Forum Members Photos:

• Creator
    Topic

I don’t often post photos on the forum, but I’ve posted a couple tonight.

It occurred to me that with the better weather just around the corner (hopefully), it might be the right time to open a dedicated “members photos” thread.

Take care not to give away info about yourself that you wouldn’t want others to see. Entertain us, make us envious with your gardening skills or your flair for decorating, or your precious pets.

Let’s share with our community and get to know each other better through photographs. Remember, don’t post anything that you may later regret …. Otherwise go for it.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Went many times to Benidorm Christmas and new year

Participant

cant really remember last real holiday i had.  last of any kind was about 20 years ago, but as i was pushing a wheelchair all day it wasnt much of a hol for me lol. the one before was 25 years ago and i was doing same except in 40 degree heat. worst week of my life heat wise.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
          Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Brydo
          Participant

Me too struth, we go on very few holidays but almost all holidays, of any length, have included a medical incident of some description. The result of this is a fear/apprehension of going anywhere.

My recollection is that we have had one proper holiday, with no incidents, in the past thirty-odd years.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
            Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Jojoe
            Participant

We always holiday in the UK as it’s a lot easier to manage wheelchairs / scooter. There’s lots of fantastic accessible accommodation. We tend to stay on holiday parks. ParkDean let you search their entire list of holiday parks and narrow it down to wheelchair friendly caravans, they have wet rooms, you can park next to the unit and there’s ramps into the caravan.

One of our favourite is St Ives Bay Beach Resort in Cornwall (Not ParkDean). The accessible caravans have fantastic sea views towards the Godrevy lighthouse.

We struggle to go 3 months without a holiday. We regularly spend November and January in Cornwall.

Maybe we could have a section of the off topic forum dedicated to accessible holiday recommendations???

Ioniq
              Participant

Mike, that better be Menorca, or you gonna have to change your name…😆😆😆

It’s a grey day but the magnolia tree has started to blossom which is a cheery sight. I’ll photograph it on the next sunny day when the blossoms should open nicely.

Sunshine and colours in my front garden this afternoon. I know the grass needs cutting, lol.

Sunshine on the magnolia looking out to the middle garden.

Participant

looking good pops… pretty wet here

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                        Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

joss

New roof is my latest project on the Joss home stead.

New roof

Joss
                          Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

joss

New roof front view almost done.

New roof. Front.

Joss

kezo
                            Participant

New roof front view almost done. New roof. Front.

Is that you climbing up the ladders?

Jojoe
                              Participant

I’m thinking of a new roof myself, I get a bit scared thinking it’s a big job. We have exactly the same roof tiles as you Joss. How long did it take?

My Magnolia tree update. It’s nearly in full bloom.

kezo
                                  Participant

Nice looking Magnolia tree @POPS

Any Cherry Blossoms in your wonderful garden?

joss

I’m thinking of a new roof myself, I get a bit scared thinking it’s a big job. We have exactly the same roof tiles as you Joss. How long did it take?

@joejo it took 2.5 days in total. That’s from stipping the old tiles and laths, plus the old bitumin felt. Fitting new hi quality liner and laths. New tiles and flashing around chimney base’s and dry ridge tiles.

The Company H&K roofing contractors Ltd Doncaster. Brillent guys and very cost effective.

Total cost £5,400 which included full scaffold to front and rear of my house. Plus 8 tonne Skip.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by joss.

Joss

joss

New roof front view almost done. New roof. Front.

Is that you climbing up the ladders?

Hahahahaha not a chance Kezo, Mrs Joss would not allow me to stand on a chair, let alone a ladder on to the roof.

Joss

Participant

My Magnolia tree update. It’s nearly in full bloom.

Beautiful example!

Participant

Had this land on my knee in the garden last August. Still not identified it properly.

wmcforum
                                            Which Mobility Car
                                              Participant

Roesel’s Bush cricket. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roesel%27s_bush-cricket

Good call WMC, that’s definitely the one! Thanks for the assistance.

Ele
                                                Participant

Ah Benidorm

Adore this place

My Family have lived there for many yrs

They used to run Vincents the oldest British Pub in Benidorms old town

Ele
                                                  Participant

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Ele.
                                                    kezo
                                                    Participant

Spinnaker tower?

Went the historic docks around the museums and of course on HMS Victory and then up the tower. Must of been 8yr ago now, when I was into Peppa Pig!

Ele
                                                      Participant

Yes the Spinnaker Tower thats had more managers than Portsmouths Football Team lol

Worked at Gunwharf some yrs ago.

In fact I also worked on this very site as a young man when it was full of ships and still owned and part of Portsmouth Dockyard

I have 2 many stories that cant be told here lol

Took this pic a couple of days ago as didnt want to have the 2 Aircraft Carriers in shot,rare opportunity as they dont often move far lol

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Ele.
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.