
    Shellie

😊 and I will be happy with that haha

#158701 Reply
    Shellie

I’m scared of it not having auto hold to be honest especially been first auto don’t want to roll back our Volvo has it 😞 but guess will get used to it eventually

#158711 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It won’t roll back on a slope, Shellie, it has hill start.  Without autohold, it just means you keep your foot on the brake pedal once you’ve stopped.   Most times when you’re stopped the stop/start will turn the engine off and restart it when you come off the foot brake.  It’s quite intuitive.

#158715 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m scared of it not having auto hold to be honest especially been first auto don’t want to roll back our Volvo has it 😞 but guess will get used to it eventually

As Wigwam says, it won’t roll back Shellie (no autos do) but AutoHold means that you don’t have to sit with your foot on the brake every time you stop. There is a partial workaround, which is to apply the electronic handbrake every time that you stop. You don’t have to release it when you pull away, it releases automatically when you put your foot on the accelerator. Better than nothing but not as good as AutoHold.

#158717 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I had an sline audi q3 with the additional sports suspension as I prefer a firmer more sporting ride. Its very soft not like a Citroën but certainly soft. The audi was older but very comfy and really solidly built even more so than the x1. But the gearbox in the bmw superior .

We drove a 67 plate msport for our test (no xlines available) and I found the suspension to be pretty good. I had a chance to chuck it around a few corners (countryside) and very much enjoyed. It certainly seemed to handle poor surfaces competently. Just hoping ours is still on for a early sept delivery…

Having had two prolonged test drives in two new 2021 facelift models, the suspension in the M-Sport didn’t feel massively different to the XLine. A little firmer yes, but not harsh like some other BMW M-Sports I have driven. However, unlike Machoco I don’t like firm sports suspensions so the XLine setup was perfect for me. Whereas we feel bumps in the Tiguan we could just hear them in the xLine. I drove both ‘keenly’ and both handled well and neither felt wallowy. The more noticeable difference was between the 2WD and 4WD versions. The 4WD had noticeably better grip and traction. In the 20i version the 4WD version also benefits from a better auto box than the 2WD. No idea why.

#158718 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The 2WD has a 7 speed DCT box, Glos Guy. The 4WD has an 8 speed conventional automatic. I’ve found the DCT box outstandingly good, never driven the 8 speed But one extra gear must help.

#158720 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

Originally I though both the 2.0 Sline anXline had the same 8 speed auto, now that’s not the case, i do now wonder if I should have gone for the x….never mind I’m sure it will be fine with my somewhat heavy foot and spirited driving!   I could cancel and re-order but the AP is higher this qrt and it would just push the order date out.

Still with the way oil prices are rising currently, perhaps the small mpg  improvement will be welcome!   (I know the reality is that there will be hardly any real word difference)

#158721 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The 2WD has a 7 speed DCT box, Glos Guy. The 4WD has an 8 speed conventional automatic. I’ve found the DCT box outstandingly good, never driven the 8 speed But one extra gear must help.

Both are excellent IMHO Wigwam, but according to the reviewers and people who know far more about the technology side than me (not difficult) the 8 Speed box is deemed to be the best you can get, and not just because of the extra gear. Just don’t ask me to explain why 😂

#158722 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Originally I though both the 2.0 Sline anXline had the same 8 speed auto, now that’s not the case, i do now wonder if I should have gone for the x….never mind I’m sure it will be fine with my somewhat heavy foot and spirited driving! I could cancel and re-order but the AP is higher this qrt and it would just push the order date out. Still with the way oil prices are rising currently, perhaps the small mpg improvement will be welcome! (I know the reality is that there will be hardly any real word difference)

I wouldn’t worry AlanBang. I’ve driven several BMW’s with the 7 speed box and it’s perfect as far as I’m concerned. As I said in my last post, I’ve no idea why the 8-speed one is deemed better still but I’m sure that the difference, as far as most people are concerned, is marginal. If I’d ordered the 2WD not knowing that the two were different I certainly wouldn’t cancel and re-order. We wanted 4WD, so the different gearbox was just a bonus (and the two factors combined probably explains the slightly better performance of the 4WD). Fuel economy isn’t a big factor for us, but no doubt the 2WD will be better in that regard.

#158764 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Aww that’s good I was worried that when we take our foot off brake to pull away our car holds the brake so we don’t roll but our van doesn’t do that and with it been first automatic I have had I have drove older automatics that did roll back I was worried that it would happen thank you for help much appreciated

#159292 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well it’s arrived at the dealers today. Needs to be cleaned and prepped for handover on Friday, but couldn’t resist a quick look as I was in the area. Had a bit of a laugh last night when I found the car on one of the BMW VIN checker sites and it showed it as left hand drive 😂 Thankfully it’s not and all specification and options are as they should be (less the Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System that there’s a supply issue with).

#159295 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Looks stunning Glos Guy. When’s the handover.

#159300 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Looks stunning Glos Guy. When’s the handover.

Thanks. Pick up Friday morning. Looking forward to driving it as the two that I test drove were diesels with 7-speed auto and this is a petrol with an 8-speed ‘Sports Auto’. No idea what that means though, as it has a separate sport mode also. I tend to always drive BMW’s in Eco-Pro mode as I find that they always have plenty of oomph in that and never need dropping into Sport mode.

#159301 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Spot the difference 😂 The new car with the car it’s replacing alongside

#159303 Reply
    struth
    Participant

a beaut.. very nice, lucky you

#159307 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

Very exciting, ☺️ Friday probably can’t come quickly enough.

#159312 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

Looks great @Glos Guy. I think personally its one of BMW best designs, very well proportioned.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#159314 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Very exciting, ☺️ Friday probably can’t come quickly enough.

Its been 17 weeks since I ordered it and it hasn’t seemed that long TBH, but that’s probably because I doubted that it would arrive before September!

Looks great @Glos Guy. I think personally its one of BMW best designs, very well proportioned.

Thanks. In spite of its age, I think it’s one of the nicest looking SUV’s on the scheme, although the refresh last year helped. I’d still prefer an X5 though 😂

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 113 total)
Reply To: BMW order X1
Your information: