Will you take a booster jab?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #162753 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

It looks like the government will start administering booster jabs soon it is likely you will be given a different make to those given previously. We have a GP in the family who is suggesting the majority of older people in Scotland will be getting the Pfizer jab as they received the Astrazeneca previously.

How you feeling about a booster, I’ll be taking mine.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167424 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Getting fed up with government numpties telling me how I MUST get the booster, how I must do this to SAVE all the others, how it would be a BAD THING if I don’t. So why doesn’t one of the bloody numpties actually arrange for me to get it. Been over six months since the first set and heard nothing.

#167425 Reply
    ajn

Tbh Tharg, I wasn’t expecting it we’re away, my Son phoned said a letter is arrived opened it that’s the result..

As a result it seems 2 weeks out from when I had my second jab, so not too bad.

But yes hopefully they get a move on and get the appointments out to people..

#167429 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i think i read somewhere its 6 months from when you had your 2nd jab, so i should hear something around mid nov.

had the flu jab already so seems silly not to go the whole hog with covid, esp given the rise in infections.

#167443 Reply
    joss

Still awaiting mine…

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167447 Reply
    ajn

Hopefully letters in the post for many on here or soon at least 👍

#167458 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Well if it’s 6 months then hopefully mine should be due in about 2-3 weeks.

Only good news I’ve had is I finally got to see a physio (as recommended by the orthapaedic surgeon I saw about 4-5 months ago), he’s agreed my shoulder is still pretty bad and needs quite a bit of work but can’t do anything until the insurance company sign off on it.  Still no sign of the appointments I was promised with the neurologist and cardiologist though.

One thing he also noticed is that I’ve lost a lot of muscle/mass on my left leg,  it’s very noticeably thinner than my right.  Probaby because of the increased reliance on using a walking stick since the accident.  He’s suggested a range of excercises to try and build it up again.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#167486 Reply
    POPS

I had a Pfizer booster jab last Friday, and a Flu jab two weeks before that.

A study was released by Pfizer last Thursday giving results of a 10000 person trial of people who had previously been double jabbed.

5000 of the test group were given placebos and there were 109 cases of covid recorded in this group of 5000.

The other 5000 recipients were given the Pfizer booster jab. There were just 5 cases of covid recorded in this group of 5000.

The trial results are simply astounding and very informative.

I’m not going to advise people to have the booster jab because that must be your own personal choice. I can only speak personally of my own current vastly reduced stress levels, knowing that I have done my best to protect myself and those I come into contact with.

Stay well everyone.

#167496 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well said, POPS. Pity that so many of our Mk 1 General Public don’t approach these issues with such a mindful and balanced approach.

#167513 Reply
    POPS

tvs, I’ve removed your link to a potentially dangerous anti – vaccine site which you referred to as “interesting government news”. It is nothing of the sort and I suspect that you know this. It is lying scaremongering of the worst kind.

Please refrain from linking any of these sites on this forum, as they lie and distort to suit an anti – vaccine agenda on a daily basis.

I can’t believe that you thought it appropriate to post such rubbish on a forum that is visited daily by our posters and browsers, who have or care for people who have multiple health issues. The article you linked is designed to scare and cause distress to vulnerable people.

Any further ill advised posting will be viewed very seriously by our moderators.

#167516 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Well, I will be 6 months and 1 week on Thursday. Nothing by text or post yet and still not able to book on the NHS website.

#167519 Reply
    tvs
    Participant

Have serious heart issues myself, so have looked in depth into the the known effects on these experimental mRNA drugs. Take a lot of medication daily and have a complete set of vaxs over the years.

Am not anti vax, but am concerned over the safety of rushed out, never been used on Humans dRNA drugs brought under Emergengy measures.

The Medium and long term trial data has not been done.

The various Covid mutations (Cov19 has been and gone) have the same motality rate as Influezer. NHE figures.

It is wise to consider your personal health before action. It’s your body and your choice.

Stage 3 trails do not end till 04/2023.

I decided to wait and see follow up data before deciding if it is necessary and safe.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2021-09-10/debates/9DC43CAE-0728-4000-8AB7-7B2B8156DAA3/details#contribution-0DA921B9-ABA9-4D8C-9528-266449CA67FA

#167522 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

If you are concerned over MRNA vaccinations, I’m sure you could ask to  get the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab.

#167547 Reply
    Daf

tvs don’t know where you are getting your information from but to say the mortality rate of covid is the same as the  flu is quite simply grossly inaccurate.

All medications have side effects, however compared to the effects of catching covid they pale into insignificance.

I and my family will be grateful to have the booster and I have a feeling it may become a annual occurance.

#167626 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Contacted by jab booking service this morning. Text msg to mobile from central booking agency offering booking through website. Tried it but closest centre offered was 30 miles away (there is one two miles away at which we had first jabs). Also offered phone booking by dialling 119. Didn’t try this as suspected same sort of problems with site.

However, also got a mobile msg from our GP surgery. This gave a click-through to booking number. Tried this. Around four minute wait to connect. Got a real person with some brains. Booked at local jab-centre for about a fortnight from now. Conclusion? Use the GP route if you get the offer.

#167629 Reply
    ajn

Booster jab done (Pfizer), slight ache in the shoulder muscle as usual otherwise fine..

Quick process no hold ups..

Hopefully anyone expecting and wanting the booster will be soon contacted..👍

#167633 Reply
    Brydo

Guys when did you get your second jab? I am approaching 6 months since mine and I’m trying to predict when my top will be given.

Doctor surgeries up here are taking nothing to do with the top up or flu jab this year, according to my surgery, so it seems it is down to the NHS to organise.

#167637 Reply
    joss

@Brydo 23/04/2021 I think I am over due. I got my flu jab done at local chemists. No queues no hassle and free.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by joss. Reason: added more text

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167640 Reply
    brydo

@joss I was 1st May, so not 6 months yet. I would give them a call if I were you, sometimes you can get lost in the system.

#167641 Reply
    joss

Yeah but who do you call Brydo.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167642 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Joss – you could try dialling 119. Or try website : nhs.uk/book-covid-booster

On site it says even if you have not been contacted but still hit the criteria you can do it through there.

#167649 Reply
    ajn

Just checked my mms reminders, one stated the 2nd jab date was brought forward to 15/4/21, and had my booster 18.20 yesterday, pretty much on target..

#167661 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

you can book on the nhs website.

just need your nhs number and dob.

it says 6 months and 1 week after your 2nd jab you can book.

so mid nov for me.

#167691 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

If you cannot book your booster Jab online calling 119 is a waste of time. I am exactly 190 days today and could not book online this morning and wasted 30 mins on hold etc to 119. The system did update this afternoon so have now booked for next week.

#167848 Reply
    Brydo

Blue envelope arrived this morning, Flu and Booster jab on the 8th of November.

#167849 Reply
    ajn

Hhhmmm never had the flu jab ever, never been offered it either…

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
Reply To: Will you take a booster jab?
Your information: