BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124126 Reply
    Carl

Chris, have u cancelled the 2 series coupe? Which dealership was it from?  I would be interested in having it if you were to cancel.  Thanks

#124263 Reply
    matt

i was just thinking i hope all off us who are due for jan/feb delivery get them on time as we could leave the EU with no deal or with new lockdown looming and then who knows when we would get them

#124272 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I have a hunch it may be removed in Q4.

#124274 Reply
    gillan

it won’t get taken off as they can’t shift them.

i got an email from my local dealer offering me money off. Random really as Ive never inquired.

#124275 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

i was just thinking i hope all off us who are due for jan/feb delivery get them on time as we could leave the EU with no deal or with new lockdown looming and then who knows when we would get them

I’m due to change 1st March next year, so I can choose from December 1st this year (Q4). As you say, this year will be like no other. It’s all a bit strange & very unique. First of all, Brexit will have a bearing of some sort on future AP’s and the availability of certain cars if we don’t get a deal. Secondly, the “covid effect” – factories closing down across Europe, car showrooms closed once again, etc – will also mean a much smaller choice, if any choice at all. I can only see things getting worse this coming Winter.

At least one thing is for sure; I will definitely be choosing a car in Q4 as opposed to Q1 next year… for all the reasons given above! Now all I have to do is hope that come December 1st, the country hasn’t returned to the dark days of lock-down & a Winter of discontent!

#124277 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Solent60 have you had any test drives ? I’m same as you pick up next March

#124278 Reply
    Menorca Mike

CHR design in silver 1.8 hybrid £995 my front runner

#124285 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

CHR design in silver 1.8 hybrid £995 my front runner

I guarantee you’ll be as pleased as punch with it Mike – if that’s your final choice.

I haven’t had any test drives yet. My C-HR is due a final service next month & seeing as I normally drop it off for a couple of hours or so at the Toyota dealer, I thought I would arrange a test drive in the Corolla GR Sport 2.0 and kill two birds with one stone while I’m waiting!

The new Mk 8 Golf R-Line 1.5 DSG hybrid is also on my list. My only worry is those touchscreens & lack of any physical knobs or buttons! I’ve watched countless video reviews on the car & will have to take it out for a test drive. Pretty sure I would eventually get used to all that glass.

Puma automatic is also on the list… just in case I still require something a little higher again than your normal hatchback. I’ve been told the auto version will be on the Q4 list early doors although no idea of AP.

If the new Peugeot 208 GT Line came with heated seats (or even had a stand alone option to add them), then that would have been high up my list. Alas, you have to go full leather to get them & pay a whopping £1,400 for the privilege! I don’t want or need leather seats!

Other than that Mike – not much else out there really grabs me to be honest.

#124289 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Solent Thankyou so much for all your help on the CHR I have one last question for you on the key fob you keep in your pocket can I put my door key on it has it got a key ring or is it a card ?

#124290 Reply
    file28
    Participant

I know it’s about battery replacement but does show the key

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#124298 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Many thanks looks like my house key would fit in the ring at the end cheers

#124304 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Jan, it’s a bargain on the scheme, if you get a discount, and GCB. As I explained in my previous post, the GC got off to a poor launch, and poor reviews. Hardly anyone has seen one, so I think BMW will keep it on, price may go up, but BMW seem to bounce the APs around on all models. My x1 msport, was £3k, now similar is a lot less. As soon as the new series 1, became popular the price shot up. The you-tube fan boys seem have all jumped to Mercedes, with the A class and CLA AMG varients getting massive coverage, and to be fair, their interiors and entertainment systems are second to none now. But priced on the scheme the GC is fantastic value and style, and with Idrive 7.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Picking up mine, on Tuesday, taking it cross country on wednesday. Will post a review asap.</p>

#124305 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Lord Muc please put photos on here

#124307 Reply
    Lord Muc

From an email by the dealer, on personalizing mods for the GC, a black performance grill fitted is £190, floor projector lights, with the bmw logo, £92, Red stop start button £113.

I have the projector lights on the X1, fitted them myself, great talking point, cant find the OEMs, so they will have to stay,. I am tempted by the black grill which is £120, on it’s own. Will wait to what the car looks like before jumping, not many after market mods being so new. Had loads for the X1.

#124308 Reply
    Lord Muc

Mike Will do.

#124314 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Solent Thankyou so much for all your help on the CHR I have one last question for you on the key fob you keep in your pocket can I put my door key on it has it got a key ring or is it a card ?

Fire as many questions as you like Mike. No problem at all mate !

Yes, I keep my house key on the ring that’s attached to the fob.

#124321 Reply
    Brad

Lord, I thought the lights onto the floor came with the m sport package?

#124322 Reply
    Lord Muc

There are lights but not logo projector lights, I think the puddle light is from the wing mirror. If you think something like the bat signal, it replaces the door puddle lights and you can have any logo, ie, mini, m sport, bmw. I have the bmw round logo on all doors on my X1, which I installed. I will have to check next week.

#124324 Reply
    Brad

there’s a video of the 218i M-Sport which shows the floor light in action at 3:00 min in. Is the light that reflects into the floor the one we would get as M-Sport standard?

#124337 Reply
    Lord Muc

Brad great spot,

I thought there were puddle lights, these seem to in the fold out mirrors, they are normally in the bottom of the doors, which makes sense as you open the door, the cabin lights dim and the puddle lights illuminate, I love the projector logo lights only about £15 on ebay easy to fit too. I will have to check, on tuesday. BMW are always a bit coy on the embellishments, there is a small interior led in the door handle, that illuminates the glove pockets too. I just love lights. My only concern is the dash led, ends a bit short, and not sure if has the door handle lights on the exterior, as my X1.

#124339 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

It’s worth remembering that the BMW in the video is the Australian version. Different countries have different kit of course.

#124341 Reply
    Brad

I also asked the bmw online chat if it’s standard with M-Sport, they said the “extended Light package” is standard on all M-Sport models for the 2 series GC. Who knows

#124347 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Brad, I will find out Tuesday afternoon. Just not sure how they work as puddle lights if they are shining down from under the wing mirror???</p>

#124349 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Brad, I will find out Tuesday afternoon. Just not sure how they work as puddle lights if they are shining down from under the wing mirror???</p>

Surely they’re the same thing though Lord Muc?

#124350 Reply
    file28
    Participant

I have a similar thing on my Ateca door mirrors projecting an Ateca silhouette and the word Ateca

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 303 total)
Reply To: BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: