Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121568 Reply
    Georgie

“. . . the quite sizeable Toad King”  That’s an excellent title for a book/game character!  A refugee from ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’.

” . . . actually found black jack ones on special in iceland”  Seriously?  Actual aniseed ‘Black Jack’ ice cream?  Gotta tell DH about this – he loved Black Jacks when he was a lad.

#121569 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Black Jack’s? Good grief, how long before Woke activists start demonstrating outside Iceland?

#121578 Reply
    Georgie

Wait until the LGBTIQ hear about Fruit Salads – Four for a penny!

#121582 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

they do fruit salad ice creams too lol. theyre on offer as well.

#121583 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Very hot here just in underpants and cap in garden

#121584 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

_

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by mitch.
    #121586 Reply
    Tharg

Toad King as a book/game character… Yup, I thought, she’s right. Plots forming inside head; start choosing artist. Then realised that already done, by a couple of friends/fellow writers as “The Ballard of Genghis Grimtoad”. Much overlooked piece of fantastic quality strip-work, probably available as a collection.

#121600 Reply
    Tharg

Kitchen temp at 5am was 24C; now 30C and climbing. Yesterday maxed at 39C kitchen and 30C in-car thermo. So, it’s a bit warm then. Taranis, so- called god of thunderstorms, ignored entreaties but Beeb weather deity say we might get some in south tomorrow or Thursday.

Take it easy, everyone. Far too hot to do anything even mildly strenuous. That said, Madam T walked to beach in afternoon yesterday and paddled! Chosen beach deserted because it was accessible only by walking; nearest car park over half-mile away.

#121616 Reply
    Georgie

Slightly less boiled today, if only by a degree or two.

Yes, the Storm Deities toy with us.  This morning the BBC weather website said there was a 40% chance of thundery rain this afternoon , but even that glimmer of hope was squashed half an hour later.

And they keep extending the end date for this wretched Heatwave.  It was originally going to be over by Monday, then by today, and now they’re saying not until Thursday and I’m out of ice cream and Pepsi Max!  🙂

#121617 Reply
    Georgie

Mitch – Have you tried Maxibons?  The local Corner Shop stocks them and they’re well good!

“Maxibon is a brand of ice cream sandwich made by Froneri. It consists of a block of ice cream containing small chocolate chips with one end covered in chocolate, and the other sandwiched between two biscuits.” (Wikki)

#121618 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

its warming up now,even with the aircon on its up to 26 today.

more ice cream required.

#121633 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Very humid here was 33 this afternoon I love this weather think of the long dark winter second lockdown

#121646 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Thunder and heavy rain here at the moment

#121648 Reply
    Georgie

Down here they’re saying there’s a 25% – 40% chance of thundery rain from 3 pm onward, with similar odds for the next four days.

#121652 Reply
    joss
    Participant

3:30am this morning a fantastic display of sheet lightning. No rain no thunder just sheet lightening.

Stood outside watching nature at its best. Boy it sure lit the sky. Multiple flashes at the same time. Lasted a good 40 minuets.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#121657 Reply
    Tharg

I’m giving up on ancient and/or pagan weather gods. No thunder, no lightning, no delightful downpour. Just hot: 25C at 5am; now 30 and rising. Slight breeze to push the aircon . Think I will promote the Toad King to Toad God and see what he can do. Will try to get permission for photo tonight although his press office aren’t answering right now.

#121668 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Very hot here sun out 31 degrees already no carol on breakfast has she gone weight watchers early morning class ? Louise looked lovely again

#121674 Reply
    Georgie

Thunderstorms postponed to 8pm onward.

Give my Regards to the Quite Sizeable Toad King, Tharg.  If he’s got any sense he’ll be laying very low under a lovely cool, damp bush.

#121684 Reply
    Georgie

ALL HAIL THE THUNDER TOAD!!!

ALL HAIL THE THUNDER TOAD!!!

HE BRINGETH THE RAIN AND HE BRINGETH THE THUNDER!!

PRAISE HIM!!!

#121685 Reply
    Georgie

HE TURNETH THE DAY TO DIMNESS!!!

HE BRINGETH THE HAIL!!!

THE GUTTERS OVERFLOWETH  WITH HIS BOUNTY!!!

(Steady on, old boy.  Some of those hailstones look a bit . . . err . . . substantial . . . )

(Seriously.  That’s not good for the wheat.) (

Phew.  We’re back to the raineth.)

#121693 Reply
    Tharg

Glad that the Thunder Toad has proven his mighty worth to ye of a more westerly persuasion. The Ferring Tesseract remains thunder-free but the magick all-seeing eye of the weather-radar nymph shows some promising dark stuff over Le Harve pointed this way.

Hope that the great and warty one gets deified digit out and bevisits us with a great banging, crashing and wetting. (bevisits? is that a word?).

#121709 Reply
    Tharg

Radar n ymph now saying 10.30pm over us. Going out now to see if Thunder Toad has come down to greet the minions…

#121712 Reply
    Tharg

Yup. He came out to process around the grounds. Sadly, he forgot to wear his crown (and, so far, to deliver promised storm!)

#121723 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Doors open letting yesterday’s heat out I hope for more of the same I love it would live in Spain but coming out of Europe virus etc etc etc that’s not going to happen

#121726 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Mike we have been very lucky up here having missed the very high temperatures you guys have endured.
    We have had mid twenties and that’s too hot for me. High teens is good for me if anyone can fix that 😂

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 601 through 625 (of 722 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: