BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 650 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ayzee
      Participant

BMW i4

Ayzee
        Participant

Lads that’s the black i4 sport there, with the sun protection glass I really can’t tell it apart from the m sport in the black. Apart from the steering inside. I weighed up the pros and cons and I’ll be sticking with my sport order. Just hopefully it does arrive now first week of march on the new plate…

Ayzee
          Participant

BMW i4

Glos Guy
            Participant

Don’t be automatically be put off by one person being told that it would be a 6 month wait for an M-Sport. Apart from it possibly being a complete guess, lead times will vary enormously by dealership if one has an immediate build slot allocation and another has to wait a few months to even place the order (which they won’t tell you about). When I ordered our current BMW X1 loads of people on this forum were being quoted 6-8 months. I got mine, a factory order with options, in just over 3 months.

Glos Guy
              Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I am really conflicted on changing my order, to msport. I love glos guys configuration. I would have to have a sunroof, with that dark interior, if i was to skip the oyster leather. Would get the glass tinted 3rd party to save money. So i wonder if marshalls, would still honour the £500 discount and 20% off extras?</p>

I changed the configuration again after I posted and added Oyster leather. Makes the interior feel so much bigger. I don’t like anthracite headlinings, especially with black leather. Too oppressive ?

Mm7
                Participant

This is also my concern with marshalls and the £500 cashback also which is stopping me to switch too as it did say place order by December 2023. They no longer have the offer and also the original AP was £4999 and now with m sport its £5999 so additional £1k for the upgrade for us whereas for recent orders its only £500 only

Can you update this forum if you find out from your dealer whether they would honour the cashback and I will chase mine tomorrow too and see what they say.

Ryan
                  Participant

@glos-guy you have great taste. I too added oyster leather, and quite honestly, it was one of the things I was most excited for. I really disliked the cloth seats and oyster brightened the car up so much!

Now the M Sport is available, I will change my order over as I love msport styling. But I was thinking of letting go of the oyster leather as the alcantara is a little more bearable and the AP will get extortionate… but the interior is so dark! I also added a sunroof and tinted windows to my previous trim and will port those over to msport… with msport, the oyster trim is 1,300 instead of 1500 as with the sport, but it will push my AP over the 8k territory and that is quite absurd. Sigh. These are such spoilt problems. We are extremely extremely fortunate

Glos Guy
                    Participant

@glos-guy you have great taste. I too added oyster leather, and quite honestly, it was one of the things I was most excited for. I really disliked the cloth seats and oyster brightened the car up so much! Now the M Sport is available, I will change my order over as I love msport styling. But I was thinking of letting go of the oyster leather as the alcantara is a little more bearable and the AP will get extortionate… but the interior is so dark! I also added a sunroof and tinted windows to my previous trim and will port those over to msport… with msport, the oyster trim is 1,300 instead of 1500 as with the sport, but it will push my AP over the 8k territory and that is quite absurd. Sigh. These are such spoilt problems. We are extremely extremely fortunate

Personal choice of course, but I’d have the Oyster leather over the sunroof. The problem I find with sunroofs is that you don’t even see them unless you are sat in the back – which I never am ?

AKX
                      Participant

So guys that will be getting the M Sport you can choose all colours including the more expensive 3 colours. When you send off the details of what you want they don’t question any available options you want to add.

Also if you are going for it which pack you guys prefer tech or pro?

Ayzee
                        Participant

@akx where did you get that info? My dealer did mention all the colours apart from the expensive 3 are available, as I did question regarding the dravit grey…

Glos Guy
                          Participant

So guys that will be getting the M Sport you can choose all colours including the more expensive 3 colours. When you send off the details of what you want they don’t question any available options you want to add. Also if you are going for it which pack you guys prefer tech or pro?

The premium colours should be chargeable as the extra cost over the normal metallic paints. Personally, I would go for the Pro pack and then add Harman Kardon as a stand alone option. I have head up display on my current BMW as I really wanted it, but I wouldn’t pay for it a second time.

AKX
                            Participant

@Ayzee I configured the car and sent the link so my dealer can precisely build my car I chose dravit grey, I communicated through email and he did not question it, also these are still metallic paint it just costs slightly more only because they are exclusive M50 colours that e35/40 customers may also want.

And what colour did you choose instead Ayzee?

Mm7
                              Participant

spoke to my dealer lead time wont change £500 cashback still honoured but advanced metallic colours not included.

Ayzee
                                Participant

@mm7 that’s a result. i am really tempted but my dealer telling me potentially but he did not seem certain, july has really put me off, eventhough my build slot is 3rd week of feb, i really want the brooklyn grey @AKX tech pack with the lumbar support added.

@mm7
                                  is the lead time unchanged as it’s going to be for your existing build slot?

72 dudes
                                  Participant

spoke to my dealer lead time wont change £500 cashback still honoured but advanced metallic colours not included.

Great news for you Mm7!

I’m surprised the lead time hasn’t changed.

2024 - BMW i4 Grand Coupe eDrive 35 Sport
                                    2020 - Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription
                                    2017 - Audi Q3 TFSi Sport S-Tronic

Mm7
                                    Participant

He said that the lead time wont change he just needs to change the model of the car and raise order with motability again. I said it would be a deal breaker if the lead time changed for me and also if the cashback wasn’t given and he said you placed your order before 31st December its just an amendment he needs to do. I asked him 3 times in that phone convo about the lead time as i said i don’t have the patience to wait. He said it wont change and that build slot allocated to me is still mine.
                                      He’s going to call me back shortly to tell me about why my status went to 105.

Defo changing over as the lead time was my main issue and the cashback.

Mm7
                                      Participant

BAD NEWS

he called me back and said the lead time will change, he can secure a slot for me which is expected for July but he thinks it will come in May.

Ughh! Not sure if i can wait that long

Ayzee
                                        Participant

i might have to retract my e-mail, i just e-mailed telling my dealer to change my order to the i4 35 m sport to brooklyn grey on the basis the build date does not change, he is off today will speak to him tomorrow but if it does change il stick to my black sport..

Ayzee
                                          Participant

if anyone orders the i4 in the m sport spec do let us know expected timelines etc, thanks in advance

AKX
                                            Participant

Ayzee did you order from Berry BMW in W. London? The guy handling mine is also off today but he mentioned we have a build slot already he would just make amendments to the specs as its the same e35 model and it should be okay to receive the car at the expected time (mid March) – will have more information tomorrow about the colours and time.

Ayzee
                                              Participant

Hi @AKX bmw coventry for me, that is good news about the build slot if true, just confusing because were all being told conflicting information…do let us know tomorrow when you find out more.

Edd
                                                Participant

I have a Sport on order since August which is due for delivery in March.  My dealer is also looking into whether I can use my existing build slot for the M Sport.

Mm7
                                                  Participant

the issue is once you cancel your sport and go for the m sport trusting the dealer you cant go back to the sport as this would be higher AP for some of us and waiting again on a new build slot.
                                                    debating whether its worth the risk to move to msport.

Ayzee
                                                    Participant

Yes @mm7 , hopefully we will get some clarification in due course. @edd do keep us updated, either way a great car.

Ryan
                                                      Participant

My agent is away until next week but I was able to speak to car sales manager who informed me a new slot does not need to be made, and to just wait until my dealer is back and amend the order because there will make no difference to delivery date since it’s just an amendment of the original slot… but to be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s nonsense, sometimes, I really get the feeling dealers have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 650 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.