BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124361 Reply
    Azzy

I went to BMW yesterday and saw the 2gc for the first time in the flesh and I was wrong about it, I admit. I wasn’t keen on the looks before but it looked really good in that grey colour. It was a m235i but either way good luck to those who have ordered one,

my sisters were on the hunt for new cars and the 2gc was a contender but the ended up ordering a x4 40i and x3 which isn’t bad for a 28 year old and a 30 year old imo

#124371 Reply
    Lord Muc

Brad,

I am thinking, If the lights are on the wing mirror, the puddle effect would be further away, and not directly in front of you as you exit the car, as if the lights were on the bottom of the door. I guess there are none in the rear, here is my set up on the X1,, which I fitted myself.

#124373 Reply
    Brad

Looks good, if only I was as clever as you with that. I’m paying big to get my dash cam hardwired out the Audi q3 and then paying more to get it put back in the bmw when it arrives 😂

#124377 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

#124378 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

So, BMW live chat confirm that all but the base model have the special batman light 😃

#124382 Reply
    Menorca Mike

It does indeed young Jan

#124383 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

If only I was young, Mike. If only!

#124387 Reply
    Lord Muc

Brad, it was relatively easy to do, a bit fiddly as you have to lie on the drive or road, then you gently prise out the existing light, and disconnect from the wiring connector, then insert the projector lamp. Wiring is a plug, no issues with faults ect. It is really effective and a nice effect. If the GC has downwards facing door lights. I would do it again, that is as long as its warm and dry!!

#124388 Reply
    Philjb

I’m not a fan of those myself my daughters mini has them.

I prefer just a plain led light like the Tiguan and others have. I know they are under the wing mirrors but they work really well and light both side of the car front to back.

Handy for if your walking back to your car in the dark as the whole floor is illuminated.

#124391 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Aren’t they in addition to the puddle lights on the wing mirrors?

#124396 Reply
    file28
    Participant

I’m not a fan of those myself my daughters mini has them. I prefer just a plain led light like the Tiguan and others have. I know they are under the wing mirrors but they work really well and light both side of the car front to back. Handy for if your walking back to your car in the dark as the whole floor is illuminated.

Most cars have leaving/coming home lightning headlights which you can set via the cars set up setting and you should be able to vary the length of time for illumination

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#124398 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I love the puddle lights on my golf

#124415 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I always thought they were called “Dog Turd Lights”

#124462 Reply
    Brad

Any news if you got your car today lord muc?

#124490 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Review coming soon, spoiler, its fab.</p>

#124491 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Nice 18’s 👍

#124495 Reply
    Brad

Lucky bugger! Can’t wait to hear it!

#124499 Reply
    Lord Muc

#124500 Reply
    Lord Muc

Wireless android auto.

#124501 Reply
    Lord Muc

#124502 Reply
    Lord Muc

#124504 Reply
    Lord Muc

#124506 Reply
    Brad

lovley. How’s the drive experience and does it shift?

#124507 Reply
    Harry

Looks great

#124508 Reply
    matt

shame i have to wait till jan for mine i need it now lol

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 315 total)
Reply To: BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: