Q4 News and Updates

• Creator
    Topic
  • #164918 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I can’t remember a more quite end to a quarter. Usually by now we would have had a few rumours, usually untrue, to discuss but nothing so far. Is it that there are no, positive, expectations for Q4?

As a result of the chip shortage I don’t expect much in the way of change but sometimes surprises happen when you least expect them.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 22 replies - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165547 Reply
    Rene

For the test drive it doesn’t particularly matter to us, but the order will be for the Max Pro.

I do like the wheel choices on the Tour better (starts with 19″, and the, imho, cool 20″ aren’t that expensive so we’d order those too – as opposed to the Max which starts on 18″ steelies, where we’d pay for the 18″ alloys – but they want almost £2000 for the 20″ on the Max), and obviously the range – but in the end, 250ish miles range will do us plenty, and with that comes the glass roof (not that important, but still) and more importantly, the adaptive suspension. The thought here is that EVs generally have stiffer springs (heavier car) – the adaptive suspension plus small wheels (18″, as mentioned) will get some comfort going.

It’s also lighter than the Tour, which equals nippier (which is not that unimportant to me).

#165559 Reply
    david felce
    • just phoned suzuki – the swace sz5 has come down from £999 to £549😁
    #165560 Reply
    Anthony

All Kia Pro-ceeds disappeared

#165570 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

To round up todays activity:

Numbers on the Scheme up 120 to 1179

New Vehicles: Hyundai Bayon and Kia E-Niro

Returning vehicles:  SEAT: Arona, Ateca, Tarraco and Ibiza. Skoda: Kodiaq, Kamiq, Suberb, Octavia, Scala. Volkswagen: Tiguan

Removed Vehicles: Audi: A1, Q3, Fiat: 500L, Honda: Civic, Kia: Ceed, Pro Ceed, Soul, Sportage, Mitsubishi: Mirage (Brand no longer on Scheme) Volkswagen: Polo, Passat.

We have 6 more PHEV’s added to the scheme, Aside from the SEAT Leon hatch which starts at Nil Advance payment they are all expensive, the next up the price scale is the Renault Captur starting at £2295 AP then they top out at £5295 AP for the Ford Kuga Vignale!

Prices: upwards trajectory, again!

#165572 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Yes the Swace is a good AP. As for Toyota Corolla GR Sport 1.8 Estate up from £1,645 to £2,395 and the CH-R Design 1.8 up from £2,595 to £3,795 this car was £795 in Q1 this year.

#165574 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Numbers are up a bit but prices are, in the main, up a lot. As someone looking only at electric vehicles then overall I am pleased with the choices and prices available. At the moment I cannot look beyond the Kona and ID.3, the latter in 77kwh guise. The e nero is a welcome addition but the AP’s sting a bit and to have a built in sat nav it looks like you have to go for the 3 or 4 trim with prices over 4.5k. Will have scroll through all offerings but Phev’s look really expensive as do traditional ICE’s.

#165576 Reply
    Capuchin

I think if EV’s were suitable for me, it would be an easy choice for the Kona.

#165586 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think if EV’s were suitable for me, it would be an easy choice for the Kona.

It´s definitely the favourite but I think it is important to look at both options. I believe the build time is much shorter for the Kona.

#165838 Reply
    HelloMoto

Mercedes seems to have disappeared from the Motability Website

#165887 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

The SZ5 is the top spec, I’m quite sure it used to come with leather seats and sat nav, I’ve been looking and apparently no leather seats or sat nav now. It does have blind spot monitoring though, something not available on the Corolla. For anyone not aware the Swace is a Corolla Estate with a Suzuki badge on, it’s even made by Toyota on the Corolla production line in Derbyshire.

#166153 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Had a bit of interesting news today?

I asked my local VW dealer if the Tiguan Elegance would be back on Motability in Q1 22 as I intend to order an R-Line but would prefer the Elegance or Allspace and they said the Allspace will be back before the end of year but have no news on the AP for it or for the return of the Elegance.

#166250 Reply
    Jane

So I ordered my DS3 Crossback on July 3rd. I got a call in the first week of September and was told my car would be with me by the end of that month or the very first week October. I called all excited only to be told that my car had not even been built … It doesn’t even have a Vin number. The communication with DS has been diabolical and I’m not without Any Vehicle because I got rid of the one I had. What can I do!?!?! It’s devastating and I’m at a loss. Any advice !?!?

#166252 Reply
    Tim

Jane, I’m sorry to read you’re without a vehicle! I think the onus is on your supplying dealership here, they informed you your car would be ready on X date. I’d be asking them to take some responsibility for the misinformation. Best outcome would be a courtesy car until yours is ready but I just can’t see them going that far…

#166258 Reply
    Jane

Tim, that’s exactly what I would have thought. From day one the sales rep was absolutely horrendous and I have always been the one to have to chase her down. I finally got in contact with her manager (who was actually the one who apparently told her my car would be ready by x date) and he hasn’t even taken any responsibility and has blamed it on the factory. Surely if the manager gave that update the he should be able to do something other than say “I don’t know what to tell you but sorry” and “you could shop elsewhere but I’m sure there are delays everywhere” . This whole experience has been devastating as I truly needed this vehicle a lot sooner rather than later as things have got worse for me. It was going to help me beyond words . It’s just very deflating and has defeated me greatly!

#166260 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

You should call Motability, they might be able to organise you a courtesy car to tie you over.

On top of that, i’d cancel the order and walk to another dealership. Either another DS, or just get another car. If i get the impression that a dealership doesn’t want “my” business, fck em. Times are tough, and as a motability customer you got choice. Phone around, call dealerships that have cars in your price range and ask what the quickest delivery possible is. Don’t be too afraid to ask for in-stock cars either, most they can do is say no.

At least, that’s what i’d do.

#166264 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

So I ordered my DS3 Crossback on July 3rd. I got a call in the first week of September and was told my car would be with me by the end of that month or the very first week October. I called all excited only to be told that my car had not even been built … It doesn’t even have a Vin number. The communication with DS has been diabolical and I’m not without Any Vehicle because I got rid of the one I had. What can I do!?!?! It’s devastating and I’m at a loss. Any advice !?!?

Hi Jane, is this your 1st Motability car?

#166307 Reply
    Jane

Yes this is my first Fwippers

#166330 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I asked Jane as others had said to ask motability for a courtesy car but as this is your 1st motability car then at present you are not a member. As others have said it is worth checking with dealers locally to see what they have in stock that might suit.  Good luck.

#166353 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Yes this is my first Fwippers

Not much consolation Jane I know – but that’s a cracking car you’ve chosen there in the DS3 Crossback! Seen a few on the road now and it’s a real head-turner.

I hope – really hope – that you get yours soon. When you do, please upload a few photos for us (well… me) to drool over. Cheers & good luck.

#166354 Reply
    Jane

I can’t thank you all enough for Your words and advice etc. It’s not the best experience in the world, but I have to remember I’ve survived so so so much worse. I’ll be finding out more this week, but I’m assuming as I don’t have the vehicle to “replace” that  motability won’t supply a courtesy and DS are passing the buck left right and Centre . Also now it seems attempting to get a different car would take even longer. Thank you all xxx

#166356 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I can’t thank you all enough for Your words and advice etc. It’s not the best experience in the world, but I have to remember I’ve survived so so so much worse. I’ll be finding out more this week, but I’m assuming as I don’t have the vehicle to “replace” that motability won’t supply a courtesy and DS are passing the buck left right and Centre . Also now it seems attempting to get a different car would take even longer. Thank you all xxx

Here’s a tip that we found out two days ago. It’s not a guarantee, but certainly does match our experiences.

I don’t know where you’re based, and it does sound rather weird, but if you can: go to a dealership that is in a less.. “affluent” area. We recently scavenged through multiple VW dealerships – two of them in “better parts” of the area, and one of them “in the valleys”.

The one in the valleys blew the other two out of the water big time. Starting from the fact that the one in the valleys actively advertised Motability on the outside with multiple big posters (the other two didn’t mention motability at all anywhere), there were a few key differences. The two salesmen in the more affluent areas got rather “short” with us once they heard that we’re looking into Motability cars, and after mentioning that we’d want a few extras and different wheels on the car we were looking at, immediately got huffed at pointing out that we have to pay for (quote) “every single thing you add extra”.

Whereas in the valleys, after we said that we’re with Motability, he immediately said that most of their customers are indeed Motability customers, and it doesn’t make a difference to them (offered tea and coffee as well, which the other two didn’t). We sat down and talked for more than half an hour, whereas in the other two we were talking less than two minutes to the salesmen, they basically just pulled the demonstrator car out of the bay, chucked the key at us, told us how to put it in forward and buggered off. On top of that, and that’s the important bit, the dealership in the valleys offered us in-stock cars, not just factory orders. That means that if we go for the Golf GTE (which is likely), instead of waiting almost a year for delivery, we could have one of the cars they have on the lot (all of course brand new cars). We also inquired about courtesy cars in case our new one needs to come in for more than 3 hours (the dealership isn’t local to us, we drove 100 miles total to get there), and they happily ensured us that while they can’t guarantee another GTE as courtesy car, they won’t let us walk off the lot if the car needs to go in (and we don’t care if it’s a basemodel VW Up! for a day as long as we don’t need to walk/train home).

The reason here being that “poorer” areas don’t sell as many new cars, so a Motability order is better than no order at all – so they actually make an effort and treat you as a proper customer. Admittedly, we don’t have actual physical proof for it, but that certainly is our personal experience.

If you’re in south Wales, i couldn’t recommend Capitol VW in Merthyr Tydfil more (in fact, after googling, they were recommended here multiple times before over the years, didn’t know beforehand though). There’s other dealerships there too, i think Nissan and a few more that i can’t recall – i assume the “customer care for motability users” will be equally good in the other ones there.

#166661 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Could be some good news, Toyota are saying, sort of, that the shortages will be all over by Christmas.

Toyota Looking To Make Up For Lost Production As COVID-Hit Suppliers Recover | Carscoops

https://tinyurl.com/yhrl86w3

Now where have I heard that before…. can’t remember but its all quite on the western front.😀

Viewing 22 replies - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
Reply To: Q4 News and Updates
Your information:

One thought on “Q4 News and Updates”