Volvo xc40

• Creator
    Topic
    Ellyr5
    Participant

Hi, not new to the forum but cannot recall username or password so have registered again! The forum is as always forever helpful.

Ive just signed up for a Volvo xc40 petrol automatic soft hybrid in Pearl white after a great test drive and excellent service from ‘Ben’ at Crawley showroom. Was a little tempted by the pale blue but it seemed a little too flat for me and I always love white! Felt very informed, valued and happy with our choice. May date given but I’m not banking on that but was assured to contact him anytime for updates. Seamless application accompanied by coffees.
      Currently have a Peugeot 3008 and will be happy to wave it goodbye but my other half not as much so! ?

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 604 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dodger_7
      Participant

Does anyone know if the AP will be changing in July? Not sure whether to order one now or wait in the hope the AP cost goes down?

Participant

@UncJ absolutely thrilled you got sorted and are happy!! Defo can’t wait to see your new motor, and like @nShaw said please do a huge BEEP BEEP outside your Volvo dealer 😅😅

Im personally waiting for my Volvo as the Mercedes boot wasn’t big enough for us 5, we go camping etc a lot… The saga continues here…. To be continued 🙃

Participant

Does anyone know if the AP will be changing in July? Not sure whether to order one now or wait in the hope the AP cost goes down?

Hi Dodger7, no one including dealers will know that until it lands, (I’d doubt it though personally)

if you are ordering one I’d advise checking build, delivery and exact model ordered etc. Get everything in writing/emailed over. Hope you have an easier transaction than the 40 of us on here. Good Luck 🤞🏽

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avatar photoMrsL83.
            jOhn
            Participant

It’s just a guess, and we’ll find out in July, but I think that the price shot up so much because they had a huge backlog and was intentionally very high to discourage new orders.  It seems they are now getting through the backlog and dealerships have visibility on orders so I would wait till July.

When the XC40 was first released and came on to Motability the AP was $2999 because the interest was huge.   Within a year that had dropped to around £6/7/899 and later when the initial rush was over dealerships were giving deals where they paid part of the AP.  If I’m not wrong, I think Paul Rigby Volvo in Birmingham were paying all the AP at one stage.  I remember keeping an eye on them at the time.

Participant

Morning All ☀️

Ive had an email this morning, reassuring me that my build date of Tuesday (11th)  is guaranteed from order Feb 2nd. And they aren’t taking long to ship ⛴️ over …
                Taken it with a pinch of salt 😂 to be honest, but at least my dealer spoke to me 😂

nshaw
                Participant

Morning All ☀️ Ive had an email this morning, reassuring me that my build date of Tuesday (11th) is guaranteed from order Feb 2nd. And they aren’t taking long to ship ⛴️ over … Taken it with a pinch of salt 😂 to be honest, but at least my dealer spoke to me 😂

Nearly there MrsL83

No news from my dealer but I’m hoping I get my Friday 14th June build. Although not sure I want the Friday afternoon slot!

Dodger_7
                  Participant

It’s just a guess, and we’ll find out in July, but I think that the price shot up so much because they had a huge backlog and was intentionally very high to discourage new orders. It seems they are now getting through the backlog and dealerships have visibility on orders so I would wait till July. When the XC40 was first released and came on to Motability the AP was $2999 because the interest was huge. Within a year that had dropped to around £6/7/899 and later when the initial rush was over dealerships were giving deals where they paid part of the AP. If I’m not wrong, I think Paul Rigby Volvo in Birmingham were paying all the AP at one stage. I remember keeping an eye on them at the time.

Thanks that’s really useful for me to consider! It feels like a bit of a gamble but I’m thinking of waiting until July and see if the prices come down

Participant

Morning All ☀️ Ive had an email this morning, reassuring me that my build date of Tuesday (11th) is guaranteed from order Feb 2nd. And they aren’t taking long to ship ⛴️ over … Taken it with a pinch of salt 😂 to be honest, but at least my dealer spoke to me 😂

Nearly there MrsL83 No news from my dealer but I’m hoping I get my Friday 14th June build. Although not sure I want the Friday afternoon slot!

The end is nigh … hopefully 🤞🏽 what a slog!

I thought we had the same build date as the 11th.. I wasn’t aware you’d been moved to the 14th..? 😣

nshaw
                      Participant

MrsL83, no it’s not moved the dealer said week commencing 14th June in a email but that’s a Friday 🤷‍♀️ so maybe sometime next week! Do they make them in a day? I’ve no idea!

Participant

W/C 14th being a Friday is an odd thing to say isn’t it, I thought they did fire them off in a day being a sort of production line.. but that’s just in my head 😂 and wishful thinking, someone on here will know how long they take to build.
                          All they said to me is build date 11th and 3 weeks max to get here so I’m thinking late June/first week of July … if all goes to plan.

You can ask your dealer for the Screenshot of the build plan which has all the dates on, that’s what I was sent and how I know the exact dates 🙂

nshaw
                          Participant

W/C 14th being a Friday is an odd thing to say isn’t it, I thought they did fire them off in a day being a sort of production line.. but that’s just in my head 😂 and wishful thinking, someone on here will know how long they take to build. All they said to me is build date 11th and 3 weeks max to get here so I’m thinking late June/first week of July … if all goes to plan. You can ask your dealer for the Screenshot of the build plan which has all the dates on, that’s what I was sent and how I know the exact dates 🙂[/

i’ve look again and realised the info is at the bottom of the email! Obviously was too grumpy at the time and stopped reading it!! 😂

Here’s the info below :

Planned Dealer Delivery Date
                            09/07/2024

Make
                            Volvo
                            Model
                            XC40

Last Day of Order Change
                            22/05/2024

Model Year
                            Variant Description
                            XC40 Plus, B3 Mild hybrid, Petrol, Dark

Current Planned Build Date
                            14/06/2024

Participant

W/C 14th being a Friday is an odd thing to say isn’t it, I thought they did fire them off in a day being a sort of production line.. but that’s just in my head 😂 and wishful thinking, someone on here will know how long they take to build. All they said to me is build date 11th and 3 weeks max to get here so I’m thinking late June/first week of July … if all goes to plan. You can ask your dealer for the Screenshot of the build plan which has all the dates on, that’s what I was sent and how I know the exact dates 🙂[/ i’ve look again and realised the info is at the bottom of the email! Obviously was too grumpy at the time and stopped reading it!! 😂 Here’s the info below : Planned Dealer Delivery Date 09/07/2024 Make Volvo Model XC40 Last Day of Order Change 22/05/2024 Model Year 2025 Variant Description XC40 Plus, B3 Mild hybrid, Petrol, Dark Current Planned Build Date 14/06/2024

Thats so funny 🤣 you must’ve just got so peeved off you thought … Oh go away!!! 😅😅😅

There we go then let’s hope these are Our dates then mines a Tuesday build yours is the Friday so the delivery date of 9th July SHOULD be both of ours for Delivery… Ish 🤞🏽🤍

nshaw
                              Participant

Yes MrsL83 let’s hope Friday 12th July (5 weeks) is pick up day 😀 😍 They need to tint the back windows and drop the seat upgrade 💰 !  Karen

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by nshaw.
                                Participant

Yes MrsL83 let’s hope Friday 12th July (5 weeks) is pick up day 😀 😍 They need to tint the back windows and drop the seat upgrade 💰 ! Karen

Ahh yes they’ll deduct your seat upgrade 💰

I didn’t get my windows tinted even though I wish I had now! 😂 but never mind I’ll just be glad to clap eyes on it Karen 🤣

Did we get the same colour? I got Vapour Grey. 😍 Steph

nshaw
                                  Participant

MrsL83 The tinting is completed at the dealers so maybe still possible for you?
                                    We ordered  Fjord Blue although I did change my mind to grey but never mind.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by nshaw.
                                    Participant

MrsL83 The tinting is completed at the dealers so maybe still possible for you? We ordered Fjord Blue although I did change my mind to grey but never mind.

Oh I’m not faffing with the dealer now Karen, with how hardwork they’ve been, I changed my mind to Fusion red 😂 but again wasn’t messing about so stuck with Grey 😂

Participant

I only placed my Mercedes CLA order on Wednesday and went for grey (again! lol) and I’d barely made it out of the dealership car park after placing said order before I started thinking “Maybe I should have chosen silver?” 🤭🤣🤣

Get home and the wife asked what colour I’d ordered and said – “Not another boring grey car again!” 😆😜

Participant

I only placed my Mercedes CLA order on Wednesday and went for grey (again! lol) and I’d barely made it out of the dealership car park after placing said order before I started thinking “Maybe I should have chosen silver?” 🤭🤣🤣 Get home and the wife asked what colour I’d ordered and said – “Not another boring grey car again!” 😆😜

Me, You and Karen have to make a deal that our next cars when we come to change are NOT Grey or Blue 😂… we have to go bold like crazy Red or Purple just not Greys or Blues haha 😂🤍

davidTLB
                                          Participant

My dealer has been in contact to say that my car Volvo C40 ‘Core’ is expected to be delivered on Tuesday 11th June. I ordered on 3rd Jan. The great news is that i have been upgraded to a ‘Plus’ edition, for the same price £1999 which is kind of Volvo.  Has anyone else got an upgrade due to delays ? Hope to upload a few photo’s on this thread next week, if i can work how to !

nshaw
                                            Participant

My dealer has been in contact to say that my car Volvo C40 ‘Core’ is expected to be delivered on Tuesday 11th June. I ordered on 3rd Jan. The great news is that i have been upgraded to a ‘Plus’ edition, for the same price £1999 which is kind of Volvo. Has anyone else got an upgrade due to delays ? Hope to upload a few photo’s on this thread next week, if i can work how to !

Congatulations davidTLB 🎉

I don’t know much about the C40 a full electric Volvo? Does it even look the same as an XC40?!  We are all getting something other than we signed up for! Hope you don’t mind?

Participant

My dealer has been in contact to say that my car Volvo C40 ‘Core’ is expected to be delivered on Tuesday 11th June. I ordered on 3rd Jan. The great news is that i have been upgraded to a ‘Plus’ edition, for the same price £1999 which is kind of Volvo. Has anyone else got an upgrade due to delays ? Hope to upload a few photo’s on this thread next week, if i can work how to !

Congratulations DavidTLB be great to see your pics 👌🏽

Yes as Nshaw says we all are getting upgraded wheels, interior, BLISS system etc as it’s a now a MY25 model, some took them as a upgrade but some didn’t like it,

Mines due to be built tomorrow.. ordered 2nd Feb 👍🏽

davidTLB
                                                Participant

Thanks nshaw for your nice comments. The C40 is the same car as the xc40 apart from the lower back half of the car, its more a suv coupe than a hatchback.

Mrs L83 , i know just how frustrated you have been waiting for your car, i have been on that same journey!

It will be worth it in the end! I promise!!!

Participant

Thanks nshaw for your nice comments. The C40 is the same car as the xc40 apart from the lower back half of the car, its more a suv coupe than a hatchback. Mrs L83 , i know just how frustrated you have been waiting for your car, i have been on that same journey! It will be worth it in the end! I promise!!!

Thank you David, was your vehicle delivered today as promised? 🙂

Participant

Afternoon All, 🙂

Ive had an email from My Dealer this morning (Preston Dealership)

My car is finally on the production line, Status Online, he will email at weekend to say if it’s been despatched yet.

Order date 2/2/23. ☺️

nshaw
                                                      Participant

Afternoon All, 🙂 Ive had an email from My Dealer this morning (Preston Dealership) My car is finally on the production line, Status Online, he will email at weekend to say if it’s been despatched yet. Order date 2/2/23. ☺️

Fabulous 😀 at last!
                                                        Hope I get notification after  Friday.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by nshaw.
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 604 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.