Volvo xc40

• Creator
    Topic
    Ellyr5
    Participant

Hi, not new to the forum but cannot recall username or password so have registered again! The forum is as always forever helpful.

Ive just signed up for a Volvo xc40 petrol automatic soft hybrid in Pearl white after a great test drive and excellent service from ‘Ben’ at Crawley showroom. Was a little tempted by the pale blue but it seemed a little too flat for me and I always love white! Felt very informed, valued and happy with our choice. May date given but I’m not banking on that but was assured to contact him anytime for updates. Seamless application accompanied by coffees.
      Currently have a Peugeot 3008 and will be happy to wave it goodbye but my other half not as much so! ?

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 604 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Afternoon All, 🙂 Ive had an email from My Dealer this morning (Preston Dealership) My car is finally on the production line, Status Online, he will email at weekend to say if it’s been despatched yet. Order date 2/2/23. ☺️

Fabulous 😀 at last! Hope I get notification at the Friday.

Id bet my bottom dollar you do Karen, 🙂

Summing up in my opinion, December orders like Ours, (Mine originally) but cancelled to get the lower AP where just in such mass orders they could not cope, no communication down to the dealers, so limited/non to us, instead of holding their hands up they just tried to wing it, and it all went wrong,

My order now, from Feb 2nd to being built June 11th I’d have been more than happy with timescale and communication.

I wonder how UncJ is getting on with the Merc order? I hope he pops back on to let us know. I feel as though we and a few others are the originals on here through the Volvo Saga 😂

jOhn
        Participant

Just got told that one MY24 XC40 ordered on 5th January can be picked up next Tuesday, 1th June. Not sure if it is MY24 or 25.

Got information on another XC40, exact same dealership (Edinburgh) – ordered 5 days later on 10th January. “Car Build date is the 13/06/2024 and the planned dealer delivery date is the 26/04/2024. Once the car arrives i will give you a call to organize a hand over date.” A telephone call corrected the delivery date to 26/6/24

So, first car ordered on 5th January delivered and picked up on 11th June.

Second car ordered from same dealership on 10th January still for build today (13/6/24) and delivery 26/6/24.

DEV1545
          Participant

Good afternoon all, I have been monitoring this forum for a few months now, due to my disbelief at how inept this agency model is. Having just been welcomed to the Motability scheme in November 2023, I ordered my XC40 from Volvo Exeter in December 2023, with a delivery date of March 2024. I planned my work and travel around this date due to Volvo being an efficient, honest and well oiled machine. I have well and truly learnt my lesson! March came and went with no word. The branch could not magic up any info and seemed frustrated at the lack of communication and also having to deal with me! I cant blame them. I abhor poor customer service and no communication, there is absolutely no need for it. I made a complaint to Volvo and got the bog standard, we are not upholding your complaint, issues globally with car production, speak with Motability they are the customers blah blah blah. Motability said they could not offer any answers and suggested I spoke to the dealer, who said Volvo Head Office were the only ones that had any info. This has been going on since March. This week I had one last push before I cancelled the order I emailed Volvo complaints and copied in the new Volvo Consumer Managing Director UK and as if by magic I have just had an email from my dealership to say that the car is now in the UK and no longer sitting dockside in Zeebrugge and they hope for it to be delivered early next week. If people are at the end of the line with Volvo, perhaps try this tack! Anyway, I hope you all get your XC40’s soon and I will see if mine turns up next week, although scouring the skies for a squadron of pigs. Good luck all.

Participant
               I wonder how UncJ is getting on with the Merc order? I hope he pops back on to let us know. I feel as though we and a few others are the originals on here through the Volvo Saga 😂
              Car now at dealers and ready for handover next Thursday.  This is all most overwhelming right now after waiting 6+ months with nothing happening with useless Volvo. 😁
              Participant
                Car now at dealers and ready for handover next Thursday. This is all most overwhelming right now after waiting 6+ months with nothing happening with useless Volvo. 😁

Wow UncJ that’s amazing! 2 weeks from test drive to collection well 3 if it’s next Thursday but wowzers so happy for you mate.

Mines built just awaiting despatch email 4 months later 😂

@Nshaw any news on your build date (today)? 🙂

davidTLB
                Participant

Mrs L83,  sorry for the delay in answering, picking my car up on Monday afternoon!  Order date 3 Jan 24.

My dealer has tried to flog me the ‘enhanced protection’ for interior and exterior for £600, i refused, as i am a Yorkshire Man and VERY tight!!

MissE24
                  Participant

I have an update on mine, my build date is the 26th of june, and it “should” be delivered to the uk on the 5th of july. However he said realistically it’ll probably be the second week of July, so i shall sit tight. I sent emails and called but no response, so I paid them a visit and got the information. Not long now and it’s the 2025 one, which i don’t mind.

Participant
                      Car now at dealers and ready for handover next Thursday. This is all most overwhelming right now after waiting 6+ months with nothing happening with useless Volvo. 😁

Wow UncJ that’s amazing! 2 weeks from test drive to collection well 3 if it’s next Thursday but wowzers so happy for you mate. Mines built just awaiting despatch email 4 months later 😁

No, it will be 2 weeks not 3 since ordering as I ordered late pm on Wednesday 05.06. In fact I could have had it this week if not for the Motability “4 day rule”. 😁

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar photoUncJ.
                      Ellie
                      Participant

Did a test drive of the XC40 Recharge on Friday. We both really liked it, lot more comfortable than the Ioniq, Enyaq and Niro. Plus easier to get in and out of.

Was told 4 – 6 months to order unless one in the network. Must admit I’m confused about whether powered passenger seats are included – they were on the test drive version, but are not in the MY24 spec list. Does anyone know if the MY25 have them? Heat pump is another area of confusion.

I suspect unless we are very lucky we will have to go for a build. Shame the top spec isn’t on the scheme, that sunroof looks great!

Be glad to hear about ordering experiences with Volvo. 🙂

Kia Soul 2020 EV

Participant

Did a test drive of the XC40 Recharge on Friday. We both really liked it, lot more comfortable than the Ioniq, Enyaq and Niro. Plus easier to get in and out of. Was told 4 – 6 months to order unless one in the network. Must admit I’m confused about whether powered passenger seats are included – they were on the test drive version, but are not in the MY24 spec list. Does anyone know if the MY25 have them? Heat pump is another area of confusion. I suspect unless we are very lucky we will have to go for a build. Shame the top spec isn’t on the scheme, that sunroof looks great! Be glad to hear about ordering experiences with Volvo. 🙂

Hi Ellie, just checked and the only model available on Motability is the Plus trim which indeed does come with a powered drivers seat and a heat pump too. Cracking spec overall and much more included compared to the petrol version. You get adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring, pilot assist etc, etc. they have recently renamed it as the “EX40″ and yes that is all MY25 model too. Take a look at the Volvo configurator to get the full specs of the car.

My experiences are well documented both here and another forum and they’ve really not been good. Ordered an XC40 Plus 2.0 first week of December and still not had a car or a confirmed delivery date so I cancelled my order and now have a Mercedes CLA to pick up later this week.

Ellie
                          Participant

Hi UncJ

Many thanks for replying and your thoughts about the spec.

Very sorry to hear your experience, I’ll go back and read what happened. Ordering a car seems to be a bit of a lottery, massively disappointing for you to have no car after waiting 6 months. I know I would not be at all impressed!

I do hope you are pleased with the Merc and it suits your needs 🙂

Kia Soul 2020 EV

Ellie
                            Participant

@UncJ

Just a quick update. Volvo rang me today to say that they had a stock XC40 Recharge which should be available to collect by 13th July.  It’s in the green which is what I wanted, so I’m very pleased.

It’s MY24, but I’d much rather have a car in the next month than the uncertainty of waiting for a factory build. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong as the wait for a factory build is 4 – 6 months, I was told. So far the staff at the dealership have been very helpful.

I’ll keep you posted!

Kia Soul 2020 EV

Participant

@UncJ Just a quick update. Volvo rang me today to say that they had a stock XC40 Recharge which should be available to collect by 13th July. It’s in the green which is what I wanted, so I’m very pleased. It’s MY24, but I’d much rather have a car in the next month than the uncertainty of waiting for a factory build. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong as the wait for a factory build is 4 – 6 months, I was told. So far the staff at the dealership have been very helpful. I’ll keep you posted!

Sounds good but … Unless things have changed very recently Volvo UK would not allow any stock cars to be used for Motability orders. ALL Motability orders had to be new build cars. I would question the Motability sales staff at your dealership on this and get them to double check that this would be available for you with absolute certainty before ordering.

MGC71
                                Participant

Hi everyone I have been following for few months now with great interest. I ordered my Volvo xc 40  2/01/2024  I have had no contact from dealer since order patiently waiting. Decided to ring today,  salesman said I will check for update came back and said it arrived  last week when do you want to pick up. Shocked to say the least. It’s a my25 with factory tints that’s what he told me. I will update on Thursday if all is true.

Ellie
                                  Participant

@UncJ Just a quick update. Volvo rang me today to say that they had a stock XC40 Recharge which should be available to collect by 13th July. It’s in the green which is what I wanted, so I’m very pleased. It’s MY24, but I’d much rather have a car in the next month than the uncertainty of waiting for a factory build. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong as the wait for a factory build is 4 – 6 months, I was told. So far the staff at the dealership have been very helpful. I’ll keep you posted!

Sounds good but … Unless things have changed very recently Volvo UK would not allow any stock cars to be used for Motability orders. ALL Motability orders had to be new build cars. I would question the Motability sales staff at your dealership on this and get them to double check that this would be available for you with absolute certainty before ordering.

Ahh, I suspected that might be the case. It sounded as if it had been transferred from stock.

I’ll check tomorrow with the dealership that I can have the vehicle through Motability. Thanks for the advice.🙂

Kia Soul 2020 EV

Ellie
                                    Participant

Hi everyone I have been following for few months now with great interest. I ordered my Volvo xc 40 2/01/2024 I have had no contact from dealer since order patiently waiting. Decided to ring today, salesman said I will check for update came back and said it arrived last week when do you want to pick up. Shocked to say the least. It’s a my25 with factory tints that’s what he told me. I will update on Thursday if all is true.

Lovely surprise after such a long wait. What model have you ordered?

Kia Soul 2020 EV

MGC71
                                      Participant

I ordered xc 40 b3 plus crystal white with tinted windows. Very surprised the guy at Volvo didn’t ring me to say it was in. He said windows tinted in factory, but after reading here not sure that is right. Find out at handover on Thursday.

jOhn
                                        Participant

Hi everyone I have been following for few months now with great interest. I ordered my Volvo xc 40 2/01/2024 I have had no contact from dealer since order patiently waiting. Decided to ring today, salesman said I will check for update came back and said it arrived last week when do you want to pick up. Shocked to say the least. It’s a my25 with factory tints that’s what he told me. I will update on Thursday if all is true.

That’s just awful customer service.  I’d make a formal complaint to not only the dealership’s principals but also to Volvo.

MGC71
                                          Participant

Update on car. Picked up car really love it so easy to drive.Found out it had been at garage for 10 days without phone call.but all well that ends well. Hope everyone gets cars  soon thanks for all the information.Tinted windows done at factory.https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/282537/wemmj2nhb32vzzghjxuudi71qomuujgw.jpeg

Ellyr5
                                            Participant

Congratulations! I’m so amazed they didn’t contact you, that’s dreadful but pleased you love the car. That’s the same colour I have ordered too. Have you got a MY24 or MY25 model?

MGC71
                                              Participant

It’s a my25 salesman at Volvo said no more my24 left now. I think the seats are much nicer on the my25. It might be imagination but I think they are more comfortable. Hope you get yours soon it’s definitely worth the wait.

onelegleft
                                                Participant

Hi there, new to this forum but not to MB. I’ve been following this thread with interest as I ordered an XC40 in April.

I’m going to pick up the car tomorrow. This will be my 8th MB car and apart from the odd hiccup, I can’t really fault the scheme.

Participant

Afternoon All, 🙂 Ive had an email from My Dealer this morning (Preston Dealership) My car is finally on the production line, Status Online, he will email at weekend to say if it’s been despatched yet. Order date 2/2/23. ☺️

Fabulous 😀 at last! Hope I get notification at the Friday.

Id bet my bottom dollar you do Karen, 🙂 Summing up in my opinion, December orders like Ours, (Mine originally) but cancelled to get the lower AP where just in such mass orders they could not cope, no communication down to the dealers, so limited/non to us, instead of holding their hands up they just tried to wing it, and it all went wrong, My order now, from Feb 2nd to being built June 11th I’d have been more than happy with timescale and communication. I wonder how UncJ is getting on with the Merc order? I hope he pops back on to let us know. I feel as though we and a few others are the originals on here through the Volvo Saga 😂

Firstly – Sorry for no “proof of life” photo but I’ve been really unwell this week, a lot of it down to stress I think mainly over selling my old car.

Anyway, I picked up my Mercedes CLA on Thursday after just 2 weeks since placing the order. Everything went well and my dealer kept in contact all the way through the process by both phone and email – complete contrast compared to this and Volvo where there was 6 1/2 months of total silence.

Car is fantastic and zero regrets whatsoever. I’m finding the drivers seat more comfortable than I did the XC40’s seat so that’s the main thing for me. Boot is far bigger than the Volvo too which is a major bonus in getting my mobility scooter in and having enough room for shopping/suitcase etc. Tbh I never wanted an SUV type vehicle anyway and being a shorty I find it far easier getting in/out of the CLA, I had to bend my neck/head forward quite a bit to get in/out of the XC40 with the drivers seat set up for me.

Car drives like it’s on rails compared to my Volvo and straight off the bat I’m getting 40+ mpg overall which is impressive. I think the addition of the mild hybrid equipment on the new CLA’s is definitely making a difference to its fuel economy here. Performance is great and even though a 1.3 engine you now get 177 bhp so no issues at all on that front. 😁

After almost 7 months of waiting for a car and just getting constantly let down I’m glad I cancelled my XC40 order. Volvo have lost a long standing customer over all this and I doubt I will ever get another Volvo again, they shot themselves in the foot over this. Yes, the AP cost is way to much but having said that the current AP on the XC40 is only £500 less now so when you compare the prices in June they’re pretty similar.

Im seeing people on here who’ve ordered XC40’s months  after many of us placed our orders getting cars in short wait times which is brilliant for them, really pleased. But … what on earth happened to those of us who ordered cars in December 2023 & January 2024? Did our orders go in a black hole or something? We’ve NEVER received any sort of explanation to what happened have we? It’s really bizarre. 😞🤔

For those of you still waiting I wish you all the best and hope your cars come ASAP. 🙏

nshaw
                                                    Participant

UncJ – Sorry to hear your health has suffered through this whole experience buying and selling. All stress you don’t need.

So glad you are loving your car 😍 I’ve seen loads in Cheltenham on my long walks with no car and all the taxi are Mercedes 😂 too!
                                                      I’ve heard nothing after my car was supposedly having a build date. It better had or I’ve still time to go to another dealer 🤔

Give us a wave 👋

Karen

Ellyr5
                                                      Participant

I’m so pleased for you and totally amazed when car orders placed January and February still appear to be on the ‘being made’ list, including mine. Where in the country are you please? Some areas seem to have had better availability than others, maybe down to transporters or some other reason? But then again, that wouldn’t count for the build dates we are being given. I’m so thankful we have our car to use whilst waiting but I hate bad customer service and never expected it from Volvo.

Viewing 25 replies - 501 through 525 (of 604 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.