The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173849 Reply
    Capuchin

I know a few of us are eagerly awaiting delivery of these so thought Iโ€™d make a thread so we can all keep track of updates etc

Ordered ultimate Misty jungle (with light leather) on 9th November. Delivery slated for end of March. Dealer has had no update yet.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,251 through 1,275 (of 1,406 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #192739 Reply
    Chris

Thanks fwippers ๐Ÿ™‚

#192756 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Just covered a 25 mile ride through fast country lanes and A roads. Outward in eco, back in sport, energy consumption identical, but sport much more fun! Handles really well through bends and suspension is comfortable over bumps too.

#192764 Reply
    Ian Websell

#192763 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hello

Its good to see that many have taken delivery of your cars, just been on here over N hour reading your posts.
    Our Kona is brilliant and running at 5.8kwh and still getting 387 on a full charge. We have traveled over 2000 miles now.
    We are still getting used to it and all the set ups as such. We are are off on holiday soon, so that will be a challenge, but an enjoyable one, Iโ€™m sure.
    Iโ€™ve fitted some wind deflectors last week and they work well, in regards to draft.

Love your colour @tillyman, are you loving it? Iโ€™m sure you all are. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#192768 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hello Its good to see that many have taken delivery of your cars, just been on here over N hour reading your posts. Our Kona is brilliant and running at 5.8kwh and still getting 387 on a full charge. We have traveled over 2000 miles now. We are still getting used to it and all the set ups as such. We are are off on holiday soon, so that will be a challenge, but an enjoyable one, Iโ€™m sure. Iโ€™ve fitted some wind deflectors last week and they work well, in regards to draft. Love your colour @tillyman, are you loving it? Iโ€™m sure you all are. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

387 is impressive, what type of driving is the norm for you?

#192771 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Ian – good to hear your car is all you hoped and more – yes I am very pleased with the colour – it is a colour that is hard to describe ย – is it grey – yes ย – but with a hint of green – it sounds sludgy but it works well with the light grey seats and yes as people have said about many colours it does seem to change in different lights – almost like a 3d effect within the layers of candescent paint.

I havenโ€™t been on a really long journey yet where I exhaust the battery and have to recharge away from home – that will be the time I hope to get a more accurate understanding of true range – ie mostly motorway or A roads – eco mode with either heated or ventilated seats depending on temperature, wind and rain.
    Range of 250 – 300 seems to be the previously reported norm.

Many of you have been reporting estimated mileage in excess of 300 exceeding the reported range from reviews and other forums.

It will be interesting to know if they have tweaked the range somehow – I will also have smart recuperation on and use the smart cruise control set at 65 as many forums seem to suggest this is the sweet spot.

Was hoping to go for a ride in excess of 100 miles today – but not one of my better days – so will have to be another day.
    Happy Kona-ing ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#192775 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I am very pleased with the colour โ€“ it is a colour that is hard to describe ย โ€“ is it grey โ€“ yes ย โ€“ but with a hint of green

Sounds very similar to the amazon grey I have on the Tuscon and I like the colour myself ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by kezo.
    #192790 Reply
    Sigma
    Participant

Confirmed by the dealer that our 64kw Kona Ultimate in Pulse Red, ordered on 15 Nov last year has finally shipped on the MV Morning Lady which sailed from Ulsan on 19 Jul.

Expected delivery date is 3rd week of Sep.

#192799 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Sigma – itโ€™s the final count down da-da doo-doo next you get your VIN – then over night you turn into a geek – revisiting all the vids you watched on how to all things Kona. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Pleased for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#192800 Reply
    Wheezywindbag

Hello Konaists
    Soz to bother you all but I’m up for changing vehicle end of October (current car kia niro2 hybrid) I’m really starting to get the ev vibe quite badly and am considering the ev kona. Am just after a no b/s point of view from existing owners. Q1 are they as good as the salesmanship pitch? Q2 Is there still a 6-9 month wait? Q3 Ultimate or Premium (has to be 64kwh). I’d appreciate your responses as I’m getting a bit fed up with sales staff promising the world and producing bog all . Thanks

#192813 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Answers not in any particular order –

premium or ultimate – for me no brainier – at the time – end of October 2021 the ultimate was ยฃ999 and premium – I think ยฃ600.

The additional tech and cosmetic changes I considered worth it

– which were

sunroof – to let heat out – ventilated and electrically powered front seats ย – HUD and additional smart lane control etc.

I believe they are still the best EV choice on Motability – as long as it is large enough – it has a small boot – cramped rear seats – there is plenty of room at the front and very comfortable.
    I am retired as is my wife so most of the time more than enough room – we have 8 grandchildren and 3 of them can fit in the back as they are as yet not full grown.
    Handling – range and acceleration are good – safety tech excellent.

Waiting time I believe ranges from 6 a – 10 months – you will need to check this – certain trims and colours maybe quicker than others – certainly you need to drive the car and check out back seats and boot against your needs.

Lastly I ordered the car end of October ย – which was officially comfirmed by Motability 2nd week December – the dealer maybe happy to put your order in early before your official Motability date because of the long wait time.

It is a lovely car ย – good luck ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#192819 Reply
    Wheezywindbag

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate an honest viewpoint. There’s only the wife and me now and hopefully a smaller boot will substantially cut our weekly shopping bill lol but then again she’ll probably fill the back seats to!. Thanks for the advice about speaking to a dealer I’ll hotfoot off and have a word with one when I’ve got over this covid (yep me to)

#192830 Reply
    Sigma

Tillyman wrote

“Sigma โ€“ itโ€™s the final count down da-da doo-doo next you get your VIN โ€“ then over night you turn into a geek โ€“ revisiting all the vids you watched on how to all things Kona.

Pleased for you”

At what stage do you get your Registration Number?

#192834 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Didnโ€™t know the plate until I picked up the car – got the VIN when it arrived at Tilbury.</p>

#192835 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Wheezywindbag –

Sorry to hear about the covid – tho better now than in the winter.
    My wife and I have been triple jabbed and as far as we know havenโ€™t had it – but I expect the grandchildren will be gererous at some point.
    Hope you get over it soon ๐Ÿ‘

#192838 Reply
    Garry p

Hi sigma what date did you get for the morning lady to dock in tilbury please? .I have been trying since we found out our kona was shipped to find out what ship it will be on we were told docking around 28/08 then to dealership around 23/09

#192847 Reply
    Wheezywindbag

Hi Tillyman, and thanks for your good wishes. Couldn’t agree with you more about having it now and not later in the year. Have had 3 primary jabs and 2 boosters but still ended up with it, but my luck isn’t up there with the best lol. Do you find the range on your kona is as good as suggested by manufacturer? And have tried it on a 100 kwh charger yet?

#192866 Reply
    Ian Websell

Hi @tillyman @fwippers and all

Our driving is mostly local to be honest with the odd trip down to Warwick. But even that returns 4.7.
    As for the gentleman asking if itโ€™s worth it, (sorry forgotten your name)absolutely worth. We ordered ours 4th October 2021 and took delivery 29th April 2022 and I would do it all again and wait longer if needs be. Itโ€™s an amazing car. The Ultimate has gone up to ยฃ1299 but worth the difference due to what you get in addition to the premium. But the 64KWH battery is a must.

Would someone please explain Auto regen please. I have spent over an hour in the car today and cannot seem to fathom it out. Please help me ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

#192868 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

hi Ian hope this helps – if not I will take some pics in the car to make it clearer – I use this all the time and smart cruise either on a road or motorway or for slow speed ie 20 zone ๐Ÿ‘

#192869 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hello Wheezywindbag

I have only had the car for a week so very much a learning newbie – I have seen enough vids on what – but very much still learning the how ย – my gut feeling from limited actual knowledge – if you can get the ultimate – the a/c on a hot day ย – make it cool quick canes the battery – when I do a long journey ie 200 miles plus I expect to condition the car whilst plugged in at home – either cool or warm using heated steering wheel and seats or other extreme ventilated seats and sunroof then eco mode smart recuperation ย and smart cruise on motorways and A roads – when I have proven my logic is sound I will post results – I am expecting to travel from Surrey to Cornwall in September to see my son – will post results and conclusions. – similarly when I do same journey in cold, windy wet weather.
    If you havenโ€™t a home charger then a different ball game which hopefully someone will be able to advise.

#192870 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Have been unable to access forum today, until now. Will have a catch up and post tomorrow.

#192871 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hello Konaists Soz to bother you all but Iโ€™m up for changing vehicle end of October (current car kia niro2 hybrid) Iโ€™m really starting to get the ev vibe quite badly and am considering the ev kona. Am just after a no b/s point of view from existing owners. Q1 are they as good as the salesmanship pitch? Q2 Is there still a 6-9 month wait? Q3 Ultimate or Premium (has to be 64kwh). Iโ€™d appreciate your responses as Iโ€™m getting a bit fed up with sales staff promising the world and producing bog all . Thanks

I have to say in my opinion it’s definitely worth the wait,ย  and if you are a little more patient for the Ultimate, which has a slightly longer lead time than the Premium. Like others I have only had the car a week but it drives really well, is quick and comfortable and the layout is logical unlike some of the other EV’s. Range is important and the on board computer is indicating around 330 miles, with a combination of driving.ย  From my experience with my Tucson, the on board computer was always pessimistic so it’s possibly a shade higher. We’ll worth checking out and taking a test drive.

#192931 Reply
    Wheezywindbag

Gd afternoon tillyman & flippers

Hope ur both well and thanks for the feedback. Am currently not able to get out but when I can I’ll be straight down to brindley hyundai armed with all sorts of questions lol (some possibly rather awkward for the salesman).

Your comments are much appreciated so thankyou and stay safe. Windy

#192945 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hope your salesman has better knowledge than those at my local dealers. Couldn’t even answer a simple question about the HUD, which cost them my business.

#192954 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Ok – so Iโ€™m playing devils advocate here – but today I made a short journey about 6miles there and 6miles back it was a mix of 30 – 40 and some 50 mph speed restrictions – I had it in comfort and a/c set to 18c fan cranked to halfway and ventilated seats on full. I was returning about 3.5 kWh on average – highest 4 lowest 3.2 – but 3.5 was the average.

Firstly ย – I see no point in being uncomfortable when my journey presents no range anxiety, although my light grey seats would hide any salty sweat marks ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But in my view makes a strong case for ventilated seats and sunroof plus heated seats and steering wheel that the ultimate has.
    If you know you are going to make the occasional long journey that may require charging away from home – not using a/c or heat is going to make a substantial difference in range.
    In winter I can put on extra layers – but nobody wants to see me in Speedoโ€™s – would require some series councilling ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
    So I think Hyundai have done a good job at helping you not having the need for a/c

Viewing 25 replies - 1,251 through 1,275 (of 1,406 total)
Reply To: The kona electric delivery time thread and general Kona EV discussion
Your information: