Will you take a booster jab?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #162753 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

It looks like the government will start administering booster jabs soon it is likely you will be given a different make to those given previously. We have a GP in the family who is suggesting the majority of older people in Scotland will be getting the Pfizer jab as they received the Astrazeneca previously.

How you feeling about a booster, I’ll be taking mine.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167851 Reply
    tvs
    Participant

No, will pass on them.

This year they have had very little data to go on so they might not be as effective.

Am taking D3 & Zinc daily to keep the immune system strong. Want to keep my Oxygen saturation levels high.

#168666 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

In the strongest tradition HMG and NHS continue the balls up’s to the letter with the booster?

Got a text Monday to use the “get-a-jab” walk-in centres for the booster and the only one in south Bristol for myself is 2 miles away and that’s fine by me, have Motability car will travel.

Only thing is the web site list what jabs they have and only 1st or 2nd jabs are listed with nought for the booster. So I’m thinking there not doing booster yet at that location but checked a few other location and none of them have the booster listed either.

Go back on site today and now all the location have the booster listed however the site in south Bristol is no longer listed and the nearest one to me now is in central down town, you know the places where they don’t want you to go in your car but loads of places in north Bristol.

So sitting on the fence for now but her in doors is going to ring the surgey later to see what the score is using the normal every day walk in centres that are not listed on there web site and is where we had number one and two done.

I can see why many are giving the booster a miss.

#168670 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Got mine booked for this Saturday, a pharmacy in the middle of a small industrial area I didn’t know was there!.  Apparently they do prescription deliveries etc.

I may give them a try as my local Boots are useless, denied having the prescription for the last lot I ordered and no notification my meds were ready for the 3 lots before that.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#168672 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I’ll take the booster. I’ll do my part to get back to normality (or anything at least resembling it).

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#168674 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Got my booster and flu jag yesterday, sore arm from the booster no problem with the other arm.

#168676 Reply
    Mike Cooper

ChrisK

Im in south Bristol and am getting my booster next week at the Methodist church in British Rd Bedminster.Booked yesterday and loads of appointments available if this is more local for you.Didn’t have a reminder so just went on the NHS covid booster page.Easy 2 minute job to book.

#168708 Reply
    joss

Got my booster Jab on Sunday gone. Done at the next village 5 miles away. Very fast service. Have had a couple of rough days after the jab. Starting to feel better now. Flu like symptoms and sore joints. Glad it’s done now and out of the way.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#168710 Reply
    Brydo

Good to hear your on the mend joss.

#168744 Reply
    joss

@Brydo cheers Brydo. Forgot to mention I had the Pfizer one. Same as my 2 COVID jabs.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#168746 Reply
    Brydo

First 2 where Astra, booster was Pfizer.

#168757 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

ChrisK Im in south Bristol and am getting my booster next week at the Methodist church in British Rd Bedminster.Booked yesterday and loads of appointments available if this is more local for you.Didn’t have a reminder so just went on the NHS covid booster page.Easy 2 minute job to book.

Hi there neighbour.😀

That’s odd because British Road came up the beginning of the week but didn’t yesterday, site must have been over whelmed.

The first NHS web-site I used was ending “grab-a-jab” but I used another NHS web address ending “book-covid-booster” to book at the walk-in centre in Knowle West where I had the first two jabs so all set for end of November.

One thing to note for others going down this road is the “book-covid-booster” site gives the option of asking for Blue Badge parking and disabled access while the “grab-a-jab” site just gives you walk in off the road where there may or may not be parking.

#168760 Reply
    ajn

#168761 Reply
    ajn

👀😳

#168763 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

As if that would happen! An empty threat if ever there was one.

#168765 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Hi ChrisK

Monday 8th was the day that allowed jabs to be booked a month earlier than before,so wouldn’t be surprised if the site crashed at some point.Funilly enough I had my 1st jab at the KW walk in place but that wasn’t listed as a choice when I booked! Hoping I don’t get pounced on by the Methodist minister when I go there next week 😂 😂

#168804 Reply
    Georgie

We should be getting ours from the GP surgery at the end of this month, bang on 6 months from Jab #2.

#168830 Reply
    Jojoe

Got mine later today. Think everyone gets the Pfizer now.

#168843 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Got mine later today. Think everyone gets the Pfizer now.

Had mine last week, either Pfizer or Moderna, depending on the clinic, unless there are heart problems, in which case, Astra Zenica.

#168870 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Where’s the info for that, I can’t see anything online about it.  I have my jab this coming Saturday and have AF (Atrial Fibrilation) so would be good to know!.

#168874 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive got Angina and i got the Pfizer with no adverse reaction.

#168900 Reply
    Georgie

This on the BBC News site this morning – might be of particular interest to folks with compromised immune systems caused by the drugs they need to take:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59252739

#168916 Reply
    Jojoe

Had my booster yesterday. Got the Pfizer, only side effect is a sore arm from the physical act of being pierced by a needle.

#168922 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

Had 3 Pfizer jabs now, nothing but an arm ache for a couple of hours from each one.

#169007 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Jabbery done this morning. Had Astra Zeneca before; Pfizer this time for booster. As before, everything about the process was excellent. Staff were friendly, helpful and actually knew what they were doing and did it competently. Even offered a seat while waiting for (small) entry queue to work its way in!

#169014 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

I’m booked in for 3:25 this afternoon, says it could take 30-35mins, do you have to wait around after you’ve had it?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
Reply To: Will you take a booster jab?
Your information: