BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 378 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      AKX
      Participant

For those who choose the M Sport Pro pack and opted out of Tech pack with Harmon Kardon, does anyone know what standard speakers come with the i4? I am hoping it’s the 10-speaker HiFi Sound System and not the base 6-speaker as it makes a difference to the ‘Iconic Sounds’ the i4 will make.

Yk
        Participant

For those who choose the M Sport Pro pack and opted out of Tech pack with Harmon Kardon, does anyone know what standard speakers come with the i4? I am hoping it’s the 10-speaker HiFi Sound System and not the base 6-speaker as it makes a difference to the ‘Iconic Sounds’ the i4 will make.

good question! I believe it’s the 10 speaker hifi as standard

The i4 offer a 10-speaker audio system with a 205-Watt amplifier as standard, while a Harman Kardon system with 16 speakers

mik3
          Participant

@Yk Thanks for the advice, I would of called into the dealership but I went with Marshalls because of the discount and its about a 2 hour drive.

Who did you order with?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by mik3.
            Mm7
            Participant

@mik3 i also went with Marshall’s mainly for the cashback and its over 70 miles distance for me. I did test drive locally st sytner and then went to marshall’s and everything was done by telephone for me.

Yk
              Participant

Just thought I would update you guys

Apparently BMW have requested dealership to stop handover on i4’s due to coolant leaks

this might affect our orders getting delayed further more

AKX
                Participant

@Yk I think it depends on the BMW dealership you’ve chosen, Marshall, Berry and others are different groups and operate separately, it doesn’t seem to have effected my order.

Rowein
                  Participant

I had the same question also as I went with the Msport pro pack and have enquired directly with BMW genuis on this matter.

They confirmed to me that it comes with this audio system as standard on the BMW i4 in the UK.

Stereo speaker system with 6 loudspeakers:
                    – 2 midrange speakers in the front door trims
                    – 2 central bass speakers underneath the front seats
                    – 2 midrange speakers in the rear door trim
                    – 100 W system power
                    DAB Tuner.

It’s a bummer as I was under the impression that it can with the 10 speaker hi-fi system and not the standard 6 speaker above.

My status code is now on 152 and is in production so it is too late for me to upgrade to the HK system which in hindsight seems like a much better upgrade and worth the £900 extra.

Not expecting much from the standard system to be honest and really regret not upgrading to the HK system when I had a chance!

kezo
                    Participant

I had the same question also as I went with the Msport pro pack and have enquired directly with BMW genuis on this matter. They confirmed to me that it comes with this audio system as standard on the BMW i4 in the UK. Stereo speaker system with 6 loudspeakers: – 2 midrange speakers in the front door trims – 2 central bass speakers underneath the front seats – 2 midrange speakers in the rear door trim – 100 W system power DAB Tuner. It’s a bummer as I was under the impression that it can with the 10 speaker hi-fi system and not the standard 6 speaker above. My status code is now on 152 and is in production so it is too late for me to upgrade to the HK system which in hindsight seems like a much better upgrade and worth the £900 extra. Not expecting much from the standard system to be honest and really regret not upgrading to the HK system when I had a chance!

Technology Plus Pack gets  Harman Kardon

Mikeydarlo
                      Participant

I’m presuming i4 s getting built now will come with Idrive 8.5.   Does anyone know if this comes with the augmented reality navigation as standard?  From what I’ve googled it feels like it might do

pauld
                        Participant

Augmented navi is on the ix 8.5 not on i4 8.5 system.

Mikeydarlo
                          Participant

Augmented navi is on the ix 8.5 not on i4 8.5 system.

ahhh bummer

Ayzee
                            Participant

Still status 111 – scheduled build week 24 around the 15th of June. Hoping it does get moved forward. Would be amazing..but we’ll see but no real changes, waiting game now.

Edd
                              Participant

Just had an update for my i4 and it’s now on 150.  So I’m assuming it’s now being built.

Matt
                                Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Edd, I went to 150 on 11th Jan then 151 -enter body shop” on 23rd, followed by 155 “assembly final/quality check” and 190 “dispatched from AG” on he same day 25th Jan so two weeks from first going 150. I’ve been told my car will be delivered week 8 and that it will be on a 24 plate. Ho0e this helps</p>

AKX
                                  Participant

@Rowein I have also spoken to BMW genius and they are not precisely aware of the car’s spec although that’s their job to know.

I spoke to BMW Park Lane one of the most popular dealers in London and the salesperson informed me that the i4 edrive40 as standard comes with the 10-speaker HiFi.

In fact if you go on the BMW configurator and select the M Sport Pro Pack there’s images of what comes in the pack but there’s also small writing that lists all the specs on the left side of your screen which shows the e35 DOES come with 10-speaker as part of the Pro pack. It seems to be like this:

i4 M Sport (no packs) – 6-speaker Base

i4 M Sport (Pro pack) – 10-speaker HiFi

i4 M Sport (Tech pack/single option) – 17 speaker HK

AKX
                                    Participant

Update: Order has moved from 112 to 150. I’m assuming all March orders are now on 150 status which means no more changes but also only 6 weeks left to pick it up!

Candy1
                                      Participant

Has anyone placed a new order this year?

placed order in 4th January.msport with pro pack.

haven’t heard anything back from dealer, is that normal(shows in my mobility account as order accepted.)

thanks

AKX
                                        Participant

@Candy1 Ask your dealer to give you the order number for the build, it will be a 7-digit number. Then you can ask on BMW genius chat to track the order status and see what stage it is at, they will give you a prediction of the delivery date as well if you request it.

JohnnyBravo1910
                                          Participant

It would be a bit silly wouldn’t it to sell a 50k+ car and provide the base spec speakers. My current private 330e msport comes with the 10 speaker hifi system as standard. It would be a joke to hear the I4 not provide it.

LordMuc
                                            Participant

@johnny, your logic is flawed, when its a BMW, everything is extra.

AKX
                                              Participant

So if you go on Autotrader and see some of the existing i4 e35 cars without HK, you can see it has 4 speakers at the front doors (2 each door), 2 in the rear, 2 in the middle of the dash, and there will be 2 subwoofers under the front seats, therefore adds up to 10 speakers.

72 dudes
                                                Participant

So if you go on Autotrader and see some of the existing i4 e35 cars without HK, you can see it has 4 speakers at the front doors (2 each door), 2 in the rear, 2 in the middle of the dash, and there will be 2 subwoofers under the front seats, therefore adds up to 10 speakers.

But are they all connected? Might they be just ready for those who opt for the 10 speaker system?

AKX
                                                  Participant

@72dudes I’m sure it will active to use, but it’s strange because although it adds to 10 speakers, on the 4 series for HiFi there’s tweeters on the door (triangle part) and one main speaker on the door panel, but the i4 has two main speakers on the door panel and no tweeters. So they both have 2 speakers each door but they are in different areas.

72 dudes
                                                    Participant

@72dudes I’m sure it will active to use, but it’s strange because although it adds to 10 speakers, on the 4 series for HiFi there’s tweeters on the door (triangle part) and one main speaker on the door panel, but the i4 has two main speakers on the door panel and no tweeters. So they both have 2 speakers each door but they are in different areas.

That does sound odd. Perhaps due to reduced noise levels in the i4?

LordMuc
                                                      Participant
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 378 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.