BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 379 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      LordMuc
      Participant
        1961keightley
        Participant

I went with Harmon karmen (tech pack )for that reason

had a 325 d few years back put it into that

bro had a 320d standard sounded awful he retro fitted up graded speakers after hearing ours

wait nearly over build week 8 🥳

Ayzee
          Participant

some positive news…

so after changing from the sport to the m sport, my order was pushed back from around march to late june, July build.

i just checked with genius today after a couple weeks and car will now has a build date of 29th april! thats a result for me tbf, over the moon, of course subject to change but made my day

Mm7
            Participant

@Ayzee good new for you mate. Glad its not such a long wait as I know you have been waiting since September time like me

Candy1
              Participant

Finally got a reply from dealer in regards to my order placed on 4th January, now looking at build in may with a June delivery apparently.

also when I asked for order number I got this response

“We don’t have order numbers as everything is currently at a scheduled stage once confirmed we should be able to issue the order number.”

is this correct or am I being fobbed off?

72 dudes
                Participant

Finally got a reply from dealer in regards to my order placed on 4th January, now looking at build in may with a June delivery apparently. also when I asked for order number I got this response “We don’t have order numbers as everything is currently at a scheduled stage once confirmed we should be able to issue the order number.” is this correct or am I being fobbed off?

Not fobbed off necessarily but it certainly sounds like that particular dealer has no build slots available currently.

Once the factory has accepted the order and a build slot becomes available than you should get the order number.

However as long as the order has been placed with Motability and the details are in your online account, then all should be well.

Ayzee
                  Participant

@mm7 cheers buddy yes it’s been a long old wait, hopefully will be here before we know it

Candy1
                    Participant

Yea that makes sense, thanks for your reply

Matt
                      Participant

@Candy1 if the dealership have placed your order then they will have an order number which you can use to track your build through online chat with BMWgenius. I find it strange for them to say  “We don’t have order numbers as everything is currently at a scheduled stage once confirmed we should be able to issue the order number.” as when your order is initially placed and you go on genius the status of the car will show as –  The current order status is 047 – order without available dlr quota. So even though the car has no build slot it shows it shows as being accepted by BMW.  My dealership gave me an order number 2 days after I ordered the car.

Candy1
                        Participant

I do find it very odd myself, my previous two cars where Audi and I was given order information within days also.I thought it was maybe just a bmw thing.

the order is showing on my mobility account with all the correct information.

1961keightley
                          Participant

Same here but shortage of components & demand

Car manufacturers have learnt supply & demand

since Covid

JohnnyBravo1910
                            Participant

Just got an update from the sales rep @ Williams BMW. It’s in production and delivery date of 10th March.

Changed from Black Sport no options to Brooklyn grey MSport + Pro Pack. Going to get the tints done separately.

I was considering a sunroof, but shamefully bmw roof’s on their saloon’s aren’t panoramic like the Audi A5/S5 or their SUV’s like the X3/X5.

10 speaker hifi system is more than adequate. I had a heads-up display in the F82 M4 competition and imo it was gimmicky. Can’t justify the tech pack when the pro pack includes a nicer body kit, adaptive suspension and variable steering. The latter sold it for me.

Rowein
                              Participant

The BMW i4 does not come with 10 speakers on base model or Msport/Msport pro pack.

2 seperate dealerships have confirmed this and BMW genius also that it is a 6 speaker setup with 100w.

In the USA market it is 10 speaker Hi-Fi system on base model, but the European market comes with 6 as standard.

The front tweeter and speaker on the dashboard is just a dummy with no real use other than keeping the same aesthetic as all models.

Call your dealership and ask them to make sure they are giving you the correct information and not just google search which is what they are most likely doing, I would ask then to confirm with the dealership manager and enquire with BMW directly.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Rowein.
                                Ryan
                                Participant

Feel your pain. Also thought long and hard about having a sunroof or not, 1,150 seems so excessive when it’s not a proper sunroof! But i4 is quite a dark and compact cabin so it really would benefit from one I think… opted for it anyway. It would have been a dream come true if the pro pack included Harmon kardon audio system.. I couldn’t care less about the wireless charger lol

Matt
                                  Participant
                                    Elliot
                                    Participant

Must be an old review that as it’s not the slowest BMW EV. That honour goes to the iX1 20.

1961keightley
                                      Participant

It will do

£500 off at Marshall’s bmw ends 31st March

Ayzee
                                        Participant

How we all doing lads? Any updates? Any movements on dates? Still set for 29th April build week for me

AKX
                                          Participant

I am sure people expecting delivery in March will still get it on time, my delivery date is March 11th no sign of that changing. Although I’ve pushed the date to pick it up to the end of the month to get this AP together and my dealer had no problem with it.

Everyone getting their cars in 2-3 weeks please post pictures it will be nice to see all different colours and specs!

1961keightley
                                            Participant

Week 8 build next week 🥳🥳

delivery early March new era of motoring

JohnnyBravo1910
                                              Participant

I’ll be doing the same. Set to arrive 10th March but will be picking it up a week after most likely. Bit annoyed at our current sales rep. He’s changed the order over on their side but not at Motability. I’ve chased him up a couple of times and he’s been quite elusive.

Hoping that doesn’t slow down when I get it as Motability will have to send me a new pin.

Matt
                                                Participant

I pick mine up on the 1st March, I’ll post pictures soon after

Rowein
                                                  Participant

I’m due to pick mine up on 1st March, I’ve locked it in with the dealership. I told them to make sure it is registered as 24 plate which is the day of pick up!

Mm7
                                                    Participant

@JohnnyBravo1910 my dealer has also changed it with BMW but not on the motability site despite chasing him with emails and phonecalls. he says he need to call Motability, it cant be done online and its a long process and to leave it with him. My order isn’t due to be delivered until 2nd week of April so hope he does it before the 1st of April as if AP goes up again im screwed.

Mm7
                                                      Participant

also can people who are due to have their’s in the next couple of week let us know how many days it took their car from entering the factory for production to delivery to the dealer. Thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 379 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.