Q4 News and Updates

• This topic has 122 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by ChrisK.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #164918 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I can’t remember a more quite end to a quarter. Usually by now we would have had a few rumours, usually untrue, to discuss but nothing so far. Is it that there are no, positive, expectations for Q4?

As a result of the chip shortage I don’t expect much in the way of change but sometimes surprises happen when you least expect them.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164933 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

2 months ago was new car order time for me and I’m still sat on the fence.

I’ve a couple of cars I’m keeping in mind but waiting until next Friday to see where the AP’s go and how the cost of adaptions are and if there up and more than likely they will be, I’m staying on the fence until Jan 22 Q1 or longer, but if they go down, even if its only slightly, I might jump in.

Either way I’ve sort of given up, or you could say, losing my faith with manufactures as I’m just fed up spending hours reading up the specification of cars that are suitable for my disability only to find them disappear from Motability while private buyers complain there cars are being delivered 3 months later than normal when at least they can order a car.

#164934 Reply
    Mm5

I was told the SEAT tarracos ( maybe all idk, he didn’t specify) will be back on in q4

#164936 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I’ve read (here) that Skoda is due to return, too. No idea which models, but christ i hope the Enyaq is amongst them.

#164938 Reply
    Tim

If the ID4 AP is still obscene and the Enyaq doesn’t make it on then it’s time to consider leaving the scheme.

#164941 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

There is, as you say Brydo, a lack of rumours and speculation, which are normally commonplace at this time of the quarter, but more often than not come to little. I am waiting with anticipation pricing for Q4 and an increase in the number of electric cars available. For those contemplating leaving for possibly a better choice, a few comments from someone who worked in finance. Having carried out extensive research, it is virtually impossible to get a lease at the same price as Motability, especially when all of the associated costs are factored in and the very strict inspection when the car is returned which can often result in a huge outlay for minor repairs which Motability consider fair wear and tear. Secondly, these involve finance contracts which will depend on an individuals credit rating and finally these are very strict contracts with financial penalties for early termination, if permitted and no ability to change mid’term due to a change in health. And finally I have not heard any rumours about the award winning Rexton!

#164945 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

ive got 18 months to go and ive only done 1500 miles because of covid so ive decided its not worth changing, i will extend and look for a decent 2nd hand suzuki jimny as i only need 2 seats the rear i will just set up as a boot. as soon as i find one at a price i can afford i will leave the scheme.

i was going to keep on and get an ev but i cant get a charger here so thats yer lot mota.

#164946 Reply
    Tim

Sounds like a solid plan Mitch.

#164948 Reply
    struth
    Participant

I believe prices will go up, and the nissan guy said he was surprised how low the AP was on the tenka+ considering what you get.  He said he wasnt aware of anyone getting a hoist in one as of yet.

I didnt order a hoist this time as i was annoyed that they didnt want to reuse the one i bought from them last time. its basically brand new but was told I’d have to stump up for removal and making old car like it hadnt been fitted(fat chance of that) and then pay to get it fitted but then added we doubt you can get a fitting pack as that company is not being used currently.

Also this new car has a false floor etc so ive decided not to. I will sell my 3 scooters next year and buy a fold up I think.

#164950 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

If the ID4 AP is still obscene and the Enyaq doesn’t make it on then it’s time to consider leaving the scheme.

I very much hope the ID4 pulls an ID3 and gets the AP slashed by 50%-75%. The ID3 in the introductory quarter was also stupendously high in AP, now (next to the Kona) i’d consider it one of the best deals on the scheme in Max trim (i understand that the Tour has the bigger battery, but Max would be sufficient enough for us and comes with a glass roof and adaptive suspension).

I hope the ID3 stays low (though i’m pretty convinced it’ll go up substantially), and the ID4 becomes at least somewhat affordable – the ID4 Family would tickle us, if the AP comes down to around £3500-£4000 (from an eyewatering £8500).

#164955 Reply
    Aspen

I certainly hope this is true, im due to order in December and love the tarraco fr sport

#164958 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I wonder id f the statement on Motability´s website is preparing the ground for a rocky quarter or two, maybe three?

#164966 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

There is, as you say Brydo, a lack of rumours and speculation, which are normally commonplace at this time of the quarter, but more often than not come to little. I am waiting with anticipation pricing for Q4 and an increase in the number of electric cars available. For those contemplating leaving for possibly a better choice, a few comments from someone who worked in finance. Having carried out extensive research, it is virtually impossible to get a lease at the same price as Motability, especially when all of the associated costs are factored in and the very strict inspection when the car is returned which can often result in a huge outlay for minor repairs which Motability consider fair wear and tear. Secondly, these involve finance contracts which will depend on an individuals credit rating and finally these are very strict contracts with financial penalties for early termination, if permitted and no ability to change mid’term due to a change in health. And finally I have not heard any rumours about the award winning Rexton!

fwippers – those considering leaving the scheme don’t necessarily need to lease. They may use a PCP and/or buy privately. I have bought three brand new cars over the last 6 years or so (for myself or my daughters) – a BMW, a VW and a Hyundai. With all three I got an average of around 20% discount as a combination of manufacturer, dealer and finance incentives that are linked to such deals. With all 3 I paid off the finance very quickly (2 of them within a few weeks of taking delivery), incurred absolutely no penalty charges and was able to retain the full finance discount. It’s a loophole that thousands of people exploit. All cars had between 3 and 5 year warranties and servicing plans (negotiated in the deal). My private BMW 5 Series cost me less to run (all costs taken into account) than my wife’s Motability Tiguan over the same period. I appreciate that only a small proportion of Motability customers may be in the financial position to do this, but for those that are it is certainly an attractive option and well worth considering, especially if you fancy a car that you can’t get through Motability.

#164974 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

As a former Regional Bank Manager and eventually a Full Board Director, I can confirm ( from perusing large numbers of rejected applications – albeit a few years back ) not only will very many disabled people not be able to meet the income requirements for a private lease on a new vehicle (and therefore there is a distinct advantage with Motability and not having an income assessment and check carried out) but also many will not pass a credit check , which of course , is not carried out alongside a Motability application!

The Motability scheme is an excellent scheme for the vast majority of the disabled , indeed, it may be the only scheme available for some, and we need to be careful not to encourage people to leave , as they may face disappointment elsewhere?

Of course, some people will be able to afford vehicles outside of the scheme, and are free to do so, but they should be wary of putting ideas into others minds!

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#164977 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

As a former Regional Bank Manager and eventually a Full Board Director, I can confirm ( from perusing large numbers of rejected applications – albeit a few years back ) not only will very many disabled people not be able to meet the income requirements for a private lease on a new vehicle (and therefore there is a distinct advantage with Motability and not having an income assessment and check carried out) but also many will not pass a credit check , which of course , is not carried out alongside a Motability application! The Motability scheme is an excellent scheme for the vast majority of the disabled , indeed, it may be the only scheme available for some, and we need to be careful not to encourage people to leave , as they may face disappointment elsewhere? Of course, some people will be able to afford vehicles outside of the scheme, and are free to do so, but they should be wary of putting ideas into others minds!

Spot on, some people are in a fortunate position to have options, many don’t.  The scheme generally is really good value, pandemics, Daily Mail and Covid made things difficult, hopefully in a few quarters, things will start getting better.

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#164978 Reply
    Tim

Are people putting the idea into others minds? Which part of the discussion gave you that impression?

#164979 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I don´t know if that is the case or not. Anyone considering leaving the scheme in my opinion should weigh up all the evidence, pro´s and con´s before deciding. They say many are influenced by what they read. I try and post objectively, as do the vast majority on this forum. As it says on the front page, knowledge is the greatest tool.

#164980 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Returning to topic, if past experience is anything to go by, we should start seeing Q4 prices from around Tuesday.

#165001 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Returning to topic, if past experience is anything to go by, we should start seeing Q4 prices from around Tuesday.

I hope there’s a few leaks here and there this week and I will be visiting this thread every day, no sorry, every hour, ops, no, every minute of the day for the next 4 days.😁

#165026 Reply
    Tim

I’ve had a play with a few manufacturers URL’s in the hope that ‘Motability-Pricing-Q4.pdf’ has been lurking behind the scenes. Unfortunately nothing just yet.

#165054 Reply
    sif

Demand for fossil fuel cars will depend on whether there is any fossil fuel.

#165099 Reply
    Lynzbryce

I am due to order a car and have to do it by end of October as my extension comes to an end on my current vehicle. I rang my audi dealer as my son wants another Q3 (his car I am just the driver)

He said he was surprised when the s-line was removed but thinks it may return again. I am too worried about it being removed all together so i am going to place my order before the 1st. He did say that there doesn’t seem to be much change between Q3 and Q4 and excepts not much difference in pricing and models available.

#165100 Reply
    Capuchin

I’m going to be eligible for the scheme (and insurance costs in my area make it viable) for the first time right around when Q4 drops, so looking closely at this.

I hope they add the Enyaq or Ioniq 5. Else its probably a Q1/Mini Countryman/XC40 for me. Though I can’t home charge and manchester is terrible for EV points, so leaning towards the petrol models.

#165106 Reply
    kbfern

Can’t see their being any Enyaq or Ionic 5 on the scheme as the Enyaq is quoting 30+ weeks delivery and the Ionic 5 will not be below the £35k base model point.

I am going with an ID.4 myself and the AP may even come down a bit although not taking any chances and ordering tomorrow at the current price in case it goes up. My dealer has said if price comes down he will cancel and re order at new AP.

#165107 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

kbfern at a time like this i suggest most of motabilities previous rules will have been thrown out the window.

Customers who don’t see the down side of being a motability customer at this time must be on another planet.

Motability must take steps to stop the rot and if that means changing their rules then that’s what must be done.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#165109 Reply
    Gary

@Rene,

The ID4 only has 2 available options for me when I search Motability, have I missed a method of searching?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 122 total)
Reply To: Q4 News and Updates
Your information:

One thought on “Q4 News and Updates”