BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 650 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Mm7
      Participant

Thats actually very true when you say it like that.
        Theres no additional power or an actual upgrade to the range. P

its only the trim (which im not fussed about) and the colour which is what i wanted the most…. Starting to think i cant justify the £2k extra now.

pauld
        Participant

Nice to see the m sport added for those who gambled and waited.Figures wise though the sport with tech pack(originally £4999 now £5499)still seems the best deal financially .I nearly waitied for the msport myself.Either way if you want the i4 order asap no reason to wait now.Still think it will come off as soon as facelift ball starts to roll.Curious those who order msport what the wait times are.

joss

It’s that time of year when the chickens run around headless, trying to make the right decsion. ??????Should I or should I not? Reminds me of the clash song.

I get where you’re coming from and hope you all get what you want. Stay lucky ??

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

tvs
            Participant

Personally am happy with the i4 sport with Tech pack ordered last August. Whilst it’s nice for the BMW range to be extended I balk at the high AP for a car on a 3yr lease. Being retired it is harder to save for the high AP’s.

Looking forward to April delivery time.

Happy New Year everyone, hope it will treat us kindly.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
              2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
              2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
              2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

Ryan
              Participant

Ummm… what have a missed? motability no longer allows lease extensions? when, why? is this confirmed?

joss

@Ryan . A post was made a few days ago about this. Here’s the link to that thread so you can read it for yourself.

Motability changing policy on extending leases

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Ayzee
                  Participant

The mid-range M Sport has all the same features as the Sport trim level, plus a different style of 18-inch alloy wheel, M Sport bodykit and steering wheel, and aluminium-effect interior trim.

if that’s all you get compared to the sport, I think I’m happy with my heated steering, lumbar and sun protection glass + tech pack on the sport.

anyone know of any other differences?

Mm7
                    Participant

Yeah thats it i think thats all you get. Its mainly the trim and the badge to say its M sport.
                      I got a quote for a edrive 40 just out of curiosity a few weeks ago to see what they were offering me as a ‘private’ customer.See attached if you want to compare the difference between the sport.

the more i think about it, for the sake of a colour i cant justify it as it makes no difference to the overall performance.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Mm7.
                      Mm7
                      Participant

Ayzee
                        Participant

@mm7

yes, if I go for the m sport with tech pack I’ll have to sacrifice on lumbar, heated steering and sun protection. I’ll stick to my black sport, after having been watching loads of content on the sport I actually prefer the sport steering now, and a lot of other bits. The initial excitement of the m sport has worn off. 3 years and I’ll be seeing what motab has to offer then, plenty options to choose from hopefully! Roll on first week of march for my sport delivery!

Glos Guy
                          Participant

The M-Sport adds the following over the Sport;

– M-Sport exterior styling

– Midnight Grey Alloys

– M-Sport rear spoiler

– M-Sport steering wheel

– Alcantara seat centres

– Aluminium interior trim

– Anthracite headlining

– Driver seat backrest width adjustment (tbc – may be linked to an option)

– Portimao Blue available (gorgeous)

Plus, for an additional £750 you can get the M-Sport Pro pack (£2,375 retail) which adds;

– M Adaptive Suspension (that’s worth the upgrade alone)

– Variable Sport Steering

– 19” Alloys (upgraded from standard 18”)

– M-Sport Brakes with red calipers

– BMW Individual Shadow Line headlights

– BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim

which would look like this……

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
                            Mm7
                            Participant

Can someone explain what it means by space for wireless charging in the tech pack? Without the tech pack do you have to charge your phone by connecting it with a cable?

kezo
                              Participant

Can someone explain what it means by space for wireless charging in the tech pack? Without the tech pack do you have to charge your phone by connecting it with a cable?

Correct.

72 dudes
                                Participant

The M-Sport adds the following over the Sport; – M-Sport exterior styling – Midnight Grey Alloys – M-Sport rear spoiler – M-Sport steering wheel – Alcantara seat centres – Aluminium interior trim – Anthracite headlining – Driver seat backrest width adjustment (tbc – may be linked to an option) – Portimao Blue available (gorgeous) Plus, for an additional £750 you can get the M-Sport Pro pack (£2,375 retail) which adds; – M Adaptive Suspension (that’s worth the upgrade alone) – Variable Sport Steering – 19” Alloys (upgraded from standard 18”) – M-Sport Brakes with red calipers – BMW Individual Shadow Line headlights – BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim which would look like this……

That’s useful to see @Glos Guy.
                                  <p style=”text-align: right;”>In my book that’s a whole load of “nice to have but not necessary”, along with 3 or 4 undesirables (dark wheels, dark headlining, shadow line)!</p>

2024 - BMW i4 Grand Coupe eDrive 35 Sport
                                  2020 - Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription
                                  2017 - Audi Q3 TFSi Sport S-Tronic

Ayzee
                                  Participant

6 month + wait if you’re ordering the m sport on a new order, waiting to see if i can use my already allocated build slot, would be interesting to know.

atm £600 difference between me getting the sport with the extras i chose and the m sport tech pack

Mm7
                                    Participant

@Ayzee did your dealer confirm that it is 6 months?

Ayzee
                                      Participant

yes mate for a new order 6 months plus, more realistically around 8

Mm7
                                        Participant

Oh forget that! Cant be asked to wait another 6 months, already been waiting since September. My dealer hasn’t replied to me.

can they just not change the order and keep the existing build slot? Are you going to go for the msport?

Ryan
                                          Participant

@Mm7 I totally understand the frustration, especially since you have been waiting so long. Eventually, it gets tiresome. I really hope you will be able to adjust your current build slot for the msport variant.

do update us on what dealers are communicating with you. I am aware a new order will need to be raised with motab.

Ayzee
                                            Participant

Hi guys,

spoke to my dealer he said eventhough i have an existing build slot due to change in materials etc etc from the sport to m sport, wait time could change, he did not give me exact dates but he said could be july, my sport is due first week of march. he said if anyone else changes the order over to motab and get a date he will let me know, seems a lot of hassle tbh, might just stick.

Mm7
                                              Participant

Yes @Ryan it is frustrating because the order got pushed back as well.

Interesting to know @ayzee i think when April 1st comes, there will be new options and then we get tempted by them and it can go on and on like that. When do we stop.
                                                Might also just stick to my sport … waiting for dealer to get back to me.

Mm7
                                                Participant

I just checked my status with BMW genius and its gone to status 105 which is backwards with no production date!!

it was due in march initially and then got pushed back to first week of april now no production slot!

speechless!

Ryan
                                                  Participant

@Mm7 lost for words… maybe this was an error. Have you managed to speak to your dealer yet? is there a big reshuffle happening with orders.

Still waiting for a callback from my dealer…

LordMuc
                                                    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I am really conflicted on changing my order, to msport.  I love glos guys configuration. I would have to have a sunroof, with that dark interior, if i was to skip the oyster leather.  Would get the glass tinted 3rd party to save money. So i wonder if marshalls, would still honour the £500 discount and 20% off extras?</p>

LordMuc
                                                      Participant

The M-Sport adds the following over the Sport; – M-Sport exterior styling – Midnight Grey Alloys – M-Sport rear spoiler – M-Sport steering wheel – Alcantara seat centres – Aluminium interior trim – Anthracite headlining – Driver seat backrest width adjustment (tbc – may be linked to an option) – Portimao Blue available (gorgeous) Plus, for an additional £750 you can get the M-Sport Pro pack (£2,375 retail) which adds; – M Adaptive Suspension (that’s worth the upgrade alone) – Variable Sport Steering – 19” Alloys (upgraded from standard 18”) – M-Sport Brakes with red calipers – BMW Individual Shadow Line headlights – BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim which would look like this……

lovely. I will take one..

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 650 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.