BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 650 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ayzee
      Participant

@AKX completely agree mate bit of a kick in the teeth, they should open it up to everyone. I’m glad I’m getting it if true it’s standard now, haven’t seen it anywhere in writing yet. But I’m glad I’ve saved £750

AKX
        Participant

@Ayzee I’m happy for you tho, you’ll be chilling on motorways, did you also opt in for the M Sport Pro? Will make your experience nice and smooth.

Also update on the speakers, now having it for 2 months yeah the HK upgrade would be nice… rather than quality it’s the volume that they’ve limited at max, sometimes wish it was a bit louder. Maybe this can be adjusted with bimmer code?

Ayzee
          Participant

@AKX I’ve been checking Facebook people who ordered before you and didn’t spec have it and people who ordered after too, might be worth enquiring about, nothing to lose I guess?

stevepresley100
            Participant

Hi all,

I’m Brand new to motability and gutted to see the I4 was introduced and removed from the scheme in March.

I’ve spoken to a local BMW dealer today, who stated it removed as they could not cope with customer demand, they are awaiting confirmation if it will be re-introduced in July based on the new quarter and new facelift.

What do we think of the likelihood of this returning based on past trends?

Many thanks.

AKX
              Participant

@Ayzee Thanks for the info, is there any way to know that the car has ACC or a way to activate it if it already has it, when on cruise and there’s a car in front it doesn’t adjust the speed to slow me down or speed up automatically but is there something that needs to be turned on?

However I did notice when out of cruise mode and on D the car is adaptive and knows to slow down if a car is in front, if not it stays rolling at high speeds.

Ayzee
                Participant

Hi! On the 24th I had an update entered paintshop status 152. No update since the 24th I checked with genius they said the same, im assuming it’s already moved on from the 152 status, its been a week do you know how long roughly I’d have to wait now? Been told 15th July by BMW which I think is a joke considering the car is probably built by now…

Ryan
                  Participant

@Ayzee any update on this?

Firecape
                    Participant

Hi guys same question here, Where would I find my order status numbers, on my side just says “The dealer has ordered your car”??

thanks

Ayzee
                      Participant

Hi @ryan still same status 152 last update 24th, i’m assuming its moved on from there ages ago and they just have’nt updated it yet, bit annoying not knowing where its at currently, when is yours due btw?

Ryan
                        Participant

@Firecape , you need to get your order number from your bmw dealer, and then use that order number with bmw genius live chat on the bmw website, they will be able to give you more specific progress on your order and estimated build/delivery date

@Ayzee
                          , mine is currently still 112 for build beginning June 24th and delivery around Mid July

Firecape
                          Participant

@ryan thanks a lot! – “The current order status is 150 – order scheduled for body shop. Your new car will be progressing into production imminently. A chassis number has been allocated” delivery expected 22nd July.

Ayzee
                            Participant

Had an update today finally since the 24th of May. Now on status 153 finishing assembly

Ayzee
                              Participant

New update status 190, hopefully be on the ship soon, maybe another 2 weeks until collection…

Ryan
                                Participant

Absolutely amazing news @Ayzee ! I’m so excited for you, I know you have been waiting a long long time and remember discussing with you many months ago, so it’s about time ! :), once it gets delivered to dealership you can either wait for them to call you or drop them a call just so they acknowledge you’re eagerly waiting. Also, I believe if you want it to be registered without a green strip plate, now is the time to inform them! (I’m not sure about this though). Please drop pics or a small review after collection 🙂

Firecape
                                  Participant

What is this green strip plate? Sounds ugly

Phaedra
                                    Participant

It’s the green marking on BEV registration plates to identify “zero” emission vehicles.

They are optional though!.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

AKX
                                      Participant

I didn’t even get the option to remove the green marking, I was told that’s how they come so I ordered 4D plates before picking it up and changed them the same day, it was a nice lil upgrade.

Ayzee
                                        Participant

Another update…status 195 vehicle reached the uk this morning not sure how long before it reaches the dealership. Landed at immingham

babysheik1986
                                          Participant

It will get to the dealers within week or so that’s what happened to me..

Participant

Another update…status 195 vehicle reached the uk this morning not sure how long before it reaches the dealership. Landed at immingham

It’ll be with you in no time now @Ayzee. Really happy for you mate 🙂

Keep us all updated on how you love your new car.

Firecape
                                              Participant

June 10 – order status 150, scheduled for body shop. Delivery expected July 22.

June 17 – order status 190, dispatched from AG.. then got a call from dealer to say it will be here next week lol that escalated quick.

Ayzee
                                                Participant

Got a call today, car will be at the dealership Friday, Monday at the latest. I’m at work next week so will be picking it up on Sunday 30th…but it’s here at least!

Ryan
                                                  Participant

Very excited for everyone. How are you all dealing with charging? Have you got an ohme set up with notability? Was it easy?

AKX
                                                    Participant

@Ryan If you have a home charger you can barely tell the difference between petrol and electric, you don’t need to charge it everyday and when you do, you can leave it in charge overnight which gives it the 6-8 hours it needs to fully charge. It has also been cheap to charge as well, I have only seen an addition of £50 a month on electric bills which is great! I used to pay 200-300 a month on petrol.

It is perfect for driving in London, maybe on road trips you’ll have to do a few stops but super fast chargers on take about 30 mins. You will definitely enjoy the ride for those waiting, also when driving in the rain this RWD car loves to slip out it’s definitely fun but also be careful out there!

babysheik1986
                                                      Participant

Congratulations mate you won’t be disappointed saw your post fb too..azure lulu..you getting yours from Coventry dealers right?

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 650 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.