BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 19 replies - 601 through 619 (of 619 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      yasir247
      Participant

@Ryan Can i ask you a few questions would appreciate any help on this. Did you re order with the dealer or was it with bmw direct?
        As you said yours will be facelift what spec did you choose? My order i asked for red leather seats but they put black suede seats?. My build date is 22/04 and is on 150, I wanted to maybe cancel and reorder like yourself for the facelift with the correct spec. As the car is not on Motability can i still place a order? Please can you help.

Ryan
        Participant

I’m not entirely sure how the process will work as the dealer hasn’t gotten back to me yet. But I assume if you have already been approved on motab for an i4, the order the dealer makes with the factory is independent of that. I wasn’t really after the new shape, I think they downgraded the interior ambient lighting, but my dealer said I have no option but to reorder if I wanted my H/K. I would go for pro pack + h/k (again). I think if you have already placed an order with motab before it was removed – I don’t see the issue. It is slightly confusing though in terms of packages and change of price, what happens if packages are more expensive on new shape? It’s something I would have to discuss with my dealer I guess

Participant

Two questions for the i4 owners amongst you.

1. Do you hear any noise from the front shocks when going over speed ramps? I am getting a single dull knock sound that doesn’t seem right to me but having never driven a BMW before I am wondering if it’s normal?

2. When using the rear screen de-mister, have any of you noticed the top few lines not clearing at the same rate as the rest?

Thanks

1961keightley
            Participant

I’ve read the forums about it, so not uncommon problem front suspension

take it to the dealers they should sort it

Cris
              Participant

Two questions for the i4 owners amongst you. 1. Do you hear any noise from the front shocks when going over speed ramps? I am getting a single dull knock sound that doesn’t seem right to me but having never driven a BMW before I am wondering if it’s normal?

I had this. Turned out to be the passenger seatbelt. The retainer had slipped down the belt and the seatbelt was knocking against the pillar on bumps. It’s worth a look if it’s still happening.

billy786
                Participant

Just off the phone with my dealer and been told my car is due for production in June. That being said anyone who ordered from motability with get pre facelift regardless apparently as they pulled it out before LCI was announced.  Shame as I was looking forward to the sligh possible chance of the upgrades interior option’s and new lights.

Sentoo
                  Participant

I keep checking this thread every few days to see if the i4 is back on the scheme. I live in hope..

Am I correct thinking it was on the scheme for a week or so a few months back? It’s that which keeps me from picking out a new car just yet. I’ve a year left to go on my extended lease, so fingers crossed.

72 dudes
                    Participant

I keep checking this thread every few days to see if the i4 is back on the scheme. I live in hope.. Am I correct thinking it was on the scheme for a week or so a few months back? It’s that which keeps me from picking out a new car just yet. I’ve a year left to go on my extended lease, so fingers crossed.

I don’t think so. From memory it first appeared on the scheme last July when we ordered it. It was then taken off on March 31st.

The only blip was when the M Sport joined the Sport in January this year.

2024 - BMW i4 Grand Coupe eDrive 35 Sport
                      2020 - Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription
                      2017 - Audi Q3 TFSi Sport S-Tronic

Participant

How you all liking your cars?

I’m loving that i4 TBH. It’s a bit wobbly in bends even in Sports mode but overall it’s growing on me. My range has increased from 200 miles per charge to closer to 240 and driving the same way. I am assuming that it takes time to settle on an average or maybe requires so many miles to be driven before a true average can be provided?

Phaedra
                        Participant

That and the warmer weather, my Enyaq started off at about 220-230 @ 100% during January to March but is now showing 285.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Ayzee
                          Participant

Got some good news for those waiting for your i4’s adaptive cruise control is now standard explains why a few weeks ago budest received his with it! I’m buzzing saved myself £750

Ryan
                            Participant

@Ayzee amazing news where did you hear this?

Participant

Got some good news for those waiting for your i4’s adaptive cruise control is now standard explains why a few weeks ago budest received his with it! I’m buzzing saved myself £750

That would indeed explain things @Ayzee.

Ayzee
                                Participant

@ryan

hi Ryan someone posted about it on the bmw i4 drivers uk page on Facebook, and few comments confirming on there it’s a standard feature now and loads of people saying they’ve got it and weren’t aware…

Ayzee
                                  Participant

Went to status 150 yesterday.

original order September 2nd 2023 i4 sport which was due in march.

Then changed to the m sport in January, which kicked the production date to June.

build date is still 14th June but hoping now that it’s at 150 could happen sooner.

anyone else waiting?

and those that went to 150 did you still have your build on the estimated production or did it go in sooner?

yasir247
                                    Participant

@Ayezz

I placed my order on 28/2/24 and I am picking my car on 20/5/24.

car went into 150 on  29/3/24 and with in 7 days was on the ship. I got the msport pro pack/tech/

hope this helps.

babysheik1986
                                      Participant

Mines is at status 193 anyone know how long it takes to get to dealers from hear?

spyro2000
                                        Participant

Where do I find the status of the order? Motobility website is vague

joss

Where do I find the status of the order? Motobility website is vague

In your motability account, assuming you set it up. https://www.motability.co.uk/your-account/

Joss
                                            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 19 replies - 601 through 619 (of 619 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.