Q4 News and Updates

• This topic has 122 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by ChrisK.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #164918 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I can’t remember a more quite end to a quarter. Usually by now we would have had a few rumours, usually untrue, to discuss but nothing so far. Is it that there are no, positive, expectations for Q4?

As a result of the chip shortage I don’t expect much in the way of change but sometimes surprises happen when you least expect them.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165110 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

In regard to Q4 Pricing, there is a chance, and this would take a progressive outlook from Motability, that Advance Payments could reduce for Q4. Second hand values are at unprecedented levels and for Motability to take advantage of these they need to get people to order a new vehicle, with the option of adding new vehicles to the Scheme very limited, the only option left is to entice customers by offering a reduced level of Advance Payment.

#165115 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

@Rene, The ID4 only has 2 available options for me when I search Motability, have I missed a method of searching?

If you go here:

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/finance-offers-and-fleet/motability.html

and click on “Motability price guide”, you’ll get a PDF with their current offers. In that, you’ll get this in regards to the ID.4:

I don’t know why it’s not popping up in the Motability search, the “extra models” never have this quarter, but yeah. Apart from the (imho) stupendous AP, they are indeed offering them.

#165117 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

In regard to Q4 Pricing, there is a chance, and this would take a progressive outlook from Motability, that Advance Payments could reduce for Q4. Second hand values are at unprecedented levels and for Motability to take advantage of these they need to get people to order a new vehicle, with the option of adding new vehicles to the Scheme very limited, the only option left is to entice customers by offering a reduced level of Advance Payment.

I wish!

It does make sound business sense to take advantage of any opportunity in the market to enhance profits overall, and selling off 3 + year old vehicles ( which at that age are likely to be starting to cost them money ) for a greater amount than they would have received previously is clearly one way of achieving this.

As you indicate, this in theory would allow Motability to use this enhanced profit to reduce other costs , including AP’s, ‘ BUT, ‘ yes but I’m afraid, I wonder if they would look at the overall picture ( have they come close to no profit during the period of the pandemic , and need to get this back on track first .) or would / even could they plough any excess over projected returns back into individual AP’s?, and then there is the conundrum ‘ which vehicles / manufacturers get the advantage?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Mike 700.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Mike 700.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#165119 Reply
    struth
    Participant

expect the worst and you wont be disappointed. my life motto

#165129 Reply
    JamesH

From my understanding some AP’s are related to the cars sell on value at the end of the lease. It is why you see some higher spec models showing a cheaper AP than the lower spec ones. It is easier to sell on a higher specification in the second hand market. Rarely do the lower base models make relative money back.

An example of this was the Mercedes A class hybrid being cheaper in Premium plus than Premium. I think the GLA had the same thing. Either way the probability of a car selling at good price on the second had market has a bearing on the AP.

I expect it is why we could see good AP’s on electric cars as they become more and more desirable in the market and keep a good sell on value.

#165140 Reply
    Lynzbryce

I don’t know if i should wait until the 1st of October to order the audi q3 or do it before Friday. I worry that it might get removed from the scheme or the price will go down and more models added. I am stuck.

#165144 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

if your set on the q3 then get the dealer to agree to cancel and reinput the order if the ap goes down.

its done regularly at quarters end some do it without being asked.

#165147 Reply
    Lynzbryce

Thanks Mitch that’s really helpful 😀

#165255 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hyundai salesperson told me they don´t have a clue about Q4 pricing, they only get the info on Oct 1st but did say the Ionic 5 wont be available, not in Q4 anyway.

#165303 Reply
    Paul

The lack of early q4 prices not appearing this close to oct1st ,would suggest it’s not looking good for new additions ,or is this the norm?

#165312 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Tomorrow is the final day of the quarter, and nada! Does this auger well or not? Perhaps there have been a lot of negotiations happening behind the scenes?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by fwippers. Reason: Unacceptable grammar!
    #165315 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I will chuck my hat in the ring and say, numbers wise, we will start with just over 1000 cars, 1026 is my forecast.

#165319 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I will chuck my hat in the ring and say, numbers wise, we will start with just over 1000 cars, 1026 is my forecast.

I’m gonna say the numbers will go slightly up, 1070 is my forecast, I also think the AP will probably go up on most of them.

#165342 Reply
    Adam

Hi everyone,

I got confirmation from my Seat dealer today that that many of their models will be making a return for Q4, such as the Terraco (starting at £2099 if I remember correctly) Ateca, Arona etc.

I’ve ordered the Leon FR Sport estate with an AP of £1399 and I was told it will come down to £1049 for Q4. Just some info incase nobody knew.

#165344 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hi everyone, I got confirmation from my Seat dealer today that that many of their models will be making a return for Q4, such as the Terraco (starting at £2099 if I remember correctly) Ateca, Arona etc. I’ve ordered the Leon FR Sport estate with an AP of £1399 and I was told it will come down to £1049 for Q4. Just some info incase nobody knew.

Encouraging news.

#165353 Reply
    Mm5

I’m gonna say there will be around 1207 cars tomorrow. 😂

#165390 Reply
    joelfletch
    Participant
    #165391 Reply
    Rene

Tiguan is back, but not the Elegance trim – and the ID4 still has moon prices.

But i’m not complaining, it’ll still do some people.

#165392 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

This link will open a page for the VW prices, save you downloading.

https://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Volkswagen-Q4-2021.pdf

#165393 Reply
    Rene

The Tiguan Life is the same price now as the Elegance when it was available last quarter lol.

Oof.

#165394 Reply
    kbfern

The ID4 I ordered a few days ago stays the same and the ID3 Tour we were considering has gone up £200. We can breathe now.

#165396 Reply
    kbfern

The Tiguan’s all appear to have gone up and No Elegance as already stated so a win for anyone ordering in Q3 before they were dropped off the scheme..

#165398 Reply
    Capuchin

@kbfern Nice guess.

I’m waiting this out currently as I have a slight indication we may get the Enyaq. Not sure I can deal with an electric car, but thats for another thread…

Does anybody know if Motability site updates at midnight, or more like 9am?

#165399 Reply
    Darnster

Capuchin

How confident are you on the Enyaq appearing? Where did you get your indication from? I will quite frankly bite your hand off for an Enyaq as it’s just what I’m looking for – classy EV with a big boot.

#165406 Reply
    Rene

Don’t hold your breath. In the other thread i linked a dealership with updated Q4 prices, no Enyaq. Octavia and Kodiaq came back though.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 122 total)
Reply To: Q4 News and Updates
Your information:

One thought on “Q4 News and Updates”