BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123763 Reply
    Lord Muc

Msport, White with magma red leather, tinted rears, on target for pick up end of September. Ordered in July.

#123764 Reply
    Brad

Snapper rocks blue, m sport tinted rear windows with oyster cream interior. Order in July pick up late September/ early October

#123768 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

Another Snapper Rocks Blue with Oyster leather! Great taste.

#123774 Reply
    Footloose

Misano blue M sport unfortunately no extras Ordered Beginning of August due January 2021.

#123775 Reply
    matt

msport sapphire black with black leather extras  technology pack and Harman Kardon sound system due jan 2021

#123776 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Your all lucky buggers.I would love to order one of these but as I can’t order until Q2 next year I expect the AP to rocket up in price or it will be pulled from the scheme.My prediction, price rise of £1k in Q4😢

#123878 Reply
    Mrs Kipling

Ordered third week in July. Renewal date mid October.

spoke to dealer last week. Car still showing as no build date as yet, but delivery now at mid January.

would point out that on date of order (25 July ) delivery anticipated as November. So a few delays.

So paying a deposit to secure build date ahead of official order date seems unlikely to make a difference

#123884 Reply
    Anthony

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Love the design of these, but like many cars on the list they are just too small to fit all our disability gubbins in when we go away. Enjoy!</p>

#123937 Reply
    Chris

Ordered white msport in july arriving 23rd sept, but BMW has not even had one in for us to test drive.

So I took a CLA coupe out last week, and due to my injures I could hardly get in or out, and imagine the 2 series coupe is the same/similar issues.

So Im thinking of stopping my order.

So maybe someone on here could get in touch with them and have the car in a week or so! Its a auto with heated steering, black seats

#123945 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Okay, so I know I’m going to get some flack for posting this, but… … … why would anyone order a car by looks alone & without seeing if it fits their needs when you’re going to be keeping it for 3-years?

I am honestly 100% curious!

#123946 Reply
    Chris

No offence taken! I currently have a M4, and i use the the pillar to pull myself out of the car very easily.

These grand coupes are 4 door, and im 6ft2, when i put the seat back to reach my normal driving position, the seat goes past the pillar and basically sitting in the back seats haha, so hope you can understand that? Plus when my seat was pushed back to driving position, we opened back doors on the cla, and my mrs is tiny, and she could not sit on the back seats as my drivers seat was probably less than a 10 inch gap between driver seat and rear seats.

And it was my mrs who picked the 2 series as she would be driving more often.

Hope this helps you understand 😉

Or I hope this passes your judgment.

#123947 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I ordered mine without a test drive too. But I don’t have any mobility issues. Just a sprog to fit in the back, which she comfortably does.

#123949 Reply
    Chris

Another thing to add, the sales rep in july promised us he would get us a 2 series to test drive for a few hours. That was in july its now september. And every few weeks he palms me off with ‘we still have not got one to test drive or to look at’ haha

#123956 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

Chris, did you not see it in the flesh at all? Are there any other dealers nearby who you could contact?

#123964 Reply
    Chris

Hi Jan, well they showed us the 235 i think that was the rear wheel drive version, but because It had not been cleaned due to covid, we were not allowed to sit in it.

‘If you make the order today, I will get a car for you to test drive etc in a few weeks and then you can make up your mind if you want to continue with the order’

But still nothing.

#123965 Reply
    Chris

And I was told to come down today yo take the rear wheel car out for a test drive, just to feel the hight etc out. Well I had a email saying this>>>>

Sorry I was off yesterday the car is out with service today unfortunately the car is out for a few days with a member of the service team.

#123977 Reply
    Brad

Just had a call from the Carlisle dealership that the car is on the boat over 🙂

I believe the 2 series gc is very similar drove to the 1 series. Our dealership didn’t have any 2 series to drive so he took us out in the 1 series with the same engine and m sport spec. I’ve heard from reviews online that it’s a good driving experience and sticks to the road and corners well. Have a Audi q3 atm and drives amazing.

#124052 Reply
    Lord Muc

Chris, I am surprised they let you place an order without a confirmation test drive, at least a sit in, or a guided tour, of the car or similar, it’s not always possible for a motobility customer to easily test drive a vehicle, or one is not available, you can test drive or assess the vehicle, at one dealer, and place order with another, as i believe, its motobility terms that you, sit through a questionnaire and sign a disclaimer, agreeing that having evaluated the car, that is suitable for you, or at least thats what I have had to do.

#124053 Reply
    Lord Muc

Chris, the GC is front wheel drive, or X drive, which puts a percentage of power and traction where its needed, its not rear wheel drive, if that helps, may be a misunderstanding by me, or the dealer to you.

#124056 Reply
    Lord Muc

Anthony

You maybe lucky, bmw have had a bit of a rough time over the marketing the GC, launched to nothing at the beginning of a pandemic, then some savage reviews from the bmw fan boys on you tube, and forums, “it’s not a real bmw, the CLA is better”, “it’s too expensive,” ect. They needed to get this car on the road, as hardly anyone had seen one, I think there were about 150 in the UK before lockdown, which is why I believe the AP is very favourable at the moment. With discounts, and GCB its £650, and could stay that way, for a while, the new batch is being delivered to dealers next week, it’s a good car to see and drive, imho. it will be up against the audi A3, And the MB A class, and CLA, which seem to be unbeatable in its interior and exterior styling, for this type of car, but seem to be a lot more expensive on the scheme. (Unless you start adding extra packs, ect, ) I had the CLA in my sights for 8 months, but the AP kept rising, and supply and test drive was an issue at the time, then covid, pandemic struck,  I couldnt justify over 3K AP, it has a sexier dash than the GC, but the bmw, seems better quality and built, but there is not much in it. Never got to test drive an A class but the premium models are expensive. Good luck.

#124068 Reply
    Lord Muc

Car has just come off transporter at the dealers, ready to hand over on Tuesday.  Others must be on the way.

#124071 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

Fab news Lord Muc!

#124073 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Good news and does look good 👍

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#124114 Reply
    matt

lord muc put some pics up when you get it

#124125 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Will do.</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 315 total)
Reply To: BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: