Will you take a booster jab?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #162753 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

It looks like the government will start administering booster jabs soon it is likely you will be given a different make to those given previously. We have a GP in the family who is suggesting the majority of older people in Scotland will be getting the Pfizer jab as they received the Astrazeneca previously.

How you feeling about a booster, I’ll be taking mine.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #162768 Reply
    joss

Yes Brydo, I will also be taking mine to. Is it going to be combined with thee flu jab, or separately?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#162772 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

They are talking about both at same time joss, one in one arm and one int other.
    COVID is spreading rapidly up here joss my son in law has it and the grandkids school is heaving with it. I can see restrictions being reintroduced up here soon.

#162775 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Yes indeed, I’m in the high risk group so will take whatever is on offer! 🙂

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#162777 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i will be there as soon as its available, its gone mad round here.

a group got a bus together 25 of them to go and watch derby, 24 of them ended up with covid after their lads weekend. so i am not taking any chances not that i would pay to see derby lol.

#162794 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Absolutely definitely – IF we get offered one. Saw some top bod (Pollard??) from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation being interviewed on the Beeb about 10 days or so back. He was giving a typical politico’s non-answer to everything. However, as far as I could make sense of anything he was saying, he seemed to be looking  for reasons why our beloved Government/NHS should NOT give a booster. Oh, and whatever the outcome, it won’t be his fault.

#162797 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Government has just bought 50,000,000 Pfizer jabs so get ready to be jabbed if you had the AstraZeneca previously.

#162803 Reply
    Rene

Yup. Both of us. I didn’t get autism from the first two jabs, and i didn’t become magnetic either (/s) – so no reason not to.

#162804 Reply
    Georgie

Yes.  Definitely.

I’m not allowed to have injections in my right arm, so I guess it’ll be one in the left arm and the other . . . ahem – elsewhere.

#162810 Reply
    joss

Any body got a spare car tyre inner tube for @Georgie ? 🕳💉

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#162811 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Do I take it, therefore, that if you had the AstraZeneca  first time, then you score the Pfizer one for the second hit? Will I still get to see the giant, telepathic lizard-gods from Betelgeuse V that they send with the AZ?

Haven’t got a tyre inner tube. There’s an old tyre foot pump in my boot. Pressure gauge OK. Will that help?

#162812 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tharg the reasoning behind it is that the body will start to ignore the vaccine if regularly injected hence the change to Pfizer if you had AstraZeneca and vice versa.

#162816 Reply
    Georgie

I have my own spare tyre, thanks, Joss! 😀

#162819 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

My mum’s in hospital and the hospital has just stopped all visiting 😞

#162848 Reply
    joss

I feel for you both @Brydo. I know from when I was in hospital and no visitors allowed. It was awful. Yes you still have the phone option, but it’s just not the same. Hopefully, your mum wont be in for to long.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#162858 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Our sympathies, Brydo. Know exactly how frustrating it is for the (non) visitors and traumatic for those incarcerated on wards.

#162913 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Yup, we will have the booster jab gladly , and we don’t care whether it’s AZ or Pf, as long  as it gives us some additional protection, we don’t ask who made our flu jab or any other vaccine.

We don’t ask, and we don’t know who makes our flu jab, or a jab for any other condition, we just get on with it frankly- far too much has been made of the differences in different makes of Covid injection, by a news hungry press! ( news at any cost, the worse the better –  who cares, well, journalists don’t seem to )

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#162915 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tharg they changed their mind, back to visiting today, confused? me too.

#162927 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Confused? The NHS is always going to leave you like that. At least you can visit now. Go for it. Double-jabs needed to come out without Covid though…

#162955 Reply
    Daf

I was looking forward to the booster as someone said it could make you magnetic. My first thought was magnetic to the opposite sex, had a quick look in the mirror and realised that was to say the least, unlikely but then I thought of becoming a real life Magneto from the X men lol.
    Where do these idiots get these outlandish ideas from?

Brydo hope Mam is home safe and well soon mate.

#162958 Reply
    ajn

Yes if offered we will be having the booster..

Hope all is well with your Mum Brydo..👍

#162960 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Daf just waiting to hear from the surgeon as to whether or not she is a suitable for a heart valve replacement. She is a bit weak just now after falling a month or so ago and breaking her pubic bone. Then she had a chest infection and fluid in her lungs. So a bit frail but I think the heart procedure will help her all round health so fingers crossed.

#162962 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I’ll def take a booster when it’s offered , be daft to after taking the first 2

i got Pfizer first time round

hope your Mum is doing well Brydo 🤞🏻

When life hands you melons...,
    Make melonade!

#163035 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I’m definitely taking the booster, silly not too really. I’ve been having the flu jab for the last 15 years.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Will you take a booster jab?
Your information: