BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 379 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

It’s worth asking Ryan. I have a BMW X1 X-Line and my dealer managed to bring my delivery forward by nabbing a cancelled order slot for a BMW X1 M-Sport so, in that case, it was possible.

lilcaz
        Participant

I think it would be cancel one order and place a new one for the msport – which I am contemplating. Mainly because it removes that awful cream headliner … the base msport is only £500 extra too.

Ryan
          Participant

I didn’t mind the headliner, for me it’s more to get rid off the cloth seats. Also that is true, but I do not believe the base msport comes with a tech pack, which the sport always did (a £2000 pack)

lilcaz
            Participant

I didn’t realise they were cloth seats! Guess it is considering if it would be worth loosing the tech pack for better seats, body styling and a few more colour options with different wheels.

Mm7
              Participant

Spanner in the works for me aswell. Waiting since september and also got £500 discount cashback from marshalls and ordered when AP was £4999 but that brooklyn grey colour is a want!
                i don’t know if the extra £2k difference or additional wait is worth it!
                shame bmw are increasing their AP whilst Audi are reducing theirs.

Ryan
                Participant

@Mm7 I totally understand the frustration. It is a lot harder to change once you’ve already settled on a spec too. When is yours due? I guess, we really don’t know how long the msport waiting times are. Am I being optimistic in thinking they might not be 7-8months? As @lilcaz mention, I do also think this might be a situation where the whole order will need to be cancelled and a new one raised. If they’re made in the same production line however, I do not see why the dealer cannot raise a new order with Motab and adjust the spec on the factory order slot. If they’re made in different production lines, there’s hope (maybe) that wait times are shorter than the sport (unlikely however in my opinion). As most BMW showrooms are closed today, I guess we won’t know until tomorrow

Ayzee
                  Participant

I still would rather have the tech pack than the m sport in all honesty,

Mm7
                    Participant

Ahh no wonder no one was answering my phone lol i tried calling them 5 times this morning no patience !

my order was due march 11th for delivery and got pushed back to April 8th. I spoke to a local BMW dealer as a private customer a few weeks ago and they gave me a lead time of 3 months only for this M sport model so if it means putting a new order in and waiting 3 months it works out to be the same time.

I have cheekily emailed my current dealer asking them if they can look on their system to see when the next slot is available for the M sport because i know they can see it and asked if they would honour my £500 cashback otherwise it would be a deal breaker for me.

It is so frustrating, i never wanted the tech pack before but because the sport came with it, i am use to the idea of having it and now i want it.

Ayzee
                      Participant

Tbh I don’t mind Harding the harman kardon as a seperate option.

I also added lumbar support

protection glass

heated steering to my sport order

Does anyone know if these come as standard with the m sport? Also where are you guys seeing these prices?

thank you in advance

Ryan
                        Participant

@Ayzee I don’t believe any of those come as standard with msport.

also, @Mm7 @Ayzee, the Msport WITH tech pack is available, in case this wasn’t clear

that is brilliant news on the wait time! I would be super happy if true. Be as cheeky as can be, if you don’t ask you don’t get

Ryan
                          Participant

@Ayzee, it is on the motability website, the desktop site does not show the msport models, the mobile site does

Ayzee
                            Participant

My heads spinning lads lol! Need to sit down and workout costs. Etc. what’s everyone else decided? I see the m sport is £5999 thought it was £5000 that throws a spanner in the works, especially now with motab not allowing you to extend for the extra 2 years, I can not justify the extra cost.

Will have to do some pondering and number crunching also depends if it’s a new order/new build slot or can keep the existing I guess

Mm7
                              Participant

My heads spinning too @ayzee

i dont know if i can justify spending extra £2k in total for the m sport solely for that Brooklyn grey colour option.

Sport with tech pack is costing me £4100 (with sun protection glass)

m sport with tech pack would cost me £6100 (with sun protection glass
                                what would others do? Help!

Ayzee
                                Participant

So I would be paying £4,895 for the sport including tech pack and the lumbar support,heated steering, sun protection glass. 3 options come to £900. (This includes the £750 + £250 quid deposit I paid)

Normal m sport + harman kardon = 6k (after the -750 & -£250)

Or m sport with tech pack = £5,500 (-750 & 250)

Think I’ve done that right so I could have the m sport with the tech pack for an extra £600 quid. That I can justify..all depends now on order times/same slots etc etc

lilcaz
                                  Participant

I have emailed the dealer to see if my order can be changed along with colour option … I am happy to forfeit the tech pack to gain the m sport styling and darker interior lining.  I test drove an msport e35 so if order can be changed now I will be chuffed.

Ayzee
                                    Participant

Adventurine red, tanzanite blue or dravit grey? That’s a touch choice

Mm7
                                      Participant

I also test drove a e35 m sport and really found it comfortable.

The HK sound system i can overlook but for extra £500 it comes

Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System
                                        Live Cockpit Pro with Head up Display
                                        Storage for wireless charging

is it just worth it for all 3 when really it would cost £2k more

lilcaz
                                        Participant

Colour options are fab but showing £1750 on configurator. I really want Portimao Blue!

Ayzee
                                          Participant

Do we only have the 3 colour options (tanzanite blue, aventurine red, dravit grey, plus the alpine white) is that right.

Ayzee
                                            Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have emailed my dealer with some questions</p>

regarding build slots, new applications etc etc

if it’s the same build slot I’ll be changing to the m sport with tech pack. Just told him dravit at the moment but I’m still keep on the tanzanite blue.

Ayzee
                                              Participant

I have just double checked, no lumbar support, no heated steering and no sun protection as standard with the m sport. You pretty much only get the styling elements and the headlining inside, I have emailed my dealer but I won’t be heart broken if he says not possible or long lead times. I’ll be happy to stick with my sport with tech pack, sun protection, lumbar, heated steering.

Do let us know what you guys think or how you get on 💪🏼

Mm7
                                                Participant

The brooklyn grey is what i want and thats the standard metallic for M sport colour which i assume motability will agree this is along with the portimao blue, mineral white, metallic black sapphire, mineral white all standard colours. Other colours are £1750 i doubt motability will have them included as its double the price.

Ayzee
                                                  Participant

Oh yeah my bad for some reason my configuration was showing me the last 3 most expensive colours only lol!

72 dudes
                                                    Participant

I’m sticking with the Sport.

I like the cream headlining and the Skyscraper Grey, which you can only order for the Sport.

I’m not too bothered about the M sport styling and cannot justify an extra £1000 to get it with the Tech Pack.

If they were offering the eDrive 40, I’d be more excited and in a quandary!

Ryan
                                                      Participant

In my opinion, Skyscraper Grey is the best colour. Which puts me in a situation where I prefer the MSport styling, but I would love to have It in skyscraper. Funny how the sport trim has the best colour for some people, whilst msport provides worse ( of course, this is entirely subjective).

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 379 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.