Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

This topic contains 479 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Tharg 22 hours, 10 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 479 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114251 Reply

Tharg

First non-scorcher for some time. Temperature about 10 degrees down (to about 17), medium amount of cloud and chance of rain later. Nevertheless, still very pleasant, relaxing weather.

#114253 Reply

joss
    Participant

Morning Tharg

It’s raining up here and dull. Change is good and a bit of wet stuff for the garden helps too.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#114256 Reply

Brydo

Heavy rain overnight but dry now, mild, overcast, and calm just the way I like it.

#114257 Reply

Tharg

Just started to rain. Big-drop warm summer stuff. V NIce. Lawn going “Aaaah! Thanks …” Me too – get a rest from hauling watering can to and from hydrangeas.

#114259 Reply

Georgie

The 96% chance of rain between 7 and 8am didn’t arrive, but it’s just about raining now.  Unfortunately I doubt there’s enough to make a difference.

Oh well – back to the watering can . . .

#114261 Reply

Tharg

Just saw latest Beeb weather: lots of blue bits splodging along the Hants and Sussex coast. Might get lucky…

#114265 Reply

Georgie

Heavy rain tends to skirt us here.  Clouds go either up and over, following the Surrey Hills and dumping their contents on Guildford and the A25 towns, or down across the Downs and along the coast.  Watching thunderstorms is like sitting on the net-line at Wimbledon – north whack!, south whack!, north whack!, south whack! . . .

It is nice to be cooool, though.  😀

#114382 Reply

Tharg

Mornin’, Joss, Brydo, Georgie (seems to bejust us four in the weather section)

Much more German bird today (Claudia). Chilly too, in contrast to yesterday (16C on car gauge, 25+ in kitchen). Loads of wet stuff overnight for which one’s lawn is grateful. Still have to do watering can thing on hydrangeas though – greedy fellows!

#114383 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

50% chance of rain here all day, which I don’t mind too much after the baking hot sun.

We have a mixed couple of weeks coming up so I can expect any conditions.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#114389 Reply

Georgie

Plenty of dark clouds, but only 1% chance of rain, according to the BBC Weather website.

DH has had to start watering the bamboo, now, because its leaves are turning yellow.  It’s 15 ft high and spread about 10 feet along the fence, so it’s drinking a lot of water.  He’s out lugging the 10 litre watering can while I drift around with the baby 3 litre can, trying to save the rhodies and encourage the apple tree – which is looking unusually fruitful this year.

Eh up – Sounds like the Waitrose lorry has just pulled up.  Cold or not, bring on dem Fudge Brownie ice cream cones!  😀

#114406 Reply

joss
    Participant

Just back from renal unit where I had an iron infusion. Looks a bit like Baby Bio only for humans though. Feel Blurh, just like the over cast weather. At least it is dry.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#114407 Reply

Brydo

13 degrees and heating is on.

#114445 Reply

Tharg

Car temp gauge today said 14.5C. Feels much warmer though; not hit the central heating yet, Brydo. Inside temp kept up by conservatory/kitchen which has a greenhouse effect on rest of pad. At least, I hope the moderation in weather made your hospital trip a bit more bearable, Joss. And as for fudge brownie ice cream..? That is deeply sinful, Georgie. You will go to hell! (Did you ever try that Grom chocolate ice cream from Waitrose? Having it tonight with pears poached in red wine and Amaretto.)

#114547 Reply

Brydo

Been a walk today, sunny out but cool and very windy.

#114549 Reply

Georgie

Hope you’re feeling a bit better today, joss.

Don’t let Trump hear your treatment is a bit like Baby Bio, though, or he’ll be advocating it as a miracle cure for . . . whatever thought floats into his tiny brain while he’s burbling on Twitter, or in the middle of an important Press Conference –  “. . . Covid . . . women . . . golf . . . women . . . sex . . . burgers . . . Covid burgers . . . women . . . golf sex . . . women burgers . . . nukes . . . nuke Covid – could be something there . . . golf . . . ”

#114555 Reply

joss
    Participant

It’s cold. It’s wet and a bit windy here. ** Both out side and in side. Water is dripping through the ceiling**

I don’t need this right now. Insurance will cover but it’s turning into a nightmare. Emergency plumber came out. Huffed and puffed before he decided he could do nothing. Reason being leak is under the bath.!

Need to send out a search and locate team. No FFS please. Ceiling is artexted. Out comes the crucifix. Can’t touch that mate he says. Have to send for special team to test.

I am going to bed.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#114605 Reply

Tharg

Really crap luck, Joss. Hope you get it fixed soon.

#114693 Reply

joss
    Participant

Just to brighten this cold dull and wet day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-52913521/meet-the-street-artist-making-us-smile-during-the-pandemic

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#114696 Reply

Tharg

Bright, warm and not so windy here at the moment; wetter later apparently. Everything brightened by that video, Joss. Great fun. And, Georgie, your “Trump-think” piece made my day!

#114965 Reply

joss
    Participant

Today is dark due to very over cast sky. Light rain through the night, but no rain today so far.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#114973 Reply

Tharg

Hi, all. Hadn’t forgotten this nice place. Been a bit busy (mostly struggling with ordering online supermarket stuff). Today here is mixed. Brisk north-easterly but not too cold. Quite mild really; when sun is out it is really quite warm. Some mild gardening called for this pm if it stays dry.

#114982 Reply

Georgie

Cool and breezy.  Moderate rain last night, which was good news for the lawn.

Groceries were delivered this morning, and Waitrose only sent half the milk I ordered and none of the bread rolls, so I had to dash off an email to them asking them for a Refund.  Looks like I will be drinking a lot of tea this week and very little coffee, which I make 80% skimmed milk.

I was hoping for a run down to Hayling Island tomorrow morning – I find watching the windsurfers from West Beach car park is particularly entertaining when it’s windy – but the forecast is currently saying thundery showers for tomorrow a.m.

Still might go if the weather update changes for the better, though it will be Low Tide.

#115130 Reply

Tharg

Bright, sunny, warm, light cloud. Forecast says some rain later but not before I trim the recently rained-upon lawn!

#115137 Reply

Georgie

Nice at the moment.  Windows are open, birds are singing, eating seed and fat balls, bathing in the birdbath and the water bowl . . .  I’ll have to change that water in a minute, I think.

DH is making bread this morning while I’m doing general laundry stuff.  Gonna make Mackerel and cheese sarnies for lunch.  Meatballs with spaghetti for dinner, with some garlic bread.

#115189 Reply

Tharg

Much the same here, Georgie. Clouds just cleared, bright sun, warm. Going to be quite pleasant. Bit more mowing this afternoon. Cooking chicken this morning to have cold with some proper Jersey Royals and steamed pouting sproccoli this evening. Cheese and mackerel? That’s new to me, sounds good. Pity we can’t get fresh local-caught mackerel here; the boats concentrate on the expensive stuff like sea bass and skate; mackerel doesn’t make ’em any money. Maybe I should invest in a fishing rod? Or a boat… Hmmmmm.

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 479 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: