Today I?

This topic contains 121 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Tharg 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #111274 Reply

brydo

Got my telescopic window cleaning pole/brush and washed the front windows and gutters, washed the car, the outside glass table and weeded the garden.

Just about to go for a two mile walk and then ……………………. bed for the night lol.

Viewing 21 replies - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #113138 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Really? The world must have turned upside down. It’s freezing cold and blowing a gale here!

#113141 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Sun is scorching here wigwam but if it goes behind a cloud it gets cold, forecast to get cloudier as the day goes on.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#113539 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Had another go at fitting mesh around solar panels, 99% complete,. I did feel guilty watching the pigeon’s trying to get into their “home” last night.

#113875 Reply

Tharg

Today… I cleaned and polished car (has to be early when it is cool and in the shade) using new Californian water-free clean ‘n’ wax. Seems excellent stuff – only took about 30mins in total. It’s a Mini hatch, so not a lot of area to cover.

Later will cut lawn using my “Brunel” mower. Actually a Qualcast Panther 1950s-ish. Solid cast iron with things that let you oil it! Isambard really had nothing to do with the design, but it feels like he did.

#113881 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Nice day here, only about 17 degrees but sunny. Going a walk soon.

Need to fit a new piece of guttering and I need to start AutoCAD drawings for building control as I’m converting my conservatory into a proper room.

#113882 Reply

JS

Brydo does Scotland not allow extensions etc under Permitted Development? As long as it’s within the rules Drawings etc are not needed.

#113884 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Its not Planning Permission JS its for Building Control so the details of what type of materials, timber frame etc, specification and drawings of how it looks in plan view and cross section. There’s a wee bit of work in it but hopefully i will get it done. Its either i do it or pay someone £500 to do it for me.

I have Planning Permission for the existing conservatory so dont need to do anything with regards to permitted developement.

#113887 Reply

JS

Ahh I see, for drawings etc I find FloorPlanner very good it’s free to use and easy to get the hang of.

#113889 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Havnt tried that JS AutoCAD is free for a month and I’ve used it many years ago so that’s why I am going to use that first. Its unlikely building control will get back to me before the month is up so that could be a problem.

#113890 Reply

roly
    Participant

AutoCAD is undeniably the mutts nuts, but QCAD is open source and pretty good at all the basics. It’s just a bit awkward to use if you are already familiar with AutoCAD’s awkwardness.

#113892 Reply

joss
    Participant

I find leggo works well.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#113895 Reply

Brydo

I’ll have a look at that as well roly

#113897 Reply

Georgie

Is it more than unusually strange that I asked for (and received) a bucket of Lego for my 30th birthday pressie?  It’s the Gift That Keeps On Giving.

Lego has infinite uses.  At the moment there’s a Lego brick acting as a spacer for the front gutter down-pipe, Lego bricks keeping the bookcases away from the wall, and my bedroom door is being held open with a Lego door wedge.

Plus they make that amusing sound when they go up the vacuum cleaner.

#113908 Reply

joss
    Participant

Glad that you appreciate the usefulness of Lego too Georgie

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#113915 Reply

brydo

Repaired the gutter today.

Tomorrow I’m installing an outside socket for Mrs brydos outside lights. If I get it done I will post a picture.

Contacting some Sips (structurally insulated panels) suppliers tomorrow as intend using these rather than timber frame.

#113928 Reply

joss
    Participant

https://imgflip.com/i/433ole

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#113994 Reply

Brydo

Success

#114019 Reply

joss
    Participant

That is a very cosy looking what ya ma call it. I hope you will both enjoy it

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#114037 Reply

Brydo

Thanks joss. Another great day today 👍

#114127 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Don’t know if this how it should be done but I washed our white shaggy rug today. Got it hanging over the whirligig to dry, see what it looks like tonight 🤞

#114145 Reply

Tharg

Yesterday I… did shopping stuff. Online, of course. It really is absurd, but shopping online takes so much more time than actually driving to a supermarket, choosing and paying for stuff and driving home again. Booking a slot is far from easy – working out which firm offers slots on the day you want AND tracking exactly when those dates will be bookable. To confirm booking you have to put stuff on order; pure fiction since it is a month in advance!

Once booked you have to go back later to edit out the month-in-advance stuff you do not want. Then put in the stuff you DO want. Sign out, then sign in again to see what they cannot supply and/or wish to substitute. Then hunt around the site to see what you can replace missing stuff with. This re-checking for removed stuff has to be done two or three times.

Hope we can soon return to going to a shop and buy things you can see, test and actually want!

Viewing 21 replies - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
Reply To: Today I?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: